Thread: Pat Nixon

Pat Nixon

Here's a nice read about a former first lady.

[url]http://spectator.org/archives/2012/03/16/pat-nixon-at-100[/url]

I am hardly surprised I knew not a thing about her.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I have no doubt Pat Nixon was a fine woman but this:

"Over trivia, over nothing, over something small, the greatest peacemaker ever to occupy the White House was made to leave."

Trivia? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=FF2;4402341]I have no doubt Pat Nixon was a fine woman but this:

"Over trivia, over nothing, over something small, the greatest peacemaker ever to occupy the White House was made to leave."

Trivia? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Didn't amount to much more than that. He erred in trying to protect a friend.

It pales in comparison to what many presidents before and after are guilty of.

As far as statesmen go Richard Nixon was a great man. Case closed.

How damaging is the interference the media will run for its chosen candidates, it runs to pure evil.

Anyone who doubts that last story about JFK ordering interns to blow his friends is a fool. LBJ wasn't much different.

And yet who's loathed in popular culture? The guy who ended the Vietnam war, that's who.

I have one assignment: ask any Vietnam vet how he personally feels about Nixon.

Then ask them what JFK or LBJ ever did for them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Nixon was better than his legacy makes out, same as JFK is worse than his legacy makes out.

LBJ, just horrible all round (well, apart from Civil Rights, tbh).

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4402593]Nixon was better than his legacy makes out, same as JFK is worse than his legacy makes out.

LBJ, just horrible all round (well, apart from Civil Rights, tbh).[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all three.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4402593]Nixon was better than his legacy makes out, same as JFK is worse than his legacy makes out.

LBJ, just horrible all round (well, apart from Civil Rights, tbh).[/QUOTE]

Nixons personality, watergate, and paranoia really underscore how good of a president he was.

Simply opening up China alone should mark his legacy, but he did great work in relations with Russia, ended the draft, we went to the moon during his first term, ended Viet nam.

If watergate and those bizarre tapes never happened he probably would be held in higher regard than Reagan.

well, maybe.

Oh, and not to stray from the OP, the piece was pretty crappy. He uses a speech about Pat Nixon to score political points for the first several paragraphs.

How about just tell me what made her a remarkable woman instead of using her memory as a chance to take a pot shot at Michele Obama and fearmonger about Stalin. Yeesh!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4402566]Didn't amount to much more than that. He erred in trying to protect a friend. [/QUOTE]

Awww, you make it sound so sweet.