Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Go Florida....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4433836]Trevon had ability.

Treyvon had opportunity.

Zimmerman was in jeopardy.

I believe Zimmerman met the criteria for justified deadly force. But that is only an opinion, I don't believe any of us have all the facts to determine one way or the other.

I also believe Zimmerman acted foolishly, and should be held responsible for his actions, but I think some lesser charge then murder would be the more appropriate. But what do I know, not very much.[/QUOTE]

Zimmerman's neighborhood has been plagued by robberies recently. I can't blame him for acting if the cops aren't doing anything. He has said they don't respond quickly enough to ever question people.

Last week I left my house and got in my car. There was a strange looking guy walking down my street. He stopped at the corner and as soon as I turned off of my street (there are only 4 houses on it so it is a short street) he turned and started walking back toward my house. I stopped on the next street, waited about 30 seconds and went around the block. He was past my house at that point but still slowly walking and staggering near my neighbors. Would I be justified to ask who he is and what he is doing? I think so.

[QUOTE=sackdance;4433746]You call me an idiot and in the next sentence you're telling me to go read "Dred vs. Scott".

As if reaching back to pre-Civil War era to address Trayvon wasn't stupid enough.[/QUOTE]

I called you an idiot IF you didn't believe blacks had faced many, many injustices from the legal system over the years. It was conditioned on your beliefs. I actually assumed you couldn't be that stupid... although I was apparently wrong.

The Dred Scott case was just a very egregious example, but there's a billion others littered throughout US history. Take a class in con law or just get a general awareness of your country's history.

I also didn't bring up the case to address what actually happened to Trayvon, I brought it up to explain the reaction by many members of the black population to what happened to Trayvon. Congrats, you failed reading comprehension 101 too.
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 04-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4433530]It shows a track record. It shows an inclination. [B]It calls into question the entire process when you see a guy like Zimmerman not arrested until it became a national outcry.[/B] It's not as bad as 30-40 years ago, but we still see examples.

Zimmerman will now be judged by the facts of the case (as it should be). Your statement and outrage are illogical. You clearly don't even understand what I'm arguing and saying.[/QUOTE]

And yet you quote a story that had a BLACK man go through the same experience? (not arrested until an "outcry" put him in jail)?:confused:

Does racial inequality still exist? Sure. Some people may be looked down on because they're black, and my kids will have to work extra hard to get college assistance because they're not.

That doesn't mean people get to pull out the race card as soon as things don't go the way they'd like . . .

[QUOTE=OCCH;4433857]And yet you quote a story that had a BLACK man go through the same experience? (not arrested until an "outcry" put him in jail)?:confused:

Does racial inequality still exist? Sure. Some people may be looked down on because they're black, and my kids will have to work extra hard to get college assistance because they're not.

That doesn't mean people get to pull out the race card as soon as things don't go the way they'd like . . .[/QUOTE]

The same experience? I'll just "LOL" at that. The facts of the two cases are extremely different.

I'm glad you put "outcry" in quotes. I guess if you count the dead guy's wife and friends writing letters to the DA. A google search on McNeil's name barely even registers and no one had heard of this case on this board until I linked an article about it.

I'm white and have mostly white friends. None of us had any difficulty obtaining college/law school loans and/or scholarships. If anyone had, it was likely because they just weren't smart enough. I'd personally be embarrassed making excuses for my kids like that....

[QUOTE=Trades;4433850]Zimmerman's neighborhood has been plagued by robberies recently. I can't blame him for acting if the cops aren't doing anything. He has said they don't respond quickly enough to ever question people.

Last week I left my house and got in my car. There was a strange looking guy walking down my street. He stopped at the corner and as soon as I turned off of my street (there are only 4 houses on it so it is a short street) he turned and started walking back toward my house. I stopped on the next street, waited about 30 seconds and went around the block. He was past my house at that point but still slowly walking and staggering near my neighbors. Would I be justified to ask who he is and what he is doing? I think so.[/QUOTE]

What about him was "strange?"

And if he answered "None of your business" then what? :confused:

I would advise you call the police if you were worried. That's their job.

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4433864]The same experience? I'll just "LOL" at that. The facts of the two cases are extremely different.

I'm glad you put "outcry" in quotes. I guess if you count the dead guy's wife and friends writing letters to the DA. A google search on McNeil's name barely even registers and no one had heard of this case on this board until I linked an article about it.

I'm white and have mostly white friends. None of us had any difficulty obtaining college/law school loans and/or scholarships. If anyone had, it was likely because they just weren't smart enough. I'd personally be embarrassed making excuses for my kids like that....[/QUOTE]

I've worked in minority school districts for decades. You're either ignorant or ingenuine if you don't think minorities are given special preferences.

And to the rest of your post, you're obviously already wearing race-colored glasses (that only see racism in one direction). You're entitled to that opinion, but it makes the likelyhood of any rational discussion pretty remote . . .

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4433864]The same experience? I'll just "LOL" at that. The facts of the two cases are extremely different.

I'm white and have mostly white friends. None of us had any difficulty obtaining college/law school loans and/or scholarships. [COLOR="Red"]If anyone had, it was likely because they just weren't smart enough. I'd personally be embarrassed making excuses for my kids like that....[/QUOTE][/COLOR]
    Not smart enough? the University of Texas had to stop their racial preference program by court order.
    1. It was Discriminatory towards whites
    2. it wasn't helping the dumbos who were the beneficiary's as most dropped out. now they go to TSU and they're doing much better they now, they have a 4% graduation rate after 4 years. Quite an improvement!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4434087]it wasn't helping the dumbos...[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

They're so dumb. Idiots.