Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Media scrubs Malia Obama vacation story

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The left of JI are disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst on every Obama issue presented here. It's laughable in all honesty, and I fear systematic throughout the country. The lines have been drawn apparently and the country will be forever divided unless people become willing to open their eyes.

ftr I could have posted the above in any one of many threads here, this is just the latest guffaw.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sharrow;4405625]And what's SO wrong about a group of 13 year old girls going on a field trip during spring break?[/QUOTE]
    That's probably the question the Obama's suddenly don't want America asking during election season.

Because most people will deduce that it's SO wrong on many levels.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4405769]The left of JI are disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst on every Obama issue presented here. It's laughable in all honesty, and I fear systematic throughout the country. The lines have been drawn apparently and the country will be forever divided unless people become willing to open their eyes.

ftr I could have posted the above in any one of many threads here, this is just the latest guffaw.[/QUOTE]

The majority of the Obama threads are disingenuous and dishonest. :yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this vacation was paid for exclusively by the Obama's, I could care less where they send their daughter. They could send her to Uganda for all I care. They are parents and they can send the kid wherever they/she wants to go. If my taxes were used to fund this escapade, I will be outraged. They get away with lavish trips overseas for "diplomatic" reasons when they vacation together. Sending Malia to Mexico alone better be coming out of their coffers. Either way, the Obamas are wiggity wack.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4405806]The majority of the Obama threads are disingenuous and dishonest. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    lol, ah yes, the "I know you are but what am I" defense

that may have worked back in grade school, not so much now

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NxYxJets;4405807]If this vacation was paid for exclusively by the Obama's, I could care less where they send their daughter. They could send her to Uganda for all I care. They are parents and they can send the kid wherever they/she wants to go. If my taxes were used to fund this escapade, I will be outraged. They get away with lavish trips overseas for "diplomatic" reasons when they vacation together. Sending Malia to Mexico alone better be coming out of their coffers. Either way, the Obamas are wiggity wack.[/QUOTE]

Do you think that there was ever any intention by the Obamas to reimburse the tax payers for this nonsense before it was in the paper? They may now that they were outted but there is no way that was the plan.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NxYxJets;4405807]If this vacation was paid for exclusively by the Obama's, I could care less where they send their daughter. They could send her to Uganda for all I care. They are parents and they can send the kid wherever they/she wants to go. If my taxes were used to fund this escapade, I will be outraged. They get away with lavish trips overseas for "diplomatic" reasons when they vacation together. Sending Malia to Mexico alone better be coming out of their coffers. Either way, the Obamas are wiggity wack.[/QUOTE]

Of course your taxes funded the trip. Do you think they flew commercial, and Obama pays the Secret Service agents out of his own pocket?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bigger issue here is why was this scrubbed from the media. When the story first broke it was reportedly an exception by the White House commenting on Malia's safety after the earthquake. What seems to have occurred is that when the concern moved from her safety to the re-election, the powers that be saw this as a bad visual image to have a 13 year old girl spring break in Mexico. They then pressured the news sources to remove the story. What pressure did they use? What threats or coersion did they employ?

Of course the Class Clowns of the forum join in and downplay what occurred. Not surprising the lemmings followed this path.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4405536]When was the last time you were in Mexico?[/QUOTE]

Last year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of all the non-stories that fake outrage you guys this takes the cake.

I'm actually wondering if you are joking, but I guess not.

Look, there are plenty of real reason Obama sucks. Stick to those.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4405987]Of all the non-stories that fake outrage you guys this takes the cake.

Look, there are plenty of real reason Obama sucks. Stick to those.[/QUOTE]

Translation:

The left attacking Sarah Palin's parenting for having a whore knocked up daughter = ok

The rights attacking Obama's parenting for sending theri princess to a dangerous place teh State Dept. says not to go to, on a Spring Break Trip (at 13), on the Taxpayers dime.....perfectly cool, stop being silly.

Got it, thanks FF for the usual brilliant unbiased insight.;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4405987]Of all the non-stories that fake outrage you guys this takes the cake.

Look, there are plenty of real reason Obama sucks. Stick to those.[/QUOTE]

If it's because they're "worried" about a 13yo in Mexico (with 25 security agents), I agree. Even without the agents, I doubt anyone's first concern was the President's daughter's well-being.

But if it's about the cost to the taxpayer, I understand why people would get mad. This guy was supposed to be "different". He hadn't done ANYTHING noteworthy as a member of the gov't, never ran anything at any level -- all he had going for him was "hope and change".

