Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Go Florida....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4433611]He was carrying skittles AND ice tea with that hoodie on.....of [COLOR="Red"]course he is criminal[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
    NAH, Little Travon, never. I bet jettdawg himself walks arourd with a screwdriver and womans wedding rings all the time, Don't cha?

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “[COLOR="Red"]hiding and being suspicious.[/COLOR]” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he foun[COLOR="Red"]d women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,”[/COLOR] according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana,

Read more here: [url]http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/v-fullstory/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy[/url]

I think the lesson to be learned here is the next time a belligerent and antagonistic punk trespasses on your property--- don't even waste your time trying to have a civil conversation, just sic your dogs on him.

I bet you'll pull your pants up now!

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4433227]You really are an idiot ... Go read Dred v. Scott. [/QUOTE]
    Not so slick, Bri.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4433628]NAH, Little Travon, never. I bet jettdawg himself walks arourd with a screwdriver and womans wedding rings all the time, Don't cha?

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “[COLOR="Red"]hiding and being suspicious.[/COLOR]” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he foun[COLOR="Red"]d women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,”[/COLOR] according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana,

Read more here: [url]http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/v-fullstory/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy[/url][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/george_zimmerman_120329.jpg?w=420&h=316&crop=1[/IMG]

[QUOTE]In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/27/10894561-zimmerman-accused-of-domestic-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer[/url]

[QUOTE=sackdance;4433661]Not so slick, Bri.[/QUOTE]

Way to cherrypick portions of my post

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4433666][IMG]http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/george_zimmerman_120329.jpg?w=420&h=316&crop=1[/IMG]

[url]http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/27/10894561-zimmerman-accused-of-domestic-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer[/url][/QUOTE]

I'm going to play liberal newscasters(redundant, I know)way of reporting news.
    So what you mean is, They're both thugs and this was some sort of a turf war? CHARGES DISMISSED!

All League
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4433628]NAH, Little Travon, never. I bet jettdawg himself walks arourd with a screwdriver and womans wedding rings all the time, Don't cha?

Read more here: [url]http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/v-fullstory/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy[/url][/QUOTE]

Guess he deserved to be punished with death retroactively for weed and petty theft...

Was he high or stealing anything on the night in question?

No evidence of either.

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4433682]Way to cherrypick portions of my post[/QUOTE]
    You call me an idiot and in the next sentence you're telling me to go read "Dred vs. Scott".

As if reaching back to pre-Civil War era to address Trayvon wasn't stupid enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4433732]Guess he deserved to be punished with death retroactively for weed and petty theft...

Was he high or stealing anything on the night in question?

No evidence of either.[/QUOTE]

No but it does make you see that he isn't the angelic 12 year old that the media has shown him as. It also makes you see that he is capable of being a punk and jumping Zimmerman might not have been out of character.

Zimmerman's previous record shows that you should be careful who you jump because you might have just bitten off more that you can chew by jumping someone that is a bigger punk or has a better weapon.

All League
    [QUOTE=Trades;4433749]No but it does make you see that he isn't the angelic 12 year old that the media has shown him as. It also makes you see that he is capable of being a punk and jumping Zimmerman might not have been out of character.

Zimmerman's previous record shows that you should be careful who you jump because you might have just bitten off more that you can chew by jumping someone that is a bigger punk or has a better weapon.[/QUOTE]

A 160 lb high schooler with skittles and iced tea versus a 190 lb adult with a gun...

And the right is trying as hard they can to justify this kids death by bringing up things that a lot of high school kids have done, including myself.

He was 17 and unarmed. I don't want to hear about how the adult with the firearm following him was in danger.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4433728]I'm going to play liberal newscasters(redundant, I know)way of reporting news.
    So what you mean is, They're both thugs and this was some sort of a turf war? CHARGES DISMISSED![/QUOTE]

LOL. I'm not saying that he was Trayvon Martin Luther King Jr., but Trayvon up till now did not have any convictions

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4433760]A 160 lb high schooler with skittles and iced tea versus a 190 lb adult with a gun...

And the right is trying as hard they can to justify this kids death by bringing up things that a lot of high school kids have done, including myself.

He was 17 and unarmed. I don't want to hear about how the adult with the firearm following him was in danger.[/QUOTE]

If Zimmerman was following him, didn't brandish the gun, got jumped and pummeled as he states then I feel he was justified.

If Zimmerman was a bully and started the physical altercation or produced his weapon then Zimmerman was at fault.

Either way the kid is still dead and maybe someone should be talking about the right way to handle situations like this on both sides rather than trying to start a race war based on the unfortunate death of a kid.

Sadly, as usual, the important message will be perverted. Maybe we should all take this time to talk to our friends and loved ones about proper ways to interact with people. Everyone is so quick to be outraged from this incident to road rage why can't people just let things go.

For example I took my girlfriend to Dave and Busters in the Palisades Park mall a few weeks ago. It was very busy. We were walking down to the arcade area and this woman with her kid and a guy were walking 3 abreast and giving no ground. My Girlfriend and I moved as far to the right as possible and our shoulder's bumped. Very minor and innocent. I continued on she stopped, turned, and screamed at the top of her lungs, "Hey Man what the F***". This is in a place filled with families that is about having fun. I just kept walking. No point in a reply or even a glance back. My Girlfriend and I had a great time.

