Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Florida....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4404310]The more info that comes out, the more it looks like a crazed over-aggressive Neighborhood Watch guy who made too many assumptions, acted like he was the only Cop on earth (when he's not a cop) and "defended" himself by aggressively accosting and then kill an innocent kid walking home.

If it plays out that this is the case, the shooter deserves the Death Penalty IMO, poste haste.

With that said, the various left-wing talkers turning this into a modern-day racism-is-everywhere all-whites-are-racist KKK lynching for political gain.....ghastly.

Apart from some basic sterotyping (hoodie-dressed black youth seemed out of place at night in that locale), [B]I'm not seeing real racism here as much as massive uncalled for overreaction and aggressiveness. [/B] Personally, I think if the youth was white or hispanic, and acting and dressed the same way, the outcome may have been the same. Guy seems like a zealot.

In any event, fully expect to see as much political hay made of this as is possible by the usual suspects. Ironic, that they'll use the same exact sterotypes (All gun owning whites are racists ready to kill the black man) as the killer used to judge his victim.[/QUOTE]

The real reaction was not to the shooting so much as to the police response (or lack thereof), which was entirely ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4417594]The real reaction was not to the shooting so much as to the police response (or lack thereof), which was entirely ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

The parents of this kid seem pretty reasonable in their request.

they want the shooter to stand trial. Whether the evidence says he should, who knows BUT it would seem to me that the "REAL" police bungled this from the get go.

Hinges on whether/how he confonted this kid. In the dark, a neighborhood that has had breakins and this kid is there why? Not sure that the shooter, simply asking who and why is unreasonable. What happened next? Who knows.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4417618]The parents of this kid seem pretty reasonable in their request.

they want the shooter to stand trial. Whether the evidence says he should, who knows BUT it would seem to me that the "REAL" police bungled this from the get go.

Hinges on whether/how he confonted this kid. In the dark, a neighborhood that has had breakins and this kid is there why? Not sure that the shooter, simply asking who and why is unreasonable. What happened next? Who knows.[/QUOTE]

well it seems now that the police did their job. no bungling at all. they came to the scene, zimmerman was wounded and said the kid was trying to kill him so he shot. the witness said that zimmerman was under the kid taking a beating.

end of story. self defense. we all owe an apology to the sanford PD

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and for someone who asked what the kid was doing in sanford late on a school night.........

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — An unarmed Florida teenager fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer was suspended from school because traces of marijuana were found in his book bag, a spokesman for the teen's family said Monday.

Trayvon Martin, 17, was suspended by Miami-Dade County schools after the residue was discovered in a plastic baggie in the book bag, spokesman Ryan Julison said. Martin was shot Feb. 26 by George Zimmerman while he was suspended from school and visiting this central Florida town with his father.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not that simple. Zimmerman created the entire situation, just because he underestimated Martin doesn't mean he gets to shoot him. You're leaving out what may or may not lead to the fight and because Zimmerman was losing the fight doesn't give him the right to kill.

Why did Zimmerman exit his vehicle?

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4417665]well it seems now that the police did their job. no bungling at all. they came to the scene, zimmerman was wounded and said the kid was trying to kill him so he shot. the witness said that zimmerman was under the kid taking a beating.

end of story. self defense. we all owe an apology to the sanford PD[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4417669]and for someone who asked what the kid was doing in sanford late on a school night.........

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — An unarmed Florida teenager fatally shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer was suspended from school because traces of marijuana were found in his book bag, [B][COLOR="DarkRed"]a spokesman for the teen's family said Monday.
    [/COLOR][/B]
    Trayvon Martin, 17, was suspended by Miami-Dade County schools after the residue was discovered in a plastic baggie in the book bag, spokesman Ryan Julison said. Martin was shot Feb. 26 by George Zimmerman while he was suspended from school and visiting this central Florida town with his father.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

You know damn well it was more than that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4417618]The parents of this kid seem pretty reasonable in their request.

Hinges on whether/how he confonted this kid. In the dark, a neighborhood that has had breakins and this kid is there why? Not sure that the shooter, simply asking who and why is unreasonable. What happened next? Who knows.[/QUOTE]

While I'm sickened by the picture of america's race baiters rushing to Florida like sharks to heavily chummed waters, I am confounded by the Police decision in this case. Yes there is a no retreat self defense law, but as in any case, it is a defense you would present in your criminal case. Why the police just didn't charge him and then either let him take his chance at trial with his defense theory or plead out to involuntary manslaughter (likely with no jail time if he had no prior record) is a complete mystery to me.

This poor SOB will never be able to get a fair trial now, AND his life is in danger. I find it tragically ironic that many of the same people who want him to be charged with a hate crime because they believe he said "coon", fan the flames of racial hatred with such great zeal. Where is the voice of reason in this tragedy? And why aren't Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakahn, et. al. concerned about black on black crime? Frankly, there time would be better spent on the streets of L.A., Chicago, and Detroit convincing young black men to stop killing each other.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    These idiots can't even exploit things right. A T-Shirt?! Man, sell Hoodies! :rotfl:

[url]http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/trayvon-martin/cracker-tshirt-759832[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think Eric Holder will prosecute for this?

[B][SIZE="3"]The new Black Panther Party offered a bounty of $10,000
    Saturday for the “capture” of a Florida neighborhood watch captain[/SIZE][/B]

Read more: [url]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/black-panther-rage-10g-capture-trayvon-killer-article-1.1050370#ixzz1qFSo8IeZ[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4417594]The real reaction was not to the shooting so much as to the police response (or lack thereof), which was entirely ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

We'll see. As more comes to light, it's heading back towards self-defense again.

