Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Administration Changes Rules on Emergencies and Marshal Law?

Administration Changes Rules on Emergencies and Marshal Law?

Or so I've heard over the past two days, but with startling little in the way of details or news reports.

Anyone heard anything on this? Preferably from a legit source.

Also, on a related note, I was hearing this morning that one of the your Obama daughters is (or was) in Mexico, in a place teh State Dept. proclaimed was dangerous, on a vacation with friends, with a detail of 25 secret Serv. agents. Not a familiy trip, but a Spring Break of sorts (for a 13 year old I guess).

This was more interesting because one right-wing yapper (Beck) was claiming the stories on this in Euro-based media were up, then pulled down and removed, but he (Beck) didn't know why.

Two odd news stories, neither reported in the mains as I can see, just wondring if anyone had heard anything on either.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/19/obama-signs-executive-order-revising-authority-to-nationalize-resources-for/[/url]

Found a report (wasn't there earlier) on hte Executive Order about Nationalization fo Resources and the like during emergency.

Jets Insider VIP
    Obama Daughter in Mexico
    [url]http://reason.com/blog/2012/03/19/obamas-daughter-vacations-in-mexico-but[/url]
    [QUOTE][URL="http://reason.com/blog/2012/03/19/obamas-daughter-vacations-in-mexico-but"]Obama's Daughter Vacations in Mexico, But Let's Not Discuss It. In Fact, Let's Not Even Ever [I]Have[/I] Discussed It[/URL]

[URL="http://reason.com/people/brian-doherty"]Brian Doherty[/URL] | March 19, 2012

Completely divorced from the question of whether a politician's children are fair game for political attack, or even having their existence and life mentioned, this unfolding incident--stories from earlier today about Malia Obama and a gaggle of buddies spring breaking in Mexico (a place normal American kids are advised to avoid) with Secret Service protection disappearing from news sites--seems to indicate the White House can get a wide range of sites to take down stories, even if it is just with gentle persuasion or appeals to some higher standard. And that is highly unnerving.

The [URL="http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-is-the-story-about-malia-obama-vacationing-in-mexico-disappearing-from-the-web/"] details from[/URL] [I][URL="http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-is-the-story-about-malia-obama-vacationing-in-mexico-disappearing-from-the-web/"] The Blaze[/URL],[/I] complete with screenshots:
    [INDENT] references to it are disappearing from the Internet — and fast.

Around 3:00 EST, a Telegraph story reporting on the event was the first to vanish (note how the url remains the same in the “before” and “after”)....

Then, the related Huffington Post article was found to be linking back to a completely unrelated Yahoo News page titled “Senegal Music Star Youssou Ndour Hits Campaign Trail.”...

The Yahoo News story that HuffPo links to makes no mention of Malia Obama or her Mexican vacation. That raises two possibilities: either HuffPo has made an error in its link, or Yahoo has also removed its “Malia in Mexico” story. The latter more likely considering that the “-obamas-daughter-spends-springbreak-in-Mexico” url is still present in the Yahoo story. 

In fact, consider that the link to the Huffington Post article on Google now goes to the site’s main page. Alas, that story too has been taken down.

In addition to larger news organizations, smaller sites are also removing their stories....Free Republic removed a related discussion thread....

Of these sites, the only one to state a reason for the change was “Free Republic,“ where the Admin wrote ”Leave the kids alone.”

So that raises the question: Why were all these stories being taken down? Is the story false? Were they removed for security reasons?

Consider that the story still lives (as of this publication)* on the site of The Australian, which uses a story from the well-respected AFP (a sort of Associated Press for France).

[/INDENT][I]Blaze[/I] link live at the moment I wrote this. Again, [URL="http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why-is-the-story-about-malia-obama-vacationing-in-mexico-disappearing-from-the-web/"] check out their full story[/URL] for screenshot proof.

[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4404030]Marshal Law[/QUOTE]

Que?

[IMG]http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/comics/wallpapers/marshal-law.jpg[/IMG]

Look, the guy is gone in November of this year. It's over for him. Let him clutch at straws all he wants. Let the media continue to lie. It doesn't matter. It will not matter. What happened in the the 2010 midterms is exactly what is going to happen in the presidential election. Obama has the homosexuals, the blacks, and the unions, but he's lost everyone else who took a chance on him in 2008. 17% of his votes came from 18-21 year olds. Those kids are all grown up now. No jobs, saddled with billions of dollars in unpaid student loan debt. Even if half those fools vote for him again (and they won't) he still falls way short of what he'll need to acquire more electoral votes than his opponent. His opponent doesn't matter. Let's stop argueing about that. This is about a failed, corrupt, incompetent man-child who must be replaced. Nobody outside the groups I've already mentioned want four mores years of failure and misery.

So relax. Be patient. November is right around the corner and this national nightmare will finally be over.

From your keyboard to allot of ears and hands on election day. Legal ones that means.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4404379]From your keyboard to allot of ears and hands on election day. Legal ones that means.[/QUOTE]

Conduct yourself as if it's already been done. Because it has. Have faith. Don't worry.

