Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Begining of the End?

Begining of the End?

I hate to be negative so soon. I know we still have the draft and alot of football ahead but i get an uneasy feeling that this will be the end of Tanny/Rex and Woody will be reaching out to Bill Cowher by November to coach and run this team ala Parcells in1996/1997.

There seems to be a lack o direction with this team that hasnt been felt since.... Walton/Coslet/Kotite.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4402275]I hate to be negative so soon. I know we still have the draft and alot of football ahead but i get an uneasy feeling that this will be the end of Tanny/Rex and Woody will be reaching out to Bill Cowher by November to coach and run this team ala Parcells in1996/1997.

[B]There seems to be a lack o direction with this team that hasnt been felt since.... Walton/Coslet/Kotite[/B].[/QUOTE]

Why? Because they havent signed any big name FAs to big contracts?

Hall Of Fame
    Ho-lee crap.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4402275]I hate to be negative so soon. I know we still have the draft and alot of football ahead but i get an uneasy feeling that this will be the end of Tanny/Rex and Woody will be reaching out to Bill Cowher by November to coach and run this team ala Parcells in1996/1997.

[B]There seems to be a lack o direction with this team that hasnt been felt since.... Walton/Coslet/Kotite[/B].[/QUOTE]

Unreal. This regime reminds you of the Walton/Coslet/Kotite days???

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4402286]Unreal. This regime reminds you of the Walton/Coslet/Kotite days???[/QUOTE]

Funny..... I think Kenny is an OK poster BUT this must be a St pattys day hangover response. I give him a pass.

I think his point is...we appear a bit out of the mainstream lately.

Only the fan base reminds me of the Walton/Coslet/Kotite days and has a lack of direction not the team.....

are you serious comming off 8-8 and where are comparing this group with the lowest of the lows in jets history. i dont know if anybody is paying attention but under tanny the jets have had the greatest sucess in the treams history. i know no superbowl big deal how about winning football games at the best rate ever. Rex the best winning percentage of any coach ever here-Mark the best winning percentage of any qb ever her. how about we wait till the actually have a loosing season to start even a thinking we need changes. 30 years of season tickets and this is by far the best run we have ever had it feels like there have been decades of no playoffs and no winning seasons. Even with all the flaws last years team had they still won 8 games and they had the giants down and out and manning threw into double coverage that ball should have been pick six for us wilson was slow to get there and manning made a better throw than frave did when we ended that minny game. Same D called far different outcomes. Stay the course and your faith rewarded

Actually I think it's been the complete opposite. Yes, we've missed out on some free agents we were hoping for but at least we're not overreacting and overpaying for average talent (Reggie Nelson) and showing some faith and stability in our QB and not looking to sign the big name (Peyton Manning). By the time it's all said and done we're not going to get every free agent we're after, let's let the draft unfold and watch as teams release players going into training camp. Unfortunately, we're still a long way from the season starting.

[QUOTE=tfine350z;4402292]Only the fan base reminds me of the Walton/Coslet/Kotite days and has a lack of direction not the team.....[/QUOTE]

+1

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Would you feel better if we let Brick, Mangold, Revis, or Harris walk last year so we could be players in FA this year?

We made Brick, Mangold, Revis and Harris some of the highest paid players at their respective positions last year. We even gave big money to Cro and Holmes.

The last 3 years we were big players in free agency. You can't be that every year. Sometimes you have to let things settle and peice together a few cheaper, low risk high reward type signings. And we also have a full slate of picks in the draft to help us as well. We have a talented roster overall. Our coming season is about ourr franchise QB taking a step foward. If Mark doesnt improve it wouldnt matter who we signed honestly. There is enough talent on this team right now for top QBs to win with.

I'm going into the bomb shelter as we speak, only room for one more.

All Pro
    While i see the resullts that have been achieved by this regime,i firmly believe that u send the wrong message when u reward insubordination and punish folks for speaking the truth.

