Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Begining of the End?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4402281]Why? Because they havent signed any big name FAs to big contracts?[/QUOTE]

No, because the moves they made so far make little sense.
    There doesnt seem to be a plan to become more athletic, younger and faster on defense. Something we desperately need.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTJets69;4402321]Hungover or not...this is just another example of a good segment of Jets fans having that Yankees mentality. Unless we spend a sh*t ton and have Pro Bowlers at every position, they'll never be happy.
    [/QUOTE]It makes it funnier because Yankees fans are spoiled and entitled. Jets fans have absolutely no reason to be either of those things.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone else here NOT want Reggie Nelson?

You do realize that none of the coaches listed in the OP accomplished anything near what Rex has?

Oh, yes, and they all have losing career records.

Sanchez has more playoff victories than all the QBs that played for those guys combined. Hell, he has more playoff victories than Vinny, Chad, Ken Obrien, combined. I don't care if it's Sanchez (which it's not) or Rex (which it is), but those are the facts.

Stop being a spoiled Jets fan because 2009 and 2010, and support the team for 30 seconds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :eek:

It's getting damn near that time for some Jets fans

[IMG]http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1009/beyond-epic-facepalm-facepalm-stupid-fail-dumb-death-demotivational-poster-1284049056.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4402322]No, because the moves they made so far make little sense.
    There doesnt seem to be a plan to become more athletic, younger and faster on defense. Something we desperately need.[/QUOTE]

Who? Please name them

And you do realize the NFL has a salary cap? And you just can't sign whomever you want

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=joe810;4402294]are you serious comming off 8-8 and where are comparing this group with the lowest of the lows in jets history. i dont know if anybody is paying attention but under tanny the jets have had the greatest sucess in the treams history. i know no superbowl big deal how about winning football games at the best rate ever. Rex the best winning percentage of any coach ever here-Mark the best winning percentage of any qb ever her. how about we wait till the actually have a loosing season to start even a thinking we need changes. 30 years of season tickets and this is by far the best run we have ever had it feels like there have been decades of no playoffs and no winning seasons. Even with all the flaws last years team had they still won 8 games and they had the giants down and out and manning threw into double coverage that ball should have been pick six for us wilson was slow to get there and manning made a better throw than frave did when we ended that minny game. Same D called far different outcomes. Stay the course and your faith rewarded[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you forgot the 1988-89 season when we finished 8-7-1 two years removed from consecutive playoff years. You know, when Walton said "the best is yet to come". This was followed by a near decade of absolute darkness.

I get the same feeling

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4402322]No, because the moves they made so far make little sense.
    There doesnt seem to be a plan to become more athletic, younger and faster on defense. Something we desperately need.[/QUOTE]

FA is 5 days old, there is the entire off-season and draft left...

Please log off, and check back in July

Thanks

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4402327]Who? Please name them

And you do realize the NFL has a salary cap? And you just can't sign whomever you want[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000,000,000,SEZ,ERT,$^#,000

People here want to sign players for the sake of signing them.

You do realize Reggie Nelson can't tackle. Ah, yes, that makes a great combination with Cromartie, playing against players the likes of Gronkowski, Hernandez, Stevie Johnson, etc.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

So what move did you want them to make to get younger and faster on defense? They tried to get Nelson, he took more money and stayed with Cinci. You can not cut Scott or Pace right now. They have limited available cap space , so I dont see the need to spend it the first few days of free agency just for the hell of it. Guys will be getting released after the draft, guys will be released as teams sign other free agents, there is no rush right now to just sign guys because of desperation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4402331]+1,000,000,000,000,SEZ,ERT,$^#,000

People here want to sign players for the sake of signing them.

You do realize Reggie Nelson can't tackle. Ah, yes, that makes a great combination with Cromartie, playing against players the likes of Gronkowski, Hernandez, Stevie Johnson, etc.....[/QUOTE]

And these same people would be screaming if the Jets didn't resign Mangold, D'Brick, Harris, Holmes etc and then had $40M of cap space.

Clueless people on this site..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4402328]Perhaps you forgot the 1988-89 season when we finished 8-7-1 two years removed from consecutive playoff years. You know, when Walton said "the best is yet to come". This was followed by a near decade of absolute darkness.

I get the same feeling[/QUOTE]

i just dont have that feeling . its important to not look at this like its fantasy or madden football. since the pats have turned brady loose he hasnt won in the playoffs they won the SB with running and good D not much has changed if you want to count on the qb carring the team you will be up and down like the giants and pakers. one bad game one good the playoffs are hard to win with any QB Faith please my friends

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    This site was so much better when there weren't any bandwagon fans and the new generation of dumbasses that the Rex era has brought.

The bitter, yet sensible, people that made this site a hub of great info has now devolved into pissing matches between Jets and Pats fans, hyperbolic reactions to signings and very little understanding to how the NFL works.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rex...but like the Pats fans and their annoying poser fans that came out of the woodwork post 2001, we're experiencing the same phenomenon.

