Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enough Already with the B.S. NAMES!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does regen start for regenerate or re general or renew generation or ronald regen?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    That's how he's known in American literature and how he signed his writing. Look it up, JNut. Show me one place (besides this board) where Jonathan Stewart call himself JStew.
    you mean like his own website?

http://www.jstew28.com/

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That's how he's known in American literature and how he signed his writing. Look it up, JNut. Show me one place (besides this board) where Jonathan Stewart call himself JStew.
    You mean something along the lines of JSTEW ON TWITTER, from the web site http://www.JSTEW28.com/

You're smacking yourself silly on this thread. From your signature to your shining examples.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 03-19-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You mean something along the lines of JSTEW ON TWITTER, from the web site http://www.JSTEW28.com/

You're smacking yourself silly on this thread. From your signature to your shining examples.
    Your shining examples show BUP-KUS. Name one current Jet player who isn't African-American- either Irish, Italian, Samoan, Latino- who is referred to by a moniker like TRich or JCo. Why is Sanchez "The Sanchize" instead of MSan? Why is Matt Mulligan not MMull? Why is Nick Mangold just Nick Mangold? Why not NMan? Anybody?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regeneration of Racism, or for short, Regen, or better yet, Rgn.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Regeneration of Racism, or for short, Regen, or better yet, Rgn.

....proud charter member of the ACLU here, pal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does every player that's discussed on this board become a single letter with a shortened last name? Curtis Martin suddenly was CMart, and then any thread mentioning a player (generally African-American) got a cute handle. Since when has Jonathan Stewart ever been known as JStew? D'Brick is one thing, but it's gotten out of hand. I can go one and on- Antonio Cromartie is ACo, Jericho Cotchery is JCo, if we draft Richardson, he's TRich. Why don't we call Sanchez MSan? Or decide Jim Leonhard is JLin (pun intended)? How about we call Mike Devito MDe? Enough is enough.

Can we take it back a notch people? It's gotten borderline ridiculous.
    Well said Rgen!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....proud charter member of the ACLU here, pal.
    Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back there rgn.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Your shining examples show BUP-KUS. Name one current Jet player who isn't African-American- either Irish, Italian, Samoan, Latino- who is referred to by a moniker like TRich or JCo. Why is Sanchez "The Sanchize" instead of MSan? Why is Matt Mulligan not MMull? Why is Nick Mangold just Nick Mangold? Why not NMan? Anybody?
    YOU brought up Stewart. How stupid was that? JSTEW, his own website, god that was stupid.

Now to the Jets, white guys. One example?

Eric Smith is ESmitty on twitter. His teamates call him that.

You're getting abused every time you type something dumb you friggen racist twit.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does every player that's discussed on this board become a single letter with a shortened last name? Curtis Martin suddenly was CMart, and then any thread mentioning a player (generally African-American) got a cute handle. Since when has Jonathan Stewart ever been known as JStew? D'Brick is one thing, but it's gotten out of hand. I can go one and on- Antonio Cromartie is ACo, Jericho Cotchery is JCo, if we draft Richardson, he's TRich. Why don't we call Sanchez MSan? Or decide Jim Leonhard is JLin (pun intended)? How about we call Mike Devito MDe? Enough is enough.

Can we take it back a notch people? It's gotten borderline ridiculous.
    FYou...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are joking, well played.

If you are serious then you should rethink your point. He is not on the Jets. But Arod is the nickname for the highest paid baseball players and 2009 Yankees World Series hero. Also, its a nickname that the 2010 Superbowl MVP embraced.

I dont think that the nicknames are racist. The origin of the internet shorthand is convenience. I will grant you that many of the players that have the "First Initial First Syllable" are African American, but is that BECAUSE they are African American or because they have longer names that are easily misspelled or just annoying to type?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet Nut major props!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    YOU brought up Stewart. How stupid was that? JSTEW, his own website, god that was stupid.

Now to the Jets, white guys. One example?

Eric Smith is ESmitty on twitter. His teamates call him that.

You're getting abused every time you type something dumb you friggen racist twit.
    The point, UTool, is that no one on the board calls him that. He calls himself ESmitty. You can slay me all night long, but you still haven't responded as to why only African-Americans get this treatment. I think it's fairly harmless as subconscious racism goes, but it doesn't make it right to demean people with cute nicknames.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    If you are joking, well played.

If you are serious then you should rethink your point. He is not on the Jets. But Arod is the nickname for the highest paid baseball players and 2009 Yankees World Series hero. Also, its a nickname that the 2010 Superbowl MVP embraced.

I dont think that the nicknames are racist. The origin of the internet shorthand is convenience. I will grant you that many of the players that have the "First Initial First Syllable" are African American, but is that BECAUSE they are African American or because they have longer names that are easily misspelled or just annoying to type?
    Dude, I can't see into people's hearts. I just wonder why people can all seem to spell out proper names when it comes to the Mangolds or Pouhas but somehow must resort to TRich, ACro, etc. with African-Americans. My original thought was that it was just annoying.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    T-Rex, Tangini, Schotty, Chaddy Cakes, Hammer (that's me), Mumbles, BB, ManWhore (me again), Boom Boom, Noodle Arm, Jr, Sandman, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The point, UTool, is that no one on the board calls him that. He calls himself ESmitty. You can slay me all night long, but you still haven't responded as to why only African-Americans get this treatment. I think it's fairly harmless as subconscious racism goes, but it doesn't make it right to demean people with cute nicknames.
    You asked for a single white guy with a nickname on the Jets.

ESmitty says GFY.

You asked why J Stewart is called JStew. He is fool, on his own site.

The guy in your own signature, is a nickname initialized.

So much for its only colored folk who get nicknames. Racists are great at looking for reasons to call others racists.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pouha= Bo

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Pouha= Bo
    You racist.