Thread: WSJ 2012 Delegate Tracker

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

WSJ 2012 Delegate Tracker

[URL="http://projects.wsj.com/campaign2012/delegates/"]http://projects.wsj.com/campaign2012/delegates/[/URL]

This is a cool (if you're a politics nerd) webpage

As of March 16

Romney 495
    Santorum 252
    Gingrich 131
    Paul 48

Three questions:

What number of delegates will give Senator Santorum the muscle to influence the Republican Party platform in a significant way?

Has he already reached that number?

If Santorum gets this power will he force one of his poison pill (for socially moderate voters) planks into the Republican Party platform?

a. :dunno:

Calculating primary election delegates sure is easier than calculating salary cap numbers.

:jets17

Hall Of Fame
    I think it is time for Paul and Gingrich to quit. At this point they are being counter-productive to the GOPs ultimate goal.

To answer your question I think he already has enough to be influential. There are a lot of Republicans that are not in love with Romney, mainly the hard-line conservatives. Santorum speaks to those people.

Hopefully they get this thing decided sooner rather than later so the focus can be put on Obama and his administration.

I voted for Obama but I have done a complete 180 on him. I drank the Kool-aid in '08, but I am having a hard time finding new Kool-aid to drink in the GOP. I think if it were any other election Obama would be a sure loser but his opponents leave a lot to be desired.

Delegates explained

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_QxdO6qgfY[/url]

The real hope here for Obama fans is that Santorum continues to press on in this thing. Romney ends up forced to spend money on primaries instead of gearing up for the general election. I don't see it happening. I predict that by the time NY and NJ get to voting Santorum will bow out for the good of the party. Time will tell.

All League
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4400461]I think it is time for [B]Paul and Gingrich to quit. At this point they are being counter-productive to the GOPs ultimate goal.

[/B]To answer your question I think he already has enough to be influential. There are a lot of Republicans that are not in love with Romney, mainly the hard-line conservatives. Santorum speaks to those people.

Hopefully they get this thing decided sooner rather than later so the focus can be put on Obama and his administration.

I voted for Obama but I have done a complete 180 on him. I drank the Kool-aid in '08, but I am having a hard time finding new Kool-aid to drink in the GOP. I think if it were any other election Obama would be a sure loser but his opponents leave a lot to be desired.[/QUOTE]

The GOp's ultimate goal?
    I thought the GOP was all about individual liberty?

What about Paul and Gingrich's ultimate goal?

They both have the opportunity (a small one) to broker a deal with the Romney or Santorum to embrace one of their policy initiatives or to give them a job in the new Republican administration.

Why quit?

All League
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4400518]The real hope here for Obama fans is that Santorum continues to press on in this thing. Romney ends up forced to spend money on primaries instead of gearing up for the general election. I don't see it happening. I predict that by the time NY and NJ get to voting Santorum will bow out for the good of the party. Time will tell.[/QUOTE]

No President Obama Supporters want....

Santorum and his legion of hard liners force Romney to declare that once he is President he will..."use every ounce of his political capital to outlaw Masturbation as it is a sin against the glory of Heavenly Father..."

:yes: