Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Nelson

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bungles fans seem to want Nelson back with them. Also a bit about Anthony Collins, a OT thats a FA.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/3/16.../jets-fan-here

one funny comment:

If you work for the Jets or know someone who does
    They are both just terrible. It will be the worst decision the Jets will ever make.

by hyprpwnmania on Mar 16, 2012 11:17 PM EDT reply 5 recs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When a guy Altus over and leaves without a contract, that's not a good sign.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Not good. Very worried.
    I supected he would give Cincy last dibs.

I'm surprised he didn't make a deal over his cell phone with them while still with the Jets like that dude did a few years ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I supected he would give Cincy last dibs.

I'm surprised he didn't make a deal over his cell phone with them while still with the Jets like that dude did a few years ago.
    Yep, Winfield from buffalo. Still one of the best in the game.

This isn't good. I hope we aren't skimping on the money and banking on Rex and his system being the difference.

If we miss out on both Nelson and Landry, we are screwed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, Winfield from buffalo. Still one of the best in the game.

This isn't good. I hope we aren't skimping on the money and banking on Rex and his system being the difference.

If we miss out on both Nelson and Landry, we are screwed.
    Unless he lowballed the offer, can't blame Tanny for Nelson's hesitation here. This is the guy's life - a responsible person doesn't jump at the first offer unless it was exactly what he wanted and it's with the team he's wanted all along.

That said - the bold is 100% true. Jets have use for both of these players...if they don't even get one then I would agree that Tanny failed in this area.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not one to rain on a Jet fan's parade, but I'd like to pose a question before this board inducts Nelson into the Jets HOF. Given that the market for Safeties is thin, both in the draft AND in FA, why would the Bengals, who all the cap space in the world, allow a starting quality FS leave? Given how important athletic Safeties have become, it doesn't make much sense. Kind of makes you wonder.

I'll be interested to see what his "price" is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    Not one to rain on a Jet fan's parade, but I'd like to pose a question before this board inducts Nelson into the Jets HOF. Given that the market for Safeties is thin, both in the draft AND in FA, why would the Bengals, who all the cap space in the world, allow a starting quality FS leave? Given how important athletic Safeties have become, it doesn't make much sense. Kind of makes you wonder.

as you can see the Bengals have made offer which means they don't want him to leave..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical Pats trolling with fear, praying the player doesn't sign with the Jets

Too funny

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

What you really want to say is:

"If my patsies don't like him, he must be no good"

I've never said this...I've always behaved as a poster, but errrr, GFY.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    why would the Bengals, who all the cap space in the world, allow a starting quality FS leave?

... look up cheap b*stard in the dictionary and it will say ... brown, mike ...

l_j_r

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 51JetsFanInPA View Post
    LMAO! That made me laugh out loud. Honestly, I don't think we have to worry about Reggie Nelson. I think after he comes to his senses, he will come here. I do not believe there is a "3rd team" and I believe his agent is being anonymous just to drive up the price for his client.

Mike Brown is extremely cheap. He makes jews look like big spenders. He better take our deal!
    Just wow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    What you really want to say is:

"If my patsies don't like him, he must be no good"

I've never said this...I've always behaved as a poster, but errrr, GFY.
    Who says the Patsies don't like him? The only thing you can ever be sure of as a Pats fan in the off-season, is you'll NEVER hear the real skinny as to who they want or don't want. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Pats are the "mystery" 3rd team, or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO! That made me laugh out loud. Honestly, I don't think we have to worry about Reggie Nelson. I think after he comes to his senses, he will come here. I do not believe there is a "3rd team" and I believe his agent is being anonymous just to drive up the price for his client.

Mike Brown is extremely cheap. He makes jews look like big spenders. He better take our deal!
    Edit and Apologize to our Jewish members or GTFO

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bungles just signed DB Jason Allen

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aagarcia View Post
    After not signing today, I doubt he'll be a Jet.
    he's not....never mind!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    he's not....never mind!
    ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd we end up going into the season $10mil under the cap like last year, I am going to scream.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Well **** you too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd we end up going into the season $10mil under the cap like last year, I am going to scream.
    You realize that if it wasnt for the money the Jets didnt spend last year they would have been over the cap this year and would have been forced to make some cuts. The carryover is what helped us stay under the cap before the league year started. Other teams like Pitt, Oakland, Dallas have had to cut key players. The Jets have not.

They might be in the sane situation next year which is why Tanny might be saving the money again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Typical Pats trolling with fear, praying the player doesn't sign with the Jets

Too funny
    Cmon Ray Nelson wasn't even on my radar for the Pats (of course neither was Steven Gregory ). My guy was Richard Marshall, and I hated that he wasn't signed and hated it more that he was signed by the Phins.

BTW - I could live if the Pats got Landry on a prove it deal, but personally I'd rather spend the limited cap money we have resigning Carter and Anderson.