Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: JETS FA Rumor Thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up for nelson and landry

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And a WOW about Pettitte!

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/BrianCoz"][B]Brian Costello[/B] ‏ @[B]BrianCoz[/B] [/URL]
    Jets have expressed interest in Ravens free agent ILB Jameel McClain, according to a source

Wow RT [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/JackCurryYES"]@[B]JackCurryYES[/B][/URL]: The Yankees have signed Andy Pettitte to a 1-year minor league deal worth $2.5 million.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know about both but I think Nelson is as close to a must sign as we're going to have. I hope we get both so we dont have to reach on Barron in the first round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nelson can't leave the facility withoutsigning a contract. I expect the jets to press hard to get him and hopefully he will sign here.

If they somehow landed Landry also I'll be so happy, immediately becomes best secondary in the league.

Make it happen Tanny

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheJetsStream"][B]Manish Mehta [/B] ‏ @[B]TheJetsStream[/B] [/URL]
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheJetsStream"][/URL]Jets do like ILB Jameel McClain, source confirms. He's on their radar right now

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4399609][URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheJetsStream"][B]Manish Mehta [/B] ‏ @[B]TheJetsStream[/B] [/URL]
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheJetsStream"][/URL]Jets do like ILB Jameel McClain, source confirms. He's on their radar right now[/QUOTE]

This is the greatest FA period ever!

We're chasing all the guys I wanted! :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4399614]This is the greatest FA period ever!

We're chasing all the guys I wanted! :D[/QUOTE]

All those years of mock off seasons are finally paying off

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AzJetFan;4399540]LaRon was in Scottsdale last night dining at a restaurant I manage. He was getting off his cellphone as I was showing him to a table and I said that " I hope that was the Jets you were talking to because you would be a great addition to our team". He laughed and seemed surprised and said that was the Jets so I figured he was pulling my leg. Maybe not!
    LaRon was extremely personable and seemed like a good guy. He possesses some of the largest arms I have ever seen and would certainly add muscle in our secondary.
    When he was leaving I wished him luck and good health wherever he signed and told him to visit again when back in town. Nice guy, hope we sign him![/QUOTE]
    How did his achilles look?

:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4399563]One thing is for sure: We'd have legit safeties for the first time in I dunno how long ... assuming Landry stays healthy.[/QUOTE]

Super Bowl III?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;4399616]All those years of mock off seasons are finally paying off[/QUOTE]

Oh, there's plenty more where that came from. :cool:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4399558]I don't know about "ever", but it would certainly be the best secondary in the league currently.[/QUOTE]
    Possibly best secondary ever for the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4399623]Possibly best secondary ever for the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Definitely

QB's around the league are going to sh*t their pants if our secondary looks like that this year. Especially if we draft a legit passrusher within the first 2 rounds.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DRevis24;4398860]wasnt Chilens and Stanton supposed to visit today? has anyone heard anything on that?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they sent them to Hofstra.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4399592]if all our cap went here i would be happy as can be..............then we can look lb and olinemen in the draft and sign a cheap stud te blocker to help hunter or shaulderoff if he goes to T and I would be set with the whole team I think mcnight can be our change of pace back to Greene. The only think I am worried about is QB play and holmes.[/QUOTE]
    If we can get a RT with our #1 pick, he would instantly be better than Hunter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4399599]If the Jets like Curry....its possible they could draft Floyd in the first and Curry in the second. They get good value at both picks AND fill huge needs. Thats IF they sign Nelson.[/QUOTE]
    Something tells me you like this Floyd kid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4399604]And a WOW about Pettitte!

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/BrianCoz"][B]Brian Costello[/B] ‏ @[B]BrianCoz[/B] [/URL]
    Jets have expressed interest in Ravens free agent ILB Jameel McClain, according to a source

Wow RT [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/JackCurryYES"]@[B]JackCurryYES[/B][/URL]: The Yankees have signed Andy Pettitte to a 1-year minor league deal worth $2.5 million.[/QUOTE]
    Translation: Pettitte needs money. The mortgage payments in Scarsdale are getting harder to make.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4399640]Translation: Pettitte needs money. The mortgage payments in Scarsdale are getting harder to make.[/QUOTE]

oh please...He's made more than enough $$...I'm guessing he just misses playing and as long as he still do it why not play (or try) another yr

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4399640]Translation: Pettitte needs money. The mortgage payments in Scarsdale are getting harder to make.[/QUOTE]

translation after moping around the house and playing fantasy baseball his wife told him to get out and get it out of your system..............:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4399636]Something tells me you like this Floyd kid.[/QUOTE]

LOL...the more I think about it, the more I think he makes a lot of sense. It would be good value at 16 and he fills a huge need. Unless someone slides, like an Ingram, I think Floyd should be the pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4399629]Definitely

QB's around the league are going to sh*t their pants if our secondary looks like that this year. Especially if we draft a legit passrusher within the first 2 rounds.[/QUOTE]

QB's don't sh*t their pants over secondaries.

They sh*t their pants over pass rushes.

Doesn't matter if you have 4 All-Pros in the secondary. If the QB has a minute and a half in the pocket, his receivers are eventually going to get open.