Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trolls and JI

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    QUIET!

he does all the mods returns for free. Just like you give me those extra fries when I come to your place of business.
    I provide plumbing advice in exchange for alcohol. Just make sure you get the advice before I consume the alcohol. "Youu know what chu neeed? Wanna knoow wut wud be KICK ASS!! An indoor swimming pool in the f*cking basement, dood. It would rock. All u need is a few things from Home Depot and a slightly more better homowners insurance policy..."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Honestly, TX offers more to this board then 2/3's of the posters here. We need someone who keeps the homers in check, otherwise this board just turns into a giant circlejerk.
    Ah, that old canard. One of the most famous canned responses in JI history.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    When did Dunkin' Donuts start serving fries?
    Its the new Mickey D's - Dunkin Donuts combo store!

Extra fat and calories on every item...

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I love this board, I have been mostly reading for atleast the last 7 years. I really do not understand how we let these trolls just interact daily like they belong here. Its really brings down the site. I do not mean to offend anyone (well I could give 2****s about the trolls) but seriously man ...
    Troll=Somebody who doesn't agree with you.

Ban em all I say

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Don't you have returns to falsify?
    Never happen ..... We are pretty busy though.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I like the trolls better then most of the nerds that took over the strip a couple of years ago. Yeah I said It.
    They sure seem to know more about the sport than those who just whine incessantly.

Or worse who complain about every move as if they come here after their day gig as a NFL GM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Coming from the guy who has 3500 posts since oct 11, and which most of them are about how Revis isnt going to reup with us and how we should trade him.
    I laughed. He is a voice of doom, whiney sh1t.

Like any other population, there are good trolls and bad trolls. Of course the Jets winning would control the troll population.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Like any other population, there are good trolls and bad trolls. Of course the Jets winning would control the troll population.
    Meh, I was here after the Jets spanked the Pats in the playoffs...some of us are like deer ticks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Meh, I was here after the Jets spanked the Pats in the playoffs...some of us are like deer ticks.
    Methinks if I rubbed vaseline on you, you'd stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    You know what's unintentionally funny? Pats fans who spend more time on Jets boards than Jets fans do. What sad people. I see dozens of them with thousands of more posts than me, a lifelong, loyal, and (some that know me would say) obsessed Jets fan. What sad individuals to spend more time here than a Pats forum (or scary if they spend as much if not MORE time in them!). Do you think the amount of time they spend here shows how much they fear us? Or just that they have no lives/jobs and seek to alleviate boredom by attacking those who simply cheer for a different team than them?

Or maybe they are the smart ones and know that fans of long-suffering teams are more loyal, intelligent, and knowledgeable than the band-wagoner fans of their own team? How many Pats fans were around during those pathetic 1-15-esqe years? I respect those who were more than these people who've only ever known the silver helmet Parcells/Bledsoe and BB/Brady eras. They're a somewhat spoiled bunch. Life-ending failure to them is just missing the Super Bowl or losing it.

I'm also a San Antonio Spurs fan (sorry, I know a lot of Knick and Net fans are here, I feel for ya bros, remember, I'm a Jet fan), and I do NOT troll rival boards and mock those who won less championships. In fact, I'd be more inclined to troll a board of a bunch of stupid, spoiled band-wagoner team like an LaLaLand Fakers board. Are there many Pats fans on Steelers boards? Or... heck.. Giants boards? ( HAHA... what... too soon? Aw. )

Then again, when the Pats fans troll, it gets more page loads and responses, so the mods are probably ok with it as long as it doesn't get out of control. I'm ok with that.

Just remember... Pats trolls are sad, sad, unintentionally funny people. Maybe we could all just laugh at every mindless attack post they make? Where's the point-and-laugh emoticon?

You should post more....

Banned

How many Pats fans were around during those pathetic 1-15-esqe years? I respect those who were more than these people who've only ever known the silver helmet Parcells/Bledsoe and BB/Brady eras. They're a somewhat spoiled bunch. Life-ending failure to them is just missing the Super Bowl or losing it.
    I had Pats season tickets from '82 through '92.

I sat through a 1-15 and 2-14 season in a high school stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Does trolling = disagreeing?

It seems that anyone who disagrees with given topic (whether pro or anti-Jet sentiment) is a troll.

If there are more critics in a given thread, then the apologists are the trolls. If the thread is a "back-slapping fanboy" were thread anything and everything the organization does is applauded then the person who critiques something is the troll. My point is that it goes both ways.

Other than those situations, there is very little true "trolling".
    In many people's opinion this is indeed trolling.

The actual trolls do it on purpose, despite their beliefs, just to annoy people.

"The Jets' colors are green and white."

"No they're not. Black and gold."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'm thinking this thread has run its course. Feel free to continue this discussion in the Dump if you wish - its an underrated forum.

Jets Insider VIP
    You know what's unintentionally funny? Pats fans who spend more time on Jets boards than Jets fans do. What sad people.
    A few of them have actually said they frequent this board because they'd rather talk football with Jets fans then the homers on their own board.

Take it FWIW...

Talking

Flushing in 5...4...3...2...1...weeeeeeee