A lesson on prejudging things like this.

Let the system figure it out. Following the media horribad coverage and selective decisions on what and how to report can only lead to being partially or mis-informed, and thats no place to be passing judgement from.

We trusted the system with OJ, we can trust the system with this too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4417683]It's not that simple. Zimmerman created the entire situation, just because he underestimated Martin doesn't mean he gets to shoot him. You're leaving out what may or may not lead to the fight and because Zimmerman was losing the fight doesn't give him the right to kill.

Why did Zimmerman exit his vehicle?[/QUOTE]

you are wrong on 2 counts:

1. he DID absolutely have the right to kill if he were losing a fight. thats the entire point of the law. you dont have to take a beating. if you can reasonably say that you feared serious bodily injury (listen to the 911 screams) or death, you can kill. its open and shut. there is no debate

AND

2. this is where everyone is getting confused. listen closely because you guys need to hear the difference. IF zimmerman had exposed his gun early and the kid ran away.....and then he [I][B]went looking for him[/B][/I] or if they had a first altercation and the kid fled and zimmerman pursued him, THEN zimmerman wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

the difference in this case is zimmerman did NOTHING wrong, nothing Illegal at all (enough with the 911 requests to stay away). In fact the early stuff means nothing. [B][I]This case begins at the moment[/I][/B] zimmerman sees tray, gets out of his car and asks him what hes doing/where he lives. how should it have ended? tray tells him hes visiting his dad and its over OR tray says F U and walks away and its over. The second tray charges, at that moment is when the meter starts running. if nobody can prove that zimmerman made the INITIAL physical contact, then zimmerman was attacked and he had the right to fire. it has NOTHING to do with zimmerman following or "stalking" tray. It is legal to follow someone you are suspicious of.

Its not like they had fistfight # 1 by the gate....and it brokeup. ....and then zimmerman followed him again to get another crack at him and fistfight #2broke out. that would make a huge difference. but it didnt happen that way

get it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4417700] Yes there is a no retreat self defense law, but as in any case, it is a defense you would present in your criminal case. Why the police just didn't charge him and then either let him take his chance at trial with his defense theory or plead out to involuntary manslaughter (likely with no jail time if he had no prior record) is a complete mystery to me.
    .[/QUOTE]

lol charge him for what? there was NO CRIME! so you just think he should be charged and stand a long expensive trial....just for the hell of it?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4417752]

A lesson on prejudging things like this.[/QUOTE]

There's an understatement.

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4417781][B][I]This case begins at the moment[/I][/B] zimmerman sees tray, gets out of his car and asks him what hes doing/where he lives. how should it have ended? tray tells him hes visiting his dad and its over OR tray says F U and walks away and its over. The second tray charges, at that moment is when the meter starts running. if nobody can prove that zimmerman made the INITIAL physical contact, then zimmerman was attacked and he had the right to fire. [/QUOTE]

You nailed it. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently Santonio Holmes and Ray Lewis are going to be at one of the rally's tonight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4417804]Apparently Santonio Holmes and Ray Lewis are going to be at one of the rally's tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet the people of the towns they're leaving from are sorry to see the trash go cough, cough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you say Tawana Brawley?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4417804]Apparently Santonio Holmes and Ray Lewis are going to be at one of the rally's tonight.[/QUOTE]

Is that true?

Ray Lewis? He doesn't see the irony in going to a rally against a guy [I]not[/I] charged with murder?

Santonio Holmes? Maybe Zimmerman can help our salary cap and locker room issues with one "stone".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4417817]Is that true?

Ray Lewis? He doesn't see the irony in going to a rally against a guy [I]not[/I] charged with murder?

Santonio Holmes? Maybe Zimmerman can help our salary cap and locker room issues with one "stone".[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-03-26/trayvon-martin-teen-shot-florida-rally/53784632/1[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This case started the minute Martin knows he is being followed by a stranger. He makes a phone call and stated he is trying to get away. The state can make the argument Martin was in fear of his life.

[QUOTE=dickkotite;4417781]you are wrong on 2 counts:

1. he DID absolutely have the right to kill if he were losing a fight. thats the entire point of the law. you dont have to take a beating. if you can reasonably say that you feared serious bodily injury (listen to the 911 screams) or death, you can kill. its open and shut. there is no debate

AND

2. this is where everyone is getting confused. listen closely because you guys need to hear the difference. IF zimmerman had exposed his gun early and the kid ran away.....and then he [I][B]went looking for him[/B][/I] or if they had a first altercation and the kid fled and zimmerman pursued him, THEN zimmerman wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

the difference in this case is zimmerman did NOTHING wrong, nothing Illegal at all (enough with the 911 requests to stay away). In fact the early stuff means nothing. [B][I]This case begins at the moment[/I][/B] zimmerman sees tray, gets out of his car and asks him what hes doing/where he lives. how should it have ended? tray tells him hes visiting his dad and its over OR tray says F U and walks away and its over. The second tray charges, at that moment is when the meter starts running. if nobody can prove that zimmerman made the INITIAL physical contact, then zimmerman was attacked and he had the right to fire. it has NOTHING to do with zimmerman following or "stalking" tray. It is legal to follow someone you are suspicious of.

Its not like they had fistfight # 1 by the gate....and it brokeup. ....and then zimmerman followed him again to get another crack at him and fistfight #2broke out. that would make a huge difference. but it didnt happen that way

get it?[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4417855]This case started the minute Martin knows he is being followed by a stranger. He makes a phone call and stated he is trying to get away. The state can make the argument Martin was in fear of his life.[/QUOTE]

The pot was just making him paranoid.