Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Florida....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Florida....

[url]http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/08/2684419/shooting-mystery-miami-dade-teen.html[/url]

Nice.

Skittles and Ice Tea.

In Florida.

Kill a kid. Wait 3 weeks. Then get arrested.

In normal states...

Kill a person. Get arrested immediately. Then charged with either murder or manslaughter.

Crystal Meth States sure have some weird laws. Big man. Roaming the wilds of a gated community armed with a gun. It's only him VS the hostile elements of bad bad gated communities. So scary. Lemme call the cops 50 times in 3 months!! LOOK!! I SAW A SQUIRELL!! KILL IT!!!

All kidding aside. WTF, Florida?
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 03-19-2012 at 06:23 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shot in the dark (no pun intended)... Geeky Asian kid, good at math...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4403370]Shot in the dark (no pun intended)... Geeky Asian kid, good at math...[/QUOTE]

Lmfao!!!

Probably. A squared plus B squared equals PUT THE SKITTLES DOWN!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    RIP Tayvon Martin. Sad story, not enough info to determine guilt of anyone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    28 year old captain of the neighborhood watch? That makes being a mod sound cool.

There is def a back story here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4403421]RIP Tayvon Martin. Sad story, not enough info to determine guilt of anyone.[/QUOTE]

He. Shot. An. Eleven. Year. Old.

In civilized states, killing an unarmed child would at least result in a charge of involuntary manslaughter.

In Florida, they use a garden rake to rake up the dead kids body and send the killer home so that he doesn't miss his dinner.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    From the OPs linked article.

[QUOTE]Trayvon Martin traveled to Sanford on a trip with his father. The teen returned to his Miami home in a body bag.

Martin, 17, was shot and killed Feb. 26[/QUOTE]

Read more here: [url]http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/08/2684419/shooting-mystery-miami-dade-teen.html#storylink=cpy[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a staunch 2nd amendment guy who has a license to carry and sides with the citizen (or cop) 99% of the time when it comes to shootings purportedly done in self defense.

This IMO is a glaring example of the 1%. Zimmerman's actions were criminal. He followed an unarmed boy holding an ice tea and a bag of skittles. To infer that this kid instantly morphed into someone about to do grave bodily harm (for no apparent reason) on the way home from the candy store simply defies logic.

Zimmerman should've provided a description for the police to investigate and left it at that. How much fear could've Zimmerman been in if he voluntarily followed Martin after being warned by the dispatcher not to do so?

The only thing that Martin did "wrong" was...well...nothing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more info that comes out, the more it looks like a crazed over-aggressive Neighborhood Watch guy who made too many assumptions, acted like he was the only Cop on earth (when he's not a cop) and "defended" himself by aggressively accosting and then kill an innocent kid walking home.

If it plays out that this is the case, the shooter deserves the Death Penalty IMO, poste haste.

With that said, the various left-wing talkers turning this into a modern-day racism-is-everywhere all-whites-are-racist KKK lynching for political gain.....ghastly.

Apart from some basic sterotyping (hoodie-dressed black youth seemed out of place at night in that locale), I'm not seeing real racism here as much as massive uncalled for overreaction and aggressiveness. Personally, I think if the youth was white or hispanic, and acting and dressed the same way, the outcome may have been the same. Guy seems like a zealot.

In any event, fully expect to see as much political hay made of this as is possible by the usual suspects. Ironic, that they'll use the same exact sterotypes (All gun owning whites are racists ready to kill the black man) as the killer used to judge his victim.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4404310]Guy seems like a zealot.[/QUOTE]

Sure does. Called the cops 44 times between Jan 1st and Feb 26 because of suspicious black males.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4404329]Sure does. Called the cops 44 times between Jan 1st and Feb 26 because of suspicious black males.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, they were all carrying Skittles. Have you ever been hit in the eye with the blue ones? Hurts like heck.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4404332]To be fair, they were all carrying Skittles. Have you ever been hit in the eye with the blue ones? Hurts like heck.[/QUOTE]

Skittle Racist. Blue Skittles are no different than any other color skittle.

Back On topic....yep, Death Penalty sounds about right for the shooter, barring soem major as-yet-unknown proof otherwise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides for Al Sharpton and affirmative action, do conservatives view anything as racist these days?

This case seems pretty obvious to me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4404343]Besides for Al Sharpton and affirmative action, do conservatives view anything as racist these days?

This case seems pretty obvious to me.[/QUOTE]

Blame your allies, not us, if we react with eyerolls and scepticism at yet another call of racism! racism! racism! by the usual suspects.

Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

Yeah, seems appropriate here.

I admit, I'm doubtful of ANY claim of racism by the usual suspects of the left, because generally speaking, everything is racist to them.

The result, sadly, is a case like this where initially folks like me doubt racism just cause some left wing talker proclaims it such.

As more comes out, like I said, it backs the claim of racism more and more......of ocurse, that doesn't warrant a Civil Rights Investigation or demands the State change it's Law based on one racist.

In any event, I'm happy to fry to ****er, wonder if the usual cadre of "no, death penalty is wrong, we cannot execute this multi-cop killing black man" folks will also be consistent or not now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4404332]To be fair, they were all carrying Skittles. Have you ever been hit in the eye with the blue ones? Hurts like heck.[/QUOTE]

lolz :D

What I don't understand is that the guy was the "Captain" of the neighborhood watch. Were there other members? I know if I was a member, I'd be a little annoyed at someone making so many BS calls to the police....kinda because of the whole "crying wolf" thing. I would have said bro, you need to stop with the calls. Something real is gonna happen and the PD is gonna blow us off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4404350]Blame your allies, not us, if we react with eyerolls and scepticism at yet another call of racism! racism! racism! by the usual suspects.

Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

Yeah, seems appropriate here.

I admit, I'm doubtful of ANY claim of racism by the usual suspects of the left, because generally speaking, everything is racist to them.

The result, sadly, is a case like this where initially folks like me doubt racism just cause some left wing talker proclaims it such.

As more comes out, like I said, it backs the claim of racism more and more......of ocurse, that doesn't warrant a Civil Rights Investigation or demands the State change it's Law based on one racist.

In any event, I'm happy to fry to ****er, wonder if the usual cadre of "no, death penalty is wrong, we cannot execute this multi-cop killing black man" folks will also be consistent or not now.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but you did state "I'm not seeing real racism here as much as massive uncalled for overreaction and aggressiveness." That's outright denial, not temperance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4404363]Fair enough, but you did state "I'm not seeing real racism here as much as massive uncalled for overreaction and aggressiveness." That's outright denial, not temperance.[/QUOTE]

The nerdy Asian dude who was good at math definitely had it out for a certain demographic...

However, I'm still confused as to how he ended up bleeding profusely from his head...?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4404363]Fair enough, but you did state "I'm not seeing real racism here as much as massive uncalled for overreaction and aggressiveness." That's outright denial, not temperance.[/QUOTE]

I'm not denying anything. I've reading the story as I see it reported today. As I read more, my opinion may change to suit new details.

As my last post says rather clearly, yes, it looks more racist-based now (of a "sterotyping young black males as criminals" variety, not a "I hate blacks" variety), and as such I'm happy to have the shooter fry.

Are you?

Since we're on the topic, what role does the massive number of young black criminals in black culture, as well as the promotion of that image by both black popular music and hollywood, take in helping foster the sterotype this shooter apparently bought into lock stock and barrel?

Or are you going to claim that this kind of sterotype arises in a vacuum?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4404400]Since we're on the topic, what role does the massive number of young black criminals in black culture, as well as the promotion of that image by both black popular music and hollywood, take in helping foster the sterotype this shooter apparently bought into lock stock and barrel?

Or are you going to claim that this kind of sterotype arises in a vacuum?[/QUOTE]

It arises from many different factors, most of them social and cultural in nature.

You sound like someone who blamed Marilyn Manson and video games for Columbine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4404419]It arises from many different factors, most of them social and cultural in nature.[/quote]

Do those factors include the fcat that african american youth commit a metric boatload of crime?

Does it include the steryotype pushed by the media, Hollywood and glorified by african american music culture?

Seems a rather straitforward question.

[quote]You sound like someone who blamed Marilyn Manson and video games for Columbine.[/QUOTE]

I've listened to worse than Marilyn, and play lots of video games, and never harmed a hair on anyone head.

I've also been the victim of an all-black beating once, just for walking through my neighborhood way back in the day. As was my girlfriend of that era, who was verbally assaulted by a group of black males. Oddly, CNN never contacted me to discuss these hate crimes tho, wierd eh?

Point being, there is no excuse for the shooters overreaction, but it would be nice if the left could spare us the 24/7 racism! racism! racism! wolf crying (s0 when we see it for real, we can call it that right off), and if the African american community could face the fact that not only is their own actions a large part of the cause of the sterotype, but that that sterotype is making bank for their good friends in the movie, tv and music industries.