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4404141]Look, the guy is gone in November of this year. It's over for him.[/QUOTE]

No chance in hell the disorganized liberal-moderate (R) Candidate beats him. None.

It's a cute pipe dream, the Romney Wins! fantasy, but reality is Romney is going to get his ass handed to him once the two square off. Not on issues per se, although Romney as liberal-moderate isn't exactly worlds away from Obama to start with, but more because Romney combines the worst of two recent Presidential losers.....he's a wishy-washy liberal-moderate like McCain, and a dedicated flip-flopper-of-convenicne like Lurch.

best if luck beating anyone with that candidate.

Cue Chiefs....

[QUOTE=Warfish;4404408]No chance in hell the disorganized liberal-moderate (R) Candidate beats him. None.

It's a cute pipe dream, the Romney Wins! fantasy, but reality is Romney is going to get his ass handed to him once the two square off. Not on issues per se, although Romney as liberal-moderate isn't exactly worlds away from Obama to start with, but more because Romney combines the worst of two recent Presidential losers.....he's a wishy-washy liberal-moderate like McCain, and a dedicated flip-flopper-of-convenicne like Lurch.

Cue Chiefs....[/QUOTE]

Mindless prattle and meaningless platitudes. The American people will fire Barry's worthless ass on November 7. It won't even be close.

[QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4404445]Mindless prattle and meaningless platitudes.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote]The American people will fire Barry's worthless ass on November 7. It won't even be close.[/QUOTE]

We'll see, won't we.

Enjoy voting for the Liberal Moderate Romney btw. ;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4404445]Mindless prattle and meaningless platitudes. The American people will fire Barry's worthless ass on November 7. [B]It won't even be close.[/QUOTE][/B]

You're right, Barry wins by 10 points. :(

All Pro
    I actually think the Republicans have a fighting chance with Romney as long as they don't pull a Palin.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4404408]No chance in hell the disorganized liberal-moderate (R) Candidate beats him. None.

Cue Chiefs....[/QUOTE]

On Cue
    Everything you said here is wrong. He is no more a flip flopper then Ronald Reagan. His economic policy is the polar opposite to Obama's. Romney's strength is with Urban and Suburban upper middle income voters. Coincidentally that is the same group that Obama was strong with in 2008. Romney turns 30% of that group and the election is won. Your idea that Romney is a moderate is media generated BS. You have a wack job like Santorum that is a true liberal when it comes to fiscal issues. The narrative is that only social conservatives are "true conservatives". The reality is the opposite. The true conservatives are fiscal conservatives.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4404141]Look, the guy is gone in November of this year. It's over for him. Let him clutch at straws all he wants. Let the media continue to lie. It doesn't matter. It will not matter. What happened in the the 2010 midterms is exactly what is going to happen in the presidential election. Obama has the homosexuals, the blacks, and the unions, but he's lost everyone else who took a chance on him in 2008. 17% of his votes came from 18-21 year olds. Those kids are all grown up now. No jobs, saddled with billions of dollars in unpaid student loan debt. Even if half those fools vote for him again (and they won't) he still falls way short of what he'll need to acquire more electoral votes than his opponent. His opponent doesn't matter. Let's stop argueing about that. This is about a failed, corrupt, incompetent man-child who must be replaced. Nobody outside the groups I've already mentioned want four mores years of failure and misery.

So relax. Be patient. November is right around the corner and this national nightmare will finally be over.[/QUOTE]

I'm telling you, don't bank on it. You're setting yourself up for 100% pure disappointment. Are we going to have to put you on suicide watch in November?

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4404501]On Cue
    Everything you said here is wrong. He is no more a flip flopper then Ronald Reagan.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Romney = Reagan, eh?

No my friend, Romney = McCain/Kerry combined into one two-time failure of a candidate.

Adn when Romney inevitably fails on election day, the (R) will have no one but themselves to blame for throwing out the worst group of failcandidates I can recall, from liberal Romeny, to Zealot Santorum, to Idiot Bachman to Self-Important Gingrich to the Texas Failure to Ron "The 5%" Paul and beyond.

What should be an easy 5%+ win is going to be a loss.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4404531]Lol. Romney = Reagan, eh?

No my friend, Romney = McCain/Kerry combined into one two-time failure of a candidate.

Adn when Romney inevitably fails on election day, the (R) will have no one but themselves to blame for throwing out the worst group of failcandidates I can recall, from liberal Romeny, to Zealot Santorum, to Idiot Bachman to Self-Important Gingrich to the Texas Failure to Ron "The 5%" Paul and beyond.

What should be an easy 5%+ win is going to be a loss.[/QUOTE]

We shall see my friend. There is a new Pro Obama book that came out this week. In it there is an excerpt about how Plouffe and Axelrod strategized not to make public their deficit reduction plans. They keenly thought that the Republicans would make their plans known and they could use any written plans to demonize the GOP.

