Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: JETS FA Rumor Thread

I like the Stanton signing. He wasn't bad in his games with the lions, was great in college, and has a lot of good tools. He's also much cheaper than a guy like Henne or Campbell so we can use more money on other positions.

Veteran
    No problem with Stanton, cheap backup with game experience.

exactly the type of backup you want. can come in and be ok, not expensive, not feeble like brunell.

Veteran
    outside of Campbell and orton, the rest of the qbs were in the same boat. wonder what everyone thought of garrard. he's not young but experienced and probably cheap

David Garrard probably would be available for similar money..........

All League
    Stanton is looking at a vet minimum type contract. Gerrard would want like $2-3m.

Garrard wants a chance to start. The Jets don't offer that opportunity.

I thought Stanton looked ok the last time he started. Maybe he develops over time.

Jets already put their eggs in the Sanchez basket for at least two more years. Great move to grab a cheap backup with some potential.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JETS2417;4397914]Jets already put their eggs in the Sanchez basket for at least two more years. Great move to grab a cheap backup with some potential.[/QUOTE]

... agreed ...

... our $$$ should be spent on RT and S ...

l_j_r

I think the issue with Garrard isn't starting.. He's not going to get that chance. The issue is with that injury. The only reason he didn't sign with someone last year was because that injury left him in pretty bad shape.

Jets Insider VIP
    Do we know anything new about Nelson, Landry, etc?

I'm not saying go out and sign everybody but it would be encouraging if we at least set up a visit for these guys.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4398057]Do we know anything new about Nelson, Landry, etc?

I'm not saying go out and sign everybody but it would be encouraging if we at least set up a visit for these guys.[/QUOTE]

don't worry. the jets 'have had phone er, contact with nelson.

"hi reggie, what's up?"

"hey mike. i'm visiting new england now. gonna meet with bill."

"cool! tell him i said he-"

click.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4398057]Do we know anything new about Nelson, Landry, etc?

I'm not saying go out and sign everybody but it would be encouraging if we at least set up a visit for these guys.[/QUOTE]

I believe Meriweather, Schilens, and Stanton are visiting today.

[QUOTE=parafly;4398071]I believe Meriweather, Schilens, and Stanton are visiting today.[/QUOTE]

The first two are dry-heave worthy.

Stanton at the league minimum is an ok signing. Least he's better than Brunell and Clemens were.

Veteran
    funny thing is that garrard had lumbar micro diskectomy and everyone is concerned about injury. this is a minor procedure compared to what Peyton was going thru. Peyton had a cervical fusion. that is far more invasive

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4398067]don't worry. the jets 'have had phone er, contact with nelson.

"hi reggie, what's up?"

"hey mike. i'm visiting new england now. gonna meet with bill."

"cool! tell him i said he-"

click.[/QUOTE]
    lol

"we signed about an hour ago, you were in the lobby, with the black fella"

[QUOTE=jetswin;4398130]lol

"we signed about an hour ago, you were in the lobby, with the black fella"[/QUOTE]

LMAO. So your word wasn't strong as oak?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=southside;4398143]LMAO. So your word wasn't strong as oak?[/QUOTE]
    :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=C Mart;4397831]Cro getting anxious..He should come to JI and start a thread..:D

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/ACromartie"][B]Antonio Cromartie[/B] ‏ @[B]ACromartie[/B] [/URL] [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/TheJetsStream"]@[B]TheJetsStream[/B][/URL]
    y haven't we heard anything on Reggie Nelson[/QUOTE]

He's been posting stuff like this for a couple days now. It's cool to see he really cares about the team improving and being successful

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4398160]He's been posting stuff like this for a couple days now. It's cool to see he really cares about the team improving and being successful[/QUOTE]

+1