Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Florida....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, what I've learned from this is, if I'm on private property, and the neighborhood watch/security person wants to talk to me, I'm not going to give him an attitude, walk away, and then if he pursues me because my behavoir is suspicious, I'm not going to cold cock him and then when he hits the ground grab his head and use it for a basketball--- because he might have a gun, and he might shoot me with it.

[url]http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/trayvon-martin-trademarks-769123[/url]

You gotta be kidding me. :rotfl:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4417787]lol charge him for what? there was NO CRIME! so you just think he should be charged and stand a long expensive trial....just for the hell of it?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure no one at this point knows if there is a crime so how can you just close the investigation and say there will be no charges. From the evidence "For" Zimmerman it appears that he "pursued" the kid to help the police and the kid when confronted by Zimmerman (why the hell is this guy after me) responded with violence and a fight started which resulted in Zimmerman shooting the kid.

Here is the Florida statute. I've highlighted the applicable section. My questions:

1) If the kid killed Zimmerman in the fight would he have been charged with a crime?

2) Did Zimmerman have a right to be on someone's private property?

3) Should Zimmerman not be protected by the law under 2(c) because chasing the kid (after being instructed by 911 not to) was an unlawful activity?

4) Did Zimmerman reasonably believe it was necessary to use deadly force to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself as required by the statute? (in most any jurisdiction this is a question for a jury to determine)

BTW, I think the truthful answer to #1 is the underlying reason for outrage in the black community.

[QUOTE]776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—
    (1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
    (a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
    (b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
    (2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if:
    (a) The person against whom the defensive force is used has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder, and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person; or
    (b) The person or persons sought to be removed is a child or grandchild, or is otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force is used; or
    (c) The person who uses defensive force is engaged in an unlawful activity or is using the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle to further an unlawful activity; or
    (d) The person against whom the defensive force is used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who enters or attempts to enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person entering or attempting to enter was a law enforcement officer.
    [B](3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.[/B]
    (4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.
    (5) As used in this section, the term:
    (a) “Dwelling” means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night.
    (b) “Residence” means a dwelling in which a person resides either temporarily or permanently or is visiting as an invited guest.
    (c) “Vehicle” means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a shame that people who recognize the real problem are for
    the most part ignored.

[QUOTE]
    [SIZE="3"]Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton and Jackson of ‘exploiting’ Trayvon Martin[/SIZE]
    Published: 2:17 PM 03/26/2012

Former NAACP leader C.L. Bryant is accusing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton of “exploiting” the Trayvon Martin tragedy to “racially divide this country.”

“His family should be outraged at the fact that they’re using this child as the bait to inflame racial passions,” Rev. C.L. Bryant said in a Monday interview with The Daily Caller.

The conservative black pastor who was once the chapter president of the Garland, Texas NAACP called Jackson and Sharpton “race hustlers” and said they are “acting as though they are buzzards circling the carcass of this young boy.”

Jackson, for example, recently said Martin’s death shows how “blacks are under attack” and “targeting, arresting, convicting blacks and ultimately killing us is big business.”

George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain, killed Martin, a 17-year-old black man who was unarmed at the time of his death, last month. Zimmerman has claimed to have shot Martin in self-defense and has not been charged with a crime.

But Bryant, who explores the topic of black-on-black crime in his new film “Runaway Slave,” said people like Jackson and Sharpton are being misleading to suggest there is an epidemic of “white men killing black young men.”

“The epidemic is truly black on black crime,” Bryant said. “The greatest danger to the lives of young black men are young black men.”

Bryant said he wishes civil rights leaders were protesting those problems.

“Why not be angry about the wholesale murder that goes on in the streets of Newark and Chicago?” he asked. “Why isn’t somebody angry about that six-year-old girl who was killed on her steps last weekend in a cross fire when two gang members in Chicago start shooting at each other? Why is there no outrage about that?”

Bryant said he worries that “people like Sharpton and those on the left” will make Martin’s death a campaign issue in the presidential race.

He speculated that they will “turn this evolving tragedy of this young man into fodder to say… if you don’t re-elect Obama then you will have unbridled events or circumstances like this happening in the streets to young men wearing hoodies.”

