Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Need advice from fellow facility managers/sports directors

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Need advice from fellow facility managers/sports directors

    I am looking to upgrade my facilities with better janitorial tools. The government is cutting down positions at my fitness centers and I am trying to maintain them in accordance with the American College of Sports Medicine standards, especially with the heavy-load of patrons we receive on a daily basis.

    I have been researching double-bucket mopping systems which prevents cross-water contamination. I believe it will save gracious time to my poor employees. I am also looking at micro-fiber products to help ease the pain for all types of floors to include the basketball courts.

    I am interested in two Rubbermaid products:

    1) The double-mopping system as mentioned above:



    2) Hygen Clean water mopping system with filter system:



    Any serious suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Sports; 03-17-2012 at 07:59 AM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    whoa

    has it come to this for Roger Vick?

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    whoa

    has it come to this for Roger Vick?
    Wrong...go milk your cows Timmy.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    whoa

    has it come to this for Roger Vick?
    It's not Vick....it's Airborn.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your local Grainger branch should be able to help you, dingus.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Your local Grainger branch should be able to help you, dingus.
    I went to the site and they only carry 20 quarts capacity which is a bit too small. The Rubbermaid is 35 quarts which is more feasible for the job.

    Thanks for the information, I'll keep looking.

    For gym floors, I am strongly considering this system which includes 52" daily use pads and 50" wet cleaning pads:

    Last edited by Sports; 03-17-2012 at 08:46 AM.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    I went to the site and they only carry 20 quarts capacity which is a bit too small. The Rubbermaid is 35 quarts which is more feasible for the job.

    Thanks for the information, I'll keep looking.

    For gym floors, I am strongly considering this system which includes 52" daily use pads and 50" wet cleaning pads:

    At the botttom of the ad...I notice that they suggest the use of a small child as the operator of the Promop®.

    Is this, perchance, followed by the quick, furtive deposit of said toddler at the local train depot..... the day before payday?


    -

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,364
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    At the botttom of the ad...I notice that they suggest the use of a small child as the operator of the Promop®.

    Is this, perchance, followed by the quick, furtive deposit of said toddler at the local train depot..... the day before payday?


    -
    Don't ban him though, he's been much better...and his thread, although out there, are entertaining. He's like a Southside that gets laid.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    At the botttom of the ad...I notice that they suggest the use of a small child as the operator of the Promop®.

    Is this, perchance, followed by the quick, furtive deposit of said toddler at the local train depot..... the day before payday?


    -
    I will keep my eyes open for half-naked, neglected-toddlers at the nearest subway station.


    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Don't ban him though, he's been much better...and his thread, although out there, are entertaining. He's like a Southside that gets laid.
    I started drinking again after the infamous "30 days of sobriety" thread.
    Last edited by Sports; 03-17-2012 at 09:13 AM.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    I will keep my eyes open for half-naked, neglected-toddlers at the nearest subway station.




    I started drinking again after the infamous "30 days of sobriety" thread.

    I'm sure you will, creepy.

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    I'm sure you will, creepy.
    Don't be so mean! We did rescue a 2-3 year old half-American, half Russian kid that was looting around the subway. The kid was standing at the edge of the warning line in diapers and no shirt and immediately jumped inside the train. My girl and I tracked him down, secured him and then called the local authority.

    I am not calling my self a hero or pretending to be one, but we did encounter a very unique situation that I mistakenly shared on this site.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    It's not Vick....it's Airborn.
    I don't think so. It's missing the broken english and retardation thing.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I don't think so. It's missing the broken english and retardation thing.
    Please capitalize proper nouns Professor Einstein.

    As far as the retardation thing, I started to juice my brains and is apparently working.

    Now, take a chill-pill and go milk your cows.
    Last edited by Sports; 03-17-2012 at 07:24 PM.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Please capitalize proper nouns Professor Einstein.

    As far as the retardation thing, I started to juice my brains and is apparently working.

    Now, take a chill-pill and go milk your cows.
    I'm sure Airbourne knows about hyphens and the phrase "proper noun".


    Common Vick! This is tragic.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I don't think so. It's missing the broken english andretardation thing.
    R U SURE ABOUT THAT?

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of shout-outs for those who contributed to this thread:

    Jets Things- even though Grainger didn't quiet worked out for me, I appreciate the fact you stayed within the subject.

    32G- you are probably the smartest poster in JI with greater attention-to-detail than the average person. I never spotted the fine print, now I am motivated to start reading them more often.

    Plumber- I think you are a kind person.

    Mods- please close this thread, it's a done deal.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    A couple of shout-outs for those who contributed to this thread:

    Jets Things- even though Grainger didn't quiet worked out for me, I appreciate the fact you stayed within the subject.

    32G- you are probably the smartest poster in JI with greater attention-to-detail than the average person. I never spotted the fine print, now I am motivated to start reading them more often.

    Plumber- I think you are a kind person.

    Mods- please close this thread, it's a done deal.
    sorry Roger

    keep squirming

    my god what has happened to our MENSA man?

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    A couple of shout-outs for those who contributed to this thread:

    Jets Things- even though Grainger didn't quiet worked out for me, I appreciate the fact you stayed within the subject.

    32G- you are probably the smartest poster in JI with greater attention-to-detail than the average person. I never spotted the fine print, now I am motivated to start reading them more often.

    Plumber- I think you are a kind person.

    Mods- please close this thread, it's a done deal.


    WTF! Think you're forgeting someone here, ingrate.....

  19. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    WTF! Think you're forgeting someone here, ingrate.....
    I rather thank Timmy's efforts and contribution than your two miserable posts.

    Timmy > brady's a catcher
    Last edited by Sports; 03-18-2012 at 05:37 AM.

  20. #20
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... hadn't added anyone to ignore list in a bit .. guess it's time again ...












    l_j_r

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us