The only problem is, we haven't won anything and they're screaming just as loud.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rex and Tanny era reminds you of the Kotite era??

really???

the stupidity is getting out of hand......

and all because people can't seem to grasp the concept of a freaking [SIZE="5"]SALARY CAP[/SIZE] :steamin::steamin::steamin::steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that they have dumped Mulligan and are seriously looking at safeties gives me hope they learned a few lessons from last year. Keeping Hunter is big trouble but at least they seem to have acknowledged some weak spots. I'll wait until camp opens to feel optimistic or not but this team is much worse than people feel they are. The 8-8 record last year totally flattered the team, they played like a 5-6 win team overall.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4402290]Funny..... I think Kenny is an OK poster BUT this must be a St pattys day hangover response. I give him a pass.

I think his point is...we appear a bit out of the mainstream lately.[/QUOTE]

negative - his way out football posts are exceeded only by his way out political posts. :alien:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4402303]You WOULD know about "hangovers". :rolleyes:

But really...who cares if we're "a bit out of the mainstream lately"? It's the offseason.

Things will pick up when TC starts. Now people are going to be more focused on the NHL playoffs and Baseball Season. It's how things are.[/QUOTE]

Im gonna cry to mommy now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... I think some of you people cling so much to the SOJF mentality that you try to crowbar it onto this team that just finished with an average record... And is coming off of 2 championship games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4402275]I hate to be negative so soon. I know we still have the draft and alot of football ahead but i get an uneasy feeling that this will be the end of Tanny/Rex and Woody will be reaching out to Bill Cowher by November to coach and run this team ala Parcells in1996/1997.

There seems to be a lack o direction with this team that hasnt been felt since.... Walton/Coslet/Kotite.[/QUOTE]

Do you guys remember when I used to be one of THE most pessimistic posters at JI.

Yeah, me too. Amazing how things change.

Sorry you're feeling so negative about our Jets Ken. I'd say you're jumping the gun some, overreacting some, and generally just buying in to the usual SOJF-the-sky-if-falling maliase tbh.

Nothing has happened that I can see that has made the Jets materially worse than the last three years. I don't see anything as yet that makes our division rivals materially better than the last three years (I don't fear Mario and the Bills anymore than the Bills previously).

We had a horrible, down, bad-bounces and INT's everywhere mess of a season last year.....and finished 8-8 and one bounce here or there from 9-7 and a third strait playoff birth.

In my view, there is too much hysterial hand-wringing over this Jets team tbh. Is it possible your outcome could come true, sure, it is for every team every year. Is it likely the Jets will can their GM and HC after 2 AFCCG, and 8-8 and the yet-unknown 2012 Campaign?

No. It just isn't.

Relax, stop reading the hysteria-fueling, hysteria-mongering NY Media, and relax. Let the offseason play out. See how the draft goes. What other Free Agents we get, what shakes loose post-draft, etc, etc, etc.

There is as yet a LOT of offseason left to go, we hvae a solid team full of many young talents, who (in many ways a good thing) got some of their moxie spanked last year, and should come out hungry to prove that 8-8 was the aberation.

I assure you, 2012 will not be determined by if we get LaRon Landry or not in March.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets will finish 3rd in the division behind the Pats and Bills. They will finish either 7-9 or 8-8.

So the question is, with this type of season, do these guys survive?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4402374]Do you guys remember when I used to be one of THE most pessimistic posters at JI.

Yeah, me too. Amazing how things change.

Sorry you're feeling so negative about our Jets Ken. I'd say you're jumping the gun some, overreacting some, and generally just buying in to the usual SOJF-the-sky-if-falling maliase tbh.

Nothing has happened that I can see that has made the Jets materially worse than the last three years. I don't see anything as yet that makes our division rivals materially better than the last three years (I don't fear Mario and the Bills anymore than the Bills previously).

We had a horrible, down, bad-bounces and INT's everywhere mess of a season last year.....and finished 8-8 and one bounce here or there from 9-7 and a third strait playoff birth.

In my view, there is too much hysterial hand-wringing over this Jets team tbh. Is it possible your outcome could come true, sure, it is for every team every year. Is it likely the Jets will can their GM and HC after 2 AFCCG, and 8-8 and the yet-unknown 2012 Campaign?

No. It just isn't.

Relax, stop reading the hysteria-fueling, hysteria-mongering NY Media, and relax. Let the offseason play out. See how the draft goes. What other Free Agents we get, what shakes loose post-draft, etc, etc, etc.

There is as yet a LOT of offseason left to go, we hvae a solid team full of many young talents, who (in many ways a good thing) got some of their moxie spanked last year, and should come out hungry to prove that 8-8 was the aberation.

I assure you, 2012 will not be determined by if we get LaRon Landry or not in March.[/QUOTE]

AGREED. Well written reply and you said it like it is!

It's only March and guys are competing for the title of CHIEF of DOOM and GLOOM

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wmucbn[/url]