Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could we be waiting for Tebow?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually not opposed to having Tebow if he came on the cheap.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4399395]Could we be waiting for Brady?

Could happen.

_[/QUOTE]
    Or perhaps Godot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4399395]Could we be waiting for Brady?

Could happen.

_[/QUOTE]

I think our dysfunctional locker room could use some Jesus.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Tebow, and always said that he needs to play for a team that is built to play great D and run the ball... Just what Rex wants to do.

Not saying he is a better option than Sanchez, but I would love Tebow as a Jet and running some wildcat packages.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4399390]What HC/OC would be a better fit for tebow the Rex/Sparano? Rex and Sparano would be salivating over this guy.

Listen, Im not saying I want this to happen, but heres what Peter King thinks:
    Sports Illustrated's Peter King already believes Tebow's trade value is no more than a fourth-round draft pick.

There is no doubt if Sanchez struggles, tebow could come in and win games. He showed last year he can do that. Can you say that about Quinn or Stanton?[/QUOTE]

You may be on to something. Most teams look for a back up QB who can run their offense. Maybe the new trend will be having two entirely different offenses, one for the starter one for the back up. This way the team can practice both every week and really confuse everybody.:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make it happen Tanny!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, we have a GM and Coach who's seats are getting real hot if they dont make the playoffs. If Sanchez struggles out of the gate, you dont think they would love to have an option to go to the bullpen and bring in a guy who can win games?

Your not getting that with Quinn or Stanton.

Im not saying Tebow would have a chance to start. i am not even saying I want Tebow on this team. But if Tebow gets cut or can be had for a 4th round pick, you would be crazy to think that Rex/Tanny/Sparano wouldnt talk about bringing him in to backup Mark.
    Last edited by Joe W. Namath; 03-16-2012 at 11:08 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4399412]Make it happen Tanny![/QUOTE]
    Tuukka Rask!!!!

How is Tuukka? I heard he's hurt and they replaced him with a corpse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4399410]You may be on to something. Most teams look for a back up QB who can run their offense. Maybe the new trend will be having two entirely different offenses, one for the starter one for the back up. This way the team can practice both every week and really confuse everybody.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Nah, we ran a lot of Wildcat with Smith 2 years ago. We could do the same with Tebow. Miami started the whole Wildcat craze while Sporano was there anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4399418]Remember, we have a GM and Coach who's seats are getting real hot if they dont make the playoffs. If Sanchez struggles out of the gate, you dont think they would love to have an option to go to the bullpen and bring in a guy who can win games?

Im not saying Tebow would have a chance to start. i am not even saying I want Tebow in this team. But if Tebow gets cut or can be had for a 4th round pick, you would be crazy to think that Rex/Tanny/Sparano wouldnt talk about bringing him in to backup Mark.[/QUOTE]

Why not Chad Pennington?

(runs and hide after throwing gasoline on a fire)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4399418]Remember, we have a GM and Coach who's seats are getting real hot if they dont make the playoffs. If Sanchez struggles out of the gate, you dont think they would love to have an option to go to the bullpen and bring in a guy who can win games?

Im not saying Tebow would have a chance to start. i am not even saying I want Tebow in this team. But if Tebow gets cut or can be had for a 4th round pick, you would be crazy to think that Rex/Tanny/Sparano wouldnt talk about bringing him in to backup Mark.[/QUOTE]
    I rarely agree with you, and I know there's a lot of knee-jerk responses in this thread, but I like the idea. The bigger question mark is the trigger to it all...Manning.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4399420]Tuukka Rask!!!!

How is Tuukka? I heard he's hurt and they replaced him with a corpse.[/QUOTE]

Basically.

B's are screwed. :mad:

Poor Tuukka

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I immediately stop reading when a post begins with "hear me out" because that statement is ALWAYS followed by some dumb sh!t.

Tebow won't be cut I promise you, and he probably won't be traded.

If Denver gets Manning, Tebow will probably just back him up and learn to play the position properly.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 03-16-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    No one could possibly be this clueless :huh: I hope this is a joke

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4399373]I was thinking that maybe the Jets will make a last minute try for Manning and then trade Sanchez to Denver for Tebow and have Tebow back up Manning, learn the system and then start in 2 years.

Notwithstanding that we sign Quinn and trade Sanchez for Alex Smith and a later 4th rd draft pick.[/QUOTE]

And then????

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Help is on the way!

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xWkpRNYlMCE/Tl6Sl_AvCpI/AAAAAAAAASw/adZoXRsTSOk/s1600/mib.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4399390]What HC/OC would be a better fit for tebow the Rex/Sparano? Rex and Sparano would be salivating over this guy.

Listen, Im not saying I want this to happen, but heres what Peter King thinks:
    Sports Illustrated's Peter King already believes Tebow's trade value is no more than a fourth-round draft pick.

There is no doubt if Sanchez struggles, tebow could come in and win games. He showed last year he can do that. Can you say that about Quinn or Stanton?[/QUOTE]

We could have Tebow win all the regular season games, and then give Sanchez the start in the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All you who doubted me. Called me crazy. Feel free to eat crow and bow down to my knowledge of what the Jets were thinking.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4406512]All you who doubted me. Called me crazy. Feel free to eat crow and bow down to my knowledge of what the Jets were thinking.[/QUOTE]
    :worship: I'm in. :D

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Y'all bring your smart-azzes back in here and genuflect to our Master, Joe W.

Eat your crow or explain yourself; show some class. :D

Looks like about 25 geniuses; step right up. ;)