He also criticized President Obama for his “nebulous statement” responding to Martin’s death that “if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.”

“What does that mean?” Bryant asked. “What was the purpose in that?”[/QUOTE]

Read more: [url]http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/former-naacp-leader-accuses-sharpton-and-jackson-of-exploiting-trayvon-martin/#ixzz1qFr8T2R2[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4417872]The pot was just making him paranoid.[/QUOTE]

Lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4417992]It's a shame that people who recognize the real problem are for
    the most part ignored.

Read more: [url]http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/former-naacp-leader-accuses-sharpton-and-jackson-of-exploiting-trayvon-martin/#ixzz1qFr8T2R2[/url][/QUOTE]

Liberals REFUSE to put the blame where it belongs, No father figure, except when the the check comes in, NO and I mean NO participation in any school activity that is related to the education portion, going to protest rally's that provide free food and soda aside.
    No discipline, every other word out of 6-7 year old mouths start with mother and end with f. A complete sense of entitlement that starts from 3 til 18 then it's give me or I'll kill you. Animals in the music industry selling violence and raw sex.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guidelines for citizen watch groups specifically say if they see suspicious activity they are to ALERT the police.

This moron never should have gotten out of his car.

Once he approached this kid he escalated a simple situation. If I was the kid and I saw a dude coming at me with a gun I don't know what I would have done.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4418166]Guidelines for citizen watch groups specifically say if they see suspicious activity they are to ALERT the police.

This moron never should have gotten out of his car.

Once he approached this kid he escalated a simple situation. If I was the kid and I saw a dude coming at me with a gun I[COLOR="Red"] don't know what I would have done[/COLOR].[/QUOTE]

You would have dropped a load in your 48xxxl britches.
    p.s. He did NOT come out with a gun, he took the gun out AFTER the THUG bashed him from BEHIND.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4418188]You would have dropped a load in your 48xxxl britches.
    p.s. He did NOT come out with a gun, he took the gun out AFTER the THUG bashed him from BEHIND.[/QUOTE]

He never should have left his vehicle per citizen watch group guidelines.

The man is an idiot.

Report it and leave it to the cops. Thats the protocol. He is not an officer of the law. He has NO right to question this kid. Its not even his property.

Mr. "wantstobeacop" deserves everything coming his way.
    Last edited by FF2®; 03-26-2012 at 05:48 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4418201]He never should have left his vehicle per citizen watch group guidelines.

The man is an idiot.

Report it and leave it to the cops. Thats the protocol. He is not an officer of the law. He has NO right to question this kid. Its not even his property.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't the THUG who was suspended from school just tell him why he was in the HOOOD in the first place? BTW he fit the profile of someone or someone's who have robbed several houses in that HOOOD.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4418201]He never should have left his vehicle per citizen watch group guidelines.

The man is an idiot.

Report it and leave it to the cops. Thats the protocol. He is not an officer of the law. He has NO right to question this kid. Its not even his property.

Mr. "wantstobeacop" [COLOR="Red"]deserves everything coming his way.[[/COLOR]/QUOTE]

Dismissal!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4418208]Why didn't the THUG who was suspended from school just tell him why he was in the HOOOD in the first place? BTW he fit the profile of someone or someone's who have robbed several houses in that HOOOD.[/QUOTE]

Because this kid has NO obligation to tell this stranger ANYTHING. He doesn't have to tell this guy a thing. He can walk where he wants. He is a FREE man. This stranger has NO RIGHT to demand ANYTHING from this kid.

The profile? Black? FINE. Call the cops and let them handle it. Do not even exit your vehicle. YOU ARE NOT A COP. You are not trained to handle this situation, as proven my the result.

Enjoy your stay in jail. You're going to make lots of nice close friends there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dickkotite;4417665]well it seems now that the police did their job. no bungling at all. they came to the scene, zimmerman was wounded and said the kid was trying to kill him so he shot. the witness said that zimmerman was under the kid taking a beating.

end of story. self defense. we all owe an apology to the sanford PD[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's so open and shut that it's become a national story. Let's say that I know many people with legal backgrounds that do not agree with your assessment and the open and shut nature you seem to imply this case has.