Think about how my experience could have changed if I had a bad attitude or was looking to be offended! I could have made a loud reply back, she could have jumped my girlfriend. I could have gotten in her face or the face of the guy with her, worst case one of us has a gun and we are looking at Trayvon 2.

For the record from everything I have read/seen I think Zimmerman will be exonerated.

Good to know, for a second I believed Zimmerman shot and killed him for no reason.

You ever get in trouble as a teen? To spout out all of your bs, your past better of been squeaky clean.

Let it play out in court.

[QUOTE=Trades;4433794]If Zimmerman was following him, didn't brandish the gun, got jumped and pummeled as he states then I feel he was justified.

If Zimmerman was a bully and started the physical altercation or produced his weapon then Zimmerman was at fault.

Either way the kid is still dead and maybe someone should be talking about the right way to handle situations like this on both sides rather than trying to start a race war based on the unfortunate death of a kid.

Sadly, as usual, the important message will be perverted. Maybe we should all take this time to talk to our friends and loved ones about proper ways to interact with people. Everyone is so quick to be outraged from this incident to road rage why can't people just let things go.

For example I took my girlfriend to Dave and Busters in the Palisades Park mall a few weeks ago. It was very busy. We were walking down to the arcade area and this woman with her kid and a guy were walking 3 abreast and giving no ground. My Girlfriend and I moved as far to the right as possible and our shoulder's bumped. Very minor and innocent. I continued on she stopped, turned, and screamed at the top of her lungs, "Hey Man what the F***". This is in a place filled with families that is about having fun. I just kept walking. No point in a reply or even a glance back. My Girlfriend and I had a great time.

Think about how my experience could have changed if I had a bad attitude or was looking to be offended! I could have made a loud reply back, she could have jumped my girlfriend. I could have gotten in her face or the face of the guy with her, worst case one of us has a gun and we are looking at Trayvon 2.

For the record from everything I have read/seen I think Zimmerman will be exonerated.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Some rules/guidelines for the use of deadly force.

============================================

The Basic Standard

You may legally use deadly force only when there is an immediate and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Ability, Opportunity, Jeopardy

Police are trained to answer this question by looking for three basic elements that must be present before they may use lethal force. These three elements are called Ability, Opportunity, and Jeopardy (often abbreviated to A, O, J). When these three things are present, any reasonable person would believe that a life was in danger, so the defendant's legal position is very strong. But if one of the elements is missing, the defendant may have a hard time convincing a jury that shooting the attacker was really necessary.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Definitions!

Ability means that the other person has the power to kill or to cripple you.

Opportunity means that the circumstances are such that the other person would be able to use his ability against you.

Jeopardy means that the other person's actions or words provide you with a reasonably-perceived belief that he intends to kill you or cripple you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It is important to realize that any two of the elements may be present in a lot of common interactions. The presence of only two elements does not justify using deadly force. This isn't as complicated as it sounds, and it is mostly just common sense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

An example of A & O, but not J: a young man with a baseball bat (ability) is standing within ten feet of you (opportunity). Unless the young man either verbally threatens to assault you, or physically begins the motions necessary to whack you, or in some other way makes it very obvious that he intends to do you harm, jeopardy is not present.

An example of O & J, but not A: a very irate little girl says, "I hate you! I'm going to kill you!" (jeopardy). She is standing right next to you, close enough to hit you (opportunity). But she's only a little girl, and she doesn't have any weapons. Ability is not present.

An example of A & J, but not O: you are in court and you have just testified against a male criminal who is physically much bigger and stronger than you are, and who has been trained as a martial artist (ability). As the guilty verdict is read, the criminal rages to his feet and begins shouting and threatening to kill you right then and there (jeopardy). But he is restrained by handcuffs and by the bailiffs. Opportunity is not present.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more here. [url]http://www.corneredcat.com/Ability_Opportunity_Jeopardy/[/url]

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4433760]A [COLOR="Red"]160 lb high schooler with skittles and iced tea versus a 190 lb adult with a gun...
    [/COLOR]

He was 17 and unarmed. I don't want to hear about how the adult with the firearm following him was in danger.[/QUOTE]

Hey Dingbat, I just saw Zimmerman onTV he's TINY and Travon was a 6'3-6'4 athlete. So PLEASE stop the BS, I JUST saw the size of the MONSTER and again, he's TINY!!!

[QUOTE=CMEC;4433807]Good to know, for a second I believed Zimmerman shot and killed him for no reason.[/QUOTE]

No actually he shot him because he was being attacked by him.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4433774]LOL. I'm not saying that he was Trayvon Martin Luther King Jr., but Trayvon up till now did not have any convictions[/QUOTE]

;)

All League
    Trevon had ability.

Treyvon had opportunity.

Zimmerman was in jeopardy.

I believe Zimmerman met the criteria for justified deadly force. But that is only an opinion, I don't believe any of us have all the facts to determine one way or the other.

I also believe Zimmerman acted foolishly, and should be held responsible for his actions, but I think some lesser charge then murder would be the more appropriate. But what do I know, not very much.