Well, apparently he's not being held to that standard anymore. All I've heard for 3+ years is "he's no different than any other president", as if that's a DEFENSE for him instead of an INDICTMENT.

Yet he'll probably get elected again, because people don't care about actual results anymore -- sing em a pretty song and they'll follow him like the pied piper . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4406005]Translation:

The left attacking Sarah Palin's parenting for having a whore knocked up daughter = ok

The rights attacking Obama's parenting for sending theri princess to a dangerous place teh State Dept. says not to go to, on a Spring Break Trip (at 13), on the Taxpayers dime.....perfectly cool, stop being silly.

Got it, thanks FF for the usual brilliant unbiased insight.;)[/QUOTE]

sigh...I dont know what Palin has to do with this.

Honestly do you think the kid is in danger? Do you think President families have ever travelled on the taxpayers dime?

Yes its silly because there are so many legitimate reasons to criticize Obama making this an issue just makes people look silly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4405769]The left of JI are disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst on every Obama issue presented here. It's laughable in all honesty, and I fear systematic throughout the country. The lines have been drawn apparently and the country will be forever divided unless people become willing to open their eyes.

ftr I could have posted the above in any one of many threads here, this is just the latest guffaw.[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Happy Epiphany Day! :iwon:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4406029]sigh...I dont know what Palin has to do with this.[/quote]

Two situations, both involving high-profile political leaders, both involving questionable parenting decisions.

[QUOTE]Honestly do you think the kid is in danger?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Secret Service best service.

[QUOTE]Do you think President families have ever travelled on the taxpayers dime?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely I do.

[quote]Yes its silly because there are so many legitimate reasons to criticize Obama making this an issue just makes people look silly.[/QUOTE]

One does not negate the other. People are able to be critical of more than one thing at a given time, after all.

Personally, I could care less where he send the Princess, although I do find the idea of a 13 yer old being sent to "dangerous" Mexico for Spring Break being funny decision to make. As long as not a penny of taxpayer money went into paying for or covering it, it's all good tho.

And as we both know, the 25 odd Secret Service Agents there are not, in fact, being paid for by Obama personally. So yes, we are (at least in part) paying for it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4406121]Two situations, both involving high-profile political leaders, both involving questionable parenting decisions.

Nope. Secret Service best service.

Absolutely I do.

One does not negate the other. People are able to be critical of more than one thing at a given time, after all.

Personally, I could care less where he send the Princess, although I do find the idea of a 13 yer old being sent to "dangerous" Mexico for Spring Break being funny decision to make. As long as not a penny of taxpayer money went into paying for or covering it, it's all good tho.

And as we both know, the 25 odd Secret Service Agents there are not, in fact, being paid for by Obama personally. So yes, we are (at least in part) paying for it.[/QUOTE]

FTR. I've travelled to spots that the State Dept issued warnings on. Jamaica being the most recent.

Using common sense, I never saw any danger. (Also I'm too cheap to cancel a paid-for trip.)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4406135]FTR. I've travelled to spots that the State Dept issued warnings on. Jamaica being the most recent.

Using common sense, I never saw any danger. (Also I'm too cheap to cancel a paid-for trip.)[/QUOTE]

I was unaware that you were the 13 year old daughter of the U.S. President.

Do you really have the arrogance to think you're anything like the target the Princess is? You're on no ones "most likely to get attacked/kidnapped" list, mate.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4406167]I was unaware that you were the 13 year old daughter of the U.S. President.

Do you really have the arrogance to think you're anything like the target the Princess is? You're on no ones "most likely to get attacked/kidnapped" list, mate.[/QUOTE]

I am merely saying that simply because the State Dept. puts out a warning doesn't mean an entire country is a war zone.

And you don't think those Jamaicans want my Swatch Watch®? :D

Do you REALLY thing she is in any danger? COMMON!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ABC News reported this as a "school trip" last night when discussing the earthquake.

lmao

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4406199]I am merely saying that simply because the State Dept. puts out a warning doesn't mean an entire country is a war zone.

And you don't think those Jamaicans want my Swatch Watch®? :D

Do you REALLY thing she is in any danger? COMMON![/QUOTE]

again to summerize and I will put dangerous place number one...

[LIST][*]state department advises against trips there[*]another vacation for an Obama (at least 16 a/o December that we know of in a little over three years)[*]cost to taxpayers?[*]parental judgement involved in letting a 13 leave the country without her parents to go on "spring break"[*]Michelle claims to want southside of Chicago ideals for kids, whatever the hell that means[/LIST]