The police bungled the investigation badly. The chief resigned because of that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4418222]Because this kid has NO obligation to tell this stranger ANYTHING. He doesn't have to tell this guy a thing. He can walk where he wants. He is a FREE man. This stranger has NO RIGHT to demand ANYTHING from this kid.

The profile? Black? FINE. Call the cops and let them handle it. Do not even exit your vehicle. YOU ARE NOT A COP. You are not trained to handle this situation, as proven my the result.

Enjoy your stay in jail. You're going to make lots of nice close friends there.[/QUOTE]

In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning. He was not arrested.
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Dismissal!![/B][B][/B][/COLOR]
    So in your world asking someone a question is reason for a young thug to attack and beat you?
    I have a deal for you ,FF2. You fly to Houston on a Fri. afternoon I'll pick you up at the airport drop you off in the 5th ward about 12:15 am and then pick you up at 6 the next morning. At that time I'll give you 1,000 dollars and reimburse you for your plane ticket. I'll even let you wear a shirt like the upstanding young man in my avatar is wearing. Rest assured the kindly folk here in H-Towns fif war will treat you lilly white azz kindly. Deal?
    Last edited by acepepe; 03-26-2012 at 07:17 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4418277]In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin.

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning. He was not arrested.
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Dismissal!![/B][B][/B][/COLOR]
    So in your world asking someone a question is reason for a young thug to attack and beat you?
    I have a deal for you ,FF2. You fly to Houston on a Fri. afternoon I'll pick you up at the airport drop you off in the 5th ward about 12:15 am and then pick you up at 6 the next morning. At that time I'll give you 1,000 dollars and reimburse you for your plane ticket. I'll even let you wear a shirt like the upstanding young man in my avatar is wearing. Rest assured the kindly folk here in H-Towns fif war will treat you lilly white azz kindly. Deal?[/QUOTE]

The idiot should have never gotten out of his car and this never would have happened. see someone suspicious ( i.e.: black) alert the police.

As proven by the outcome, this dummy was not trained for this.

I'm really missing the points of your inviting me to bad areas.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all I mourn the death of the young man. No parent should have to bury their child. That being said why is Mr Martin being portrayed as a 10 year old, he was 17 and bigger then he was at 10. Jesse and Al have made a living off the race card along with the New Black Panthers. Where is the cryout when hundreds upon hundreds youg black men/women are killed all the time. Jesse and Al should take a very long look in the mirror and see the real problem(Them).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4418306]The idiot should have never gotten out of his car and this never would have happened. see someone suspicious ( i.e.: black) alert the police.

I'm really missing the points of your inviting me to bad areas.[/QUOTE]

The point being, whites are MURDERED 180-1 every year by blacks and not a cry of RACISM from blacks or libs. 1 black gets harmed in a white neighborhood and there's what we have now. So my offer stands and you can prove to me only us dum white cracka's are, in your words RACIST!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4418357]The point being, whites are MURDERED 180-1 every year by blacks and not a cry of RACISM from blacks or libs. 1 black gets harmed in a white neighborhood and there's what we have now. So my offer stands and you can prove to me only us dum white cracka's are, in your words RACIST!!![/QUOTE]

I got nothing to say on the race part of this.

I see a straight up idiot causing the death of this young man.

stupid, stupid, stupid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4418306]The idiot should have never gotten out of his car and this never would have happened. see someone suspicious ( i.e.: black) alert the police.

I'm really missing the points of your inviting me to bad areas.[/QUOTE]

fair statements...but this is starting to have traits of DUKE Lacrosse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4418374]I got nothing to say on the race part of this.

I see a straight up idiot causing the death of this young man.

stupid, stupid, stupid.[/QUOTE]

And this wouldn't be an issue if this wasn't "about race" and you wouldn't have a word to say. useful idiot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4418357]The point being, whites are MURDERED 180-1 every year by blacks and not a cry of RACISM from blacks or libs. 1 black gets harmed in a white neighborhood and there's what we have now. So my offer stands and you can prove to me only us dum white cracka's are, in your words RACIST!!![/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this stat from? Im in bad neighborhoods in Philly everyday, what's your point?