The way the season ended,the wrong guy got fired because he was the only coach who showed the guts to act when action was needed.Rex is running an insane assylum and it can't/won't end well.

Unless he changes.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4402290]Funny..... I think Kenny is an OK poster BUT this must be a St pattys day hangover response. I give him a pass.

I think his point is...we appear a bit out of the mainstream lately.[/QUOTE]

You WOULD know about "hangovers". :rolleyes:

But really...who cares if we're "a bit out of the mainstream lately"? It's the offseason.

Things will pick up when TC starts. Now people are going to be more focused on the NHL playoffs and Baseball Season. It's how things are.

[QUOTE=Tinstar;4402302]While i see the resullts that have been achieved by this regime,i firmly believe that u send the wrong message when u reward insubordination and punish folks for speaking the truth.

The way the season ended,the wrong guy got fired because he was the only coach who showed the guts to act when action was needed.Rex is running an insane assylum and it can't/won't end well.

Unless he changes.[/QUOTE]

Rex seems a little hard headed but I actually do have a lot of faith in him learning and growing as a coach and making the necessary changes. First step I think is accountability. Not everyone's the best player at their position call players out once in a while.

Why is it that some fans equate successful teams by how much they spend?

Good teams have a plan and spend little on others castoffs.

[QUOTE=LockeJET;4402300]Would you feel better if we let Brick, Mangold, Revis, or Harris walk last year so we could be players in FA this year?

We made Brick, Mangold, Revis and Harris some of the highest paid players at their respective positions last year. We even gave big money to Cro and Holmes.

The last 3 years we were big players in free agency. You can't be that every year. Sometimes you have to let things settle and peice together a few cheaper, low risk high reward type signings. And we also have a full slate of picks in the draft to help us as well. We have a talented roster overall. Our coming season is about ourr franchise QB taking a step foward. If Mark doesnt improve it wouldnt matter who we signed honestly. There is enough talent on this team right now for top QBs to win with.[/QUOTE]

Yep..It's not difficult to understand (heck Tanny has been saying this since Jan) but many people still don't get it.

And someone else will start a thread tomorrow about this subject.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://gallery.fanserviceftw.com/_images/4c544684678963922fb305054fa8a1d3/9678%20-%20animated_gif%20doctor_who%20rain%20sadness%20tagme%20tenth.gif[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    do you know where the Lone Ranger took his trash?

To the dump, dee dee dump, dump, dump, dump....

Hall Of Fame
    Hold that thought.

I see what you are getting at but it is slightly pre-mature.

Lets see how this team goes into camp and comes out of the gates. Lets see how Rex acts and lets see how the final roster shapes up.

There is an opportunity to have a monster draft and that will cure some ills.

Also can't kill them for not having a lot of cap room b.c they signed the core 4. Did they overpay a little, yes. But outside of Revis all the negotiations were painless. The Cro signing looks better by the day. The Pace and Scott contracts will likely be off the books for 2013. And I think Holmes will bounce back.

Don't expect them to sign any big FA next year either b.c they are going to try to save money for Revis.

As long as they start drafting well again the team will be fine. If they draft poorly then they will be phucked. As a general rule, we shouldn't want them to dip into FA alot b.c they cannot sustain that behavior over a long period of time. The only way to sustain success is through the draft. Add a FA piece here and there to fill a hole. Can't build a team through FA.

Hungover or not...this is just another example of a good segment of Jets fans having that Yankees mentality. Unless we spend a sh*t ton and have Pro Bowlers at every position, they'll never be happy.

That said, I really don't see the big deal here. Granted the Pats had TB at quarterback, but didn't they have friekin Matt Slater playing safety? I think people are really stressing out about the position when it's not THAT big of a deal.

We still have awesome CBs and a deep D-Line. Throw a pass-rusher in there and another thumper at ILB (Tank Carder) and you can cover up the deficiencies at S for one year.