Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Media scrubs Malia Obama vacation story

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Media scrubs Malia Obama vacation story

As if no one will talk about it...

[url]http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/03/media-scrubs-malia-obamamexico-story-117970.html[/url]

It's always a bad idea to send your 13-year old on Spring Break, no matter how safe she might be.

President Clueless.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aye, was covering that in this thread (although no way you could know by the title):

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242527[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4404041]As if no one will talk about it...

[URL]http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/03/media-scrubs-malia-obamamexico-story-117970.html[/URL]

It's always a bad idea to send your 13-year old on Spring Break, no matter how safe she might be.

President Clueless.[/QUOTE]

13 year old, spring break, Mexico (a country with a warning to stay out of currently from the administration) more vacations, 25 secret service agents, and who knows what else. This story is getting removed from the internet all over, I'm not buying leave the kids alone (since when do we not see the obama children on vacation) I think it has more to do with cost, timing, parental responsibilty, and location.

ftr my soon to be 20 yr old daughter had enough common sense to not ask to go to Mexico for spring break with her friends.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4404065]13 year old, spring break, Mexico (a country with a warning to stay out of currently from the administration) more vacations, 25 secret service agents, and who knows what else. This story is getting removed from the internet all over, I'm not buying leave the kids alone (since when do we not see the obama children on vacation) I think it has more to do with cost, timing, parental responsibilty, and location.

ftr my soon to be 20 yr old daughter had enough common sense to not ask to go to Mexico for spring break with her friends.[/QUOTE]

Sure but she doesn't have 25 secret service agents paid for by the American Tax payers to baby sit her either.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4404133]Sure but she doesn't have 25 secret service agents paid for by the American Tax payers to baby sit her either.[/QUOTE]

What a waste of resources.

At the VERY least, let her and her friends go somewhere within the country, to, you know, support a local economy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4404065]I'm not buying leave the kids alone[/QUOTE]
    I don't think anyone is, particularly because it's the parents we're looking at here.

One story that gets overlooked when examining Obama's 70% to a 40% approval rating shift was Mrs. Obama's jaunt to Spain. Even though it was not seismic headlines fodder, it really ticked off a lot of people and I think it might have permanently altered the way many people perceived the Obamas - perhaps placing them squarely in the celebrity column, which isn't ideal for a politician.

It didn't seem like that big a story at the time, but it was hubris. I think very, very few American families can relate to sending 13 year olds on spring break.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    lmao, nice timing on these comments Michele

[URL]http://realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/03/20/michelle_obama_we_teach_our_kids_south_chicago_values.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    First Lady Michelle Obama tells David Letterman that she and President Obama try to instill the values of south Chicago in their daughters.

[B]Michelle Obama: For us, it's the values. The thing that we try to do is make sure -- the residence is on the second and the third floor of the White House. And what we want to have happen is when they get off that elevator and walk in to our residence that it feels like the south side of Chicago, the same values, the same rules, the same sense of responsibility.
    [/B]
    Because, of course the stuff is different. There are butlers walking around, you know? We didn't have that, you know. So, Barack and I really do work hard to, you know, figure out how you create those values in this other world that we know nothing about and we, you know, try to make sure the kids have chores to do.

It's how they talk to us, it's how they talk to other people, you know. It's kindness, it's empathy, it's respect. Those are the things that we can give them when we remind them that is more important than anything that they'll ever had. And then we take their stuff away if they don't do it. 'Give me that.'
    [/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4404510]lmao, nice timing on these comments Michele[/QUOTE]
    Wow.

Still operating under the impression that all the people can be fooled all the time.

I think we're going to see the same lack of cohesion in his re-election campaign as we see in his presidency. In fact, it would be shocking not to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4404510]lmao, nice timing on these comments Michele

[B] when they get off that elevator and walk in to our residence that it feels like the south side of Chicago[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

Does Michelle have people murdered on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the White House on a regular basis to give it that realistic feel?

[url]http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/chicago-police-supt-promises-to-curb-gang-violence/[/url]

[QUOTE]So far this year, there have been 94 murders in Chicago. There were 66 in the same period last year. There have been 408 shootings so far this year, compared to 296 in the same period in 2011.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4404552]Does Michelle have people murdered on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the White House on a regular basis to give it that realistic feel?

[url]http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/chicago-police-supt-promises-to-curb-gang-violence/[/url][/QUOTE]

I wonder if they bring in Reverend Wright on Sundays to rant about the evils of America and that whitey is the devil, just to keep it feelin like the good old days in the South side?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4404552]Does Michelle have people murdered on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the White House on a regular basis to give it that realistic feel?[/QUOTE]

That's EXACTLY what I thought - LOL!. I can just see the two Obama girls getting out of the White House elevator and then having to get on the ground to dodge stray bullets flying by. And what about the drug dealers?

Yes, just like the south side of Chicago!

Too funny! :limp:

:jets17

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting that there are some regulars missing from this thread :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4405137]interesting that there are some regulars missing from this thread :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Self-scrubbed. Not a trace, nary a whiff.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4405194]Self-scrubbed. Not a trace, nary a whiff.[/QUOTE]
    lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so angry about this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4404136]What a waste of resources.

At the VERY least, let her and her friends go somewhere within the country, to, you know, support a local economy.[/QUOTE]

Protecting the President's daughter is definitely a waste of resources. I say let that little ***** fend for herself.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4405222]I'm so angry about this.[/QUOTE]

is this today's outrage or yesterdays?

My daughter is away for Spring break. Please don't this less of me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4405307]is this today's outrage or yesterdays?

My daughter is away for Spring break. Please don't this less of me.[/QUOTE]

She has secret agents assigned to her. It's terrible.

Just like Rick Santorum has just as many assigned to him so that he can be introduced to a rally of weirdos by a guy who said that Jews should GTFO of America.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2emBxDOY7g[/url]

THE GOD OF ABRAHAM!! THE GOD OF ISAAC!! AND THE GOD OF JACOB!!! (all Jews BTW) AAAAAAND HIS NAME IS JESUS!!!!

<clapping for 30 seconds by a**holes>

The first comment on the video sums it up: "a heap of non-human sh*t"....
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 03-20-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    lol

amazing

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4405137]interesting that there are some regulars missing from this thread :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That's ok, I'm sure they'll chime in soon.

[QUOTE=FF2;4405307]is this today's outrage or yesterdays?

My daughter is away for Spring break. Please don't this less of me.[/QUOTE]

Immediately dismissive, good tactic.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4405323]She has secret agents assigned to her. It's terrible.

Just like Rick Santorum has just as many assigned to him so that he can be introduced to a rally of weirdos by a guy who said that Jews should GTFO of America.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2emBxDOY7g[/url]

THE GOD OF ABRAHAM!! THE GOD OF ISAAC!! AND THE GOD OF JACOB!!! (all Jews BTW) AAAAAAND HIS NAME IS JESUS!!!!

<clapping for 30 seconds by a**holes>

The first comment on the video sums it up: "a heap of non-human sh*t"....[/QUOTE]

Massive distraction about a candidate EVERYONE here hates. Even better tactic.