Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Florida....

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4413053]Yeah, he never uses race to his advantage. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yep, I guess he is the first and only politician that ever tried to relate to the citizens.

What did he say in his statement that was untrue?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4413108]Yep, I guess he is the first and only politician that ever tried to relate to the citizens.

What did he say in his statement that was untrue?[/QUOTE]

"If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon"....just another way to say "you should vote for me because I'm black and you're black". No?

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4413153]"If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon"....just another way to say "you should vote for me because I'm black and you're black". No?[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the video? He made that statement when he was talking about the parents and what they are going through.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4413153]"If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon"....just another way to say "you should vote for me because I'm black and you're black". No?[/QUOTE]

Exactly what he's doing. Nothing but pure opportunism, and the worst kind.

If I were Trayvon's parents, I'd be livid. Absolutely disgusting.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4413191]Exactly what he's doing. Nothing but pure opportunism, and the worst kind.

If I were Trayvon's parents, I'd be livid. Absolutely disgusting.[/QUOTE]

But you're not.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4413170]Did you watch the video? He made that statement when he was talking about the parents and what they are going through.[/QUOTE]

Of course. Did he need to add that part though. The kid is black, Obama is (half) black. We get it....without him saying it even. This is far from the first time he's used this psychology to remind black voters that they should all stick together come election time.

We'll never see this the same way. You're an unabashed Obama supporter, I'll never be convinced he's not the emperor who wore no clothes.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4413245]Of course. Did he need to add that part though. The kid is black, Obama is (half) black. We get it....without him saying it even. This is far from the first time he's used this psychology to remind black voters that they should all stick together come election time.

We'll never see this the same way. You're an unabashed Obama supporter, I'll never be convinced he's not the emperor who wore no clothes.[/QUOTE]

There are a lot things I dislike with the current President and some thinks I do like, just because you can't stand him does not make me the complete opposite of you.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4413269]There are a lot things I dislike with the current President and some thinks I do like, [B]just because you can't stand him does not make me the complete opposite of you[/B].[/QUOTE]

True. But he is transparently reminding black voters that they should vote for him because of pigment similarities.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4413301]True. But he is transparently reminding black voters that they should vote for him because of pigment similarities.[/QUOTE]

Did one of your black friends tell you about it? :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4413340]Did one of your black friends tell you about it? :D[/QUOTE]

All two of them!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4413301]True. But he is transparently reminding black voters that they should vote for him because of pigment similarities.[/QUOTE]

That's what politicians do; they pander and try to leverage every potential advantage. I don't see it as being much different than a conservative using religion or a veteran using military service to gather as much support as possible from their respective bases.

...once Al Sharpton jumps in, it loses all legitimacy...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=parafly;4413432]That's what politicians do; they pander and try to leverage every potential advantage. I don't see it as being much different than a conservative using religion or a veteran using military service to gather as much support as possible from their respective bases.[/QUOTE]

I agree to a point. But the race thing is more incendiary. Also, it seems to reek more b/c Obama is bi-racial, imo. Harry Reid was right. ;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;4413537]...once Al Sharpton jumps in, it loses all legitimacy...[/QUOTE]

And the other esteemed, well intentioned "Reverend"...

[url]http://www.theblaze.com/stories/farrakhan-tweets-where-there-is-no-justice-there-will-be-no-peace-law-of-retaliation-may-be-applied/[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=parafly;4413432]That's what politicians do; they pander and try to leverage every potential advantage. I don't see it as being much different than a conservative using religion or a veteran using military service to gather as much support as possible from their respective bases.[/QUOTE]

I do. In this story, a KID WAS MURDERED.

If using that is fine with u, I don't know what to say.

Jets Insider VIP
    Obama didn't comment on the story to score political points.

Good lord.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4413591]I do. In this story, a KID WAS MURDERED.

If using that is fine with u, I don't know what to say.[/QUOTE]

When did I say it was "fine?" Just expected and predictable, that's all.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4413673]Obama didn't comment on the story to score political points.

Good lord.[/QUOTE]

C'Mon man! Everything a POTUS says in public, in an election year, is to score political points.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4413699]C'Mon man! Everything a POTUS says in public, in an election year, is to score political points.[/QUOTE]

So you honestly think he faked caring about the entire situation?

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4413591]I do. In this story, a KID WAS MURDERED.

If using that is fine with u, I don't know what to say.[/QUOTE]

Really? Was Zimmerman charged with murder?