Essentially what we learned is that Obama essentially knows that we are in a dire situation but chose to play political gamesmanship rather than tackle the problem. Plouffe correctly predicted that this basic principle of ignoring the disaster staring the country in the face would drive Republicans that understood the gravity of the situation bonkers. Essentially this pro-Obama book brought to light something which many of us believed without proof. That the Obama administration never intended to balance the budget. The debt ceiling "compromise" was a scam. And they are playing politics at a time when we are on the verge of economic calamity. This issue will make its way to the mainstream and the issue will piss off Independents and moderate Dems. Even more filthy is that while Republicans are running on a platform of balancing the budget and have written detailed proposals for tax, spending and entitlement reform the Democrats onder Obama's leadership are pretending the problem doesn't exist and if Obama wins, plan to shove their own secret plan down our throats without giving voters the opportunity to evaluate their plans. It is no different from the Obamacare debacle.
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 03-20-2012 at 02:48 PM.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4404571]We shall see my friend. There is a new Pro Obama book that came out this week. In it there is an excerpt about how Plouffe and Axelrod strategized not to make public their deficit reduction plans. They keenly thought that the Republicans would make their plans known and they could use any written plans to demonize the GOP.[/quote]

Pretty obvious tactic, wouldn't you say? They've done that repeatedly during the Obama Administration, using generalities and vague idealism, while the (R) use specifics and then get hammered for them.

[QUOTE]Essentially what we learned is that Obama essentially knows that we are in a dire situation but chose to play political gamesmanship rather than tackle the problem.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, thats the exact criticism (almost to the letter) the (D) use to describe the (R) House not passing Obam's policy ideas.

I think we'll see ALOT of that calim closer to election time.

Between Romney looking for all the world like a flip-flopping Northeastern Rich-Guys Liberal-Moderate, to the rest of (R) consistently falling over themselves with fail the past 3 years, to a base who loathes Romney and wants anyone but him, to a media in the tank wholehearted for Obama, to a primary campaign going on vastly too long and too divissively for (R) internally, etc, etc, etc, I'm just not seeing a Romney 52%, Obama 48% type outcome here.

Indeed my friend, we will see. We will see.

Found the article:
    Writer is from Mother Jones a far left progressive website:

Obama shifted his own tactics in 2011, Corn writes, moving from compromising with Republicans to challenging the tea party. The president, senior adviser David Plouffe and other top administration officials plotted a “secret strategy” — by not unveiling a specific deficit reduction plan and not instantly challenging the House Republicans’ budget cuts — to “draw the GOP into a trap.”

Read more: [url]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74181.html#ixzz1pgYih7WM[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4404571]We shall see my friend. There is a new Pro Obama book that came out this week. In it there is an excerpt about how Plouffe and Axelrod strategized not to make public their deficit reduction plans. They keenly thought that the Republicans would make their plans known and they could use any written plans to demonize the GOP.

Essentially what we learned is that Obama essentially knows that we are in a dire situation but chose to play political gamesmanship rather than tackle the problem. Plouffe correctly predicted that this basic principle of ignoring the disaster staring the country in the face would drive Republicans that understood the gravity of the situation bonkers. Essentially this pro-Obama book brought to light something which many of us believed without proof. That the Obama administration never intended to balance the budget. The debt ceiling "compromise" was a scam. And they are playing politics at a time when we are on the verge of economic calamity.[B] This issue will make its way to the mainstream [/B]and the issue will piss off Independents and moderate Dems. Even more filthy is that while Republicans are running on a platform of balancing the budget and have written detailed proposals for tax, spending and entitlement reform the Democrats onder Obama's leadership are pretending the problem doesn't exist and if Obama wins, plan to shove their own secret plan down our throats without giving voters the opportunity to evaluate their plans. It is no different from the Obamacare debacle.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on that.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4404606]Pretty obvious tactic, wouldn't you say? They've done that repeatedly during the Obama Administration, using generalities and vague idealism, while the (R) use specifics and then get hammered for them.

Interesting, thats the exact criticism (almost to the letter) the (D) use to describe the (R) House not passing Obam's policy ideas.

I think we'll see ALOT of that calim closer to election time.

Between Romney looking for all the world like a flip-flopping Northeastern Rich-Guys Liberal-Moderate, to the rest of (R) consistently falling over themselves with fail the past 3 years, to a base who loathes Romney and wants anyone but him, to a media in the tank wholehearted for Obama, to a primary campaign going on vastly too long and too divissively for (R) internally, etc, etc, etc, I'm just not seeing a Romney 52%, Obama 48% type outcome here.

Indeed my friend, we will see. We will see.[/QUOTE]

We shall. We have had IYO 3 years of fail yet the GOP won the most house seats in their history in the last election. Imagine if it wasn't 3 years of fail. The election will come down to whether the voters see through the Chicago political machine and their policies of deception and politicization or not. I think that enough folks will see through it. Not all but enough.