Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Per Shefter: Jets have discussed Tebow

  1. #1

    Per Shefter: Jets have discussed Tebow

    https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/...74024971993091

    "Here's one other team that has discussed trading for Tim Tebow, even if it is considered a longshot: the Jets."

  2. #2
    This is an awful idea

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,250
    That would be humiliating

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    This is an awful idea
    Unless the Jets use Tebow as a blocking TE, that's a stupid idea.

  5. #5
    uh...

    i was gonna say, only if he converts to HB. but yeah still, no.

  6. #6
    JI Exclusive, Transcript of that conversation:

    Tannenbaum: So guys, what do you think about trading for Tebow?

    (Everyone in Room bursts into laughter)

    Tannenbaum: Okay, moving on.

  7. #7
    Please, not TTeb...

  8. #8
    if he converts to a FB/HB/TE hybrid he could be pretty interesting in this system. But NOT as a QB. As long as it's clear will NOT be a QB I'm all for it and think he would actually produce well here.

    not paying for the hype, so I wouldn't spend a lot on him.

    I know everyone is going to laugh it off, but in a specific role he would do damage in what will be our style of offense.

    also, he would probably do WONDERS for the locker room...His teammates really seem to rally around his personality.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 03-20-2012 at 02:45 PM.

  9. #9
    wildcat qb. nothing more.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/...74024971993091

    "Here's one other team that has discussed trading for Tim Tebow, even if it is considered a longshot: the Jets."
    PLEASE LORD...SAY IT AINT SO.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    if he converts to a FB/HB/TE hybrid he could be pretty interesting in this system. But NOT as a QB. As long as it's clear will NOT be a QB I'm all for it and think he would actually produce well here.

    not paying for the hype, so I wouldn't spend a lot on him.
    He would produce well for any team NOT as a QB

    Jeez, Sparano would be ALL kinds of wet with Tebow as his wildcat specialist

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Apalachin
    Posts
    1,257
    We get mentioned for everyone now.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,493
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    PLEASE LORD...SAY IT AINT SO.
    Tebow already spoke to his Dad.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Where is Jetswin when you need him?

    _

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Unless the Jets use Tebow as a blocking TE, that's a stupid idea.
    Nobody gives a sh!t what you think.

  16. #16
    Knowing Tannebaum all he did was inquire what it would cost (pick wise)...He's just doing his due diligence...Or because he always says that reporters always attach the Jets to situations like this because it creates a buzz for a large market..

  17. #17
    I'd be more interested in Namath's take on Tebow joining us than Schefter's........Oh yeah, and get Namath drunk first.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    if he converts to a FB/HB/TE hybrid he could be pretty interesting in this system. But NOT as a QB. As long as it's clear will NOT be a QB I'm all for it and think he would actually produce well here.

    not paying for the hype, so I wouldn't spend a lot on him.
    The problem is, you can't play Tebow as anything but a QB after last year. The minute he walks into Jets camp the media would turn it into a QB controversy, if for nothing more then to sell papers. The first time Sanchez has a bad quarter you'd have fans begging for Tebow. You're basically putting Mark in a situation where he's constantly looking over his shoulder (and no, that's not a good thing, playing tight and scared to make mistakes doesn't work in this league). It's just a bad idea on so many levels.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-20-2012 at 02:47 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    The problem is, you can't play Tebow as anything but a QB after last year. The minute he walks into Jets camp the media would turn it into a QB controversy, if for nothing more then to sell papers. The first time Sanchez has a bad quarter you'd have fans begging for Tebow. It's just a bad idea on so many levels.
    dont care what the media does...the jets don't have to play him as a QB bc the media says so...also, we'd in essence put pressure on Sanchez without really threatening his job....although we would know that there is a guy who would probably seamