Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Begining of the End?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    a post that compares the Rex/Tanny/Sanchez three seasons with anything from the Coslet/Carroll/Steinberg/Kotite et al "errors" of Jet history deserves only one response

NO COMMENT

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nut sack.

Go buy one.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4402374]Do you guys remember when I used to be one of THE most pessimistic posters at JI.

Yeah, me too. Amazing how things change.

Sorry you're feeling so negative about our Jets Ken. I'd say you're jumping the gun some, overreacting some, and generally just buying in to the usual SOJF-the-sky-if-falling maliase tbh.

Nothing has happened that I can see that has made the Jets materially worse than the last three years. I don't see anything as yet that makes our division rivals materially better than the last three years (I don't fear Mario and the Bills anymore than the Bills previously).

We had a horrible, down, bad-bounces and INT's everywhere mess of a season last year.....and finished 8-8 and one bounce here or there from 9-7 and a third strait playoff birth.

In my view, there is too much hysterial hand-wringing over this Jets team tbh. Is it possible your outcome could come true, sure, it is for every team every year. Is it likely the Jets will can their GM and HC after 2 AFCCG, and 8-8 and the yet-unknown 2012 Campaign?

No. It just isn't.

Relax, stop reading the hysteria-fueling, hysteria-mongering NY Media, and relax. Let the offseason play out. See how the draft goes. What other Free Agents we get, what shakes loose post-draft, etc, etc, etc.

There is as yet a LOT of offseason left to go, we hvae a solid team full of many young talents, who (in many ways a good thing) got some of their moxie spanked last year, and should come out hungry to prove that 8-8 was the aberation.

I assure you, 2012 will not be determined by if we get LaRon Landry or not in March.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CTJets69;4402343]This site was so much better when there weren't any bandwagon fans and the new generation of dumbasses that the Rex era has brought.

The bitter, yet sensible, people that made this site a hub of great info has now devolved into pissing matches between Jets and Pats fans, hyperbolic reactions to signings and very little understanding to how the NFL works.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rex...but like the Pats fans and their annoying poser fans that came out of the woodwork post 2001, we're experiencing the same phenomenon.

The only problem is, we haven't won anything and they're screaming just as loud.[/QUOTE]

+1

Internet points for all!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTJets69;4402343]This site was so much better when there weren't any bandwagon fans and the new generation of dumbasses that the Rex era has brought.

The bitter, yet sensible, people that made this site a hub of great info has now devolved into pissing matches between Jets and Pats fans, hyperbolic reactions to signings and very little understanding to how the NFL works.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rex...but like the Pats fans and their annoying poser fans that came out of the woodwork post 2001, we're experiencing the same phenomenon.

The only problem is, we haven't won anything and they're screaming just as loud.[/QUOTE]

It's all about newbs trying to make their mark and earn internet street cred, lol. Unfortunately as the site has grown so has the membership and with it egos struggling to be heard. The old days were different here, I agree, however the blowhards are easily ignored, if people didn't quote them, bump their threads, and report them to mods (:D).

What people need to realize is they don't have to post every thought, and they certainly don't have to start new threads with every thought because there is a pretty good chance there is someone else already saying the same thing.

...to the OP, this is not just directed at you, I just figured this was as good a thread as any to post this, way too many complaining threads this weekend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4402512]edit[/QUOTE]

Thats a pretty stupid, offensive statement.
    Last edited by jetswin; 03-19-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: I agree, it was offensive

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOT TEH BEGINNIN OV TEH END, BUT TEH END OV TEH BEGINNIN. WE JUS NED 2 BE PATIENT AN LET DIS ALL PULAY OUT, ROME WUZ NOT BUILT IN DAI

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    .NAW YUB OG

.KCAS TUN

!IAD NI TLIUB TON ZUW EMOR

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4402281]Why? Because they havent signed any big name FAs to big contracts?[/QUOTE]

Of course.

Whats the matter with that logic?

If we don't see players that we're willing to over pay for, we're like a rudderless ship.

People need to see something, now, otherwise they come to this goofy conclusion. :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    happens every offseason when fans try and apply Steinbrennerism to the NFL where there is a salary cap

MAKA RUN ATA SUPERSTAR AT EVERY POSITION, REGARDLESS OF COSTS, JETS --- WHATS MATTA WITH YOU TANNY???

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4402286]Unreal. This regime reminds you of the Walton/Coslet/Kotite days???[/QUOTE]

Yes, because in Rex's three years he's never had a losing season and has been to 2 AFC Championship Games. Weren't things the same way when Coslet was winning Super Bowls and the Vince Kotite Trophy every year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4402796]Yes, because in Rex's three years he's never had a losing season and has been to 2 AFC Championship Games. Weren't things the same way when Coslet was winning Super Bowls and the Vince Kotite Trophy every year?[/QUOTE]

Some posters are young and don't remember the "Dark Days". Heres a quick reminder to all the younglings....look up the the Rams and the Colts of this past year.........that's how it was like. Still wanna compare eras?? Thought so..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not going to read any posts because I know 90% of them will trash your moronic thinking. If you didnt mean to be negative than you should have just not bothered with this moronic post! You call yourself a Jet fan? You know very little about football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say regarding this thread is, wow!!!! :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4402324]Did anyone else here NOT want Reggie Nelson?

You do realize that none of the coaches listed in the OP accomplished anything near what Rex has?

Oh, yes, and they all have losing career records.

Sanchez has more playoff victories than all the QBs that played for those guys combined. Hell, he has more playoff victories than Vinny, Chad, Ken Obrien, combined. I don't care if it's Sanchez (which it's not) or Rex (which it is), but those are the facts.

Stop being a spoiled Jets fan because 2009 and 2010, and support the team for 30 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm this 100%....

And all I can say is the Kotite years... Here's a clue the Herm Edwards Era wasn't the KOTITE YEARS!!!!

Unreal & Good Grief:eek:
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 03-19-2012 at 08:19 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4402478]It's all about newbs trying to make their mark and earn internet street cred, lol. Unfortunately as the site has grown so has the membership and with it egos struggling to be heard. The old days were different here, I agree, however the blowhards are easily ignored, if people didn't quote them, bump their threads, and report them to mods (:D).

What people need to realize is they don't have to post every thought, and they certainly don't have to start new threads with every thought because there is a pretty good chance there is someone else already saying the same thing.

...to the OP, this is not just directed at you, I just figured this was as good a thread as any to post this, way too many complaining threads this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Ive been a Jet Fan since 1981. Not as long as some other posters but certainly not a "newbie".

That being said, my concerns are sincere.
    Lets put it this way:

- if not for the championship games, Rex would have been fired this year by any legit GM not only for losing the team but admitting publicly that he did and admitting he had no clue what was hapening on offense.
    - now lets look at the 2 prior seasons, yes we made the AFC CG both years, but we were pretty damn lucky. We got lucky with Indy benching Manning and the next year we got lucky in coming back against weak teams.
    - this regime keeps signing guys who are "jewels in the rough" and need to be coached up but fail to coach them up. Thats because the coaching staff does not have good teachers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4403539]Ive been a Jet Fan since 1981. Not as long as some other posters but certainly not a "newbie".

Lets put it this way:

- if not for the championship games, Rex would have been fired this year by any legit GM not only for losing the team but admitting publicly that he did and admitting he had no clue what was hapening on offense.
    - now lets look at the 2 prior seasons, yes we made the AFC CG both years, but we were pretty damn lucky. We got lucky with Indy benching Manning and the next year we got lucky in coming back against weak teams.
    - this regime keeps signing guys who are "jewels in the rough" and need to be coached up but fail to coach them up. Thats because the coaching staff does not have good teachers.[/QUOTE]

To fire a coach with a winning record without a losing season is illogical.

We did not get lucky in the second year. We won 11 games. You are not lucky by coming back against weak teams. THAT"S WHY THEY'RE WEAK TEAMS. BECAUSE THEY ALLOW TEAMS TO COME BACK!

What utter nonsense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4403539]Ive been a Jet Fan since 1981. Not as long as some other posters but certainly not a "newbie".

Lets put it this way:

- this regime keeps signing guys who are "jewels in the rough" and need to be coached up but fail to coach them up. Thats because the coaching staff does not have good teachers.[/QUOTE]

He would have gotten fired for making the playoffs in his first 2 seasons with a young QB, followed by an 8-8 season? Because things fell apart at the end of a bad season?

I don't think many GMs would have done that, and I'm quite confident that another team would have been more than happy to take him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol just stop it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets put it this way:

[img]http://0.tqn.com/d/movies/1/0/X/C/Q/nocountryforoldmenpic8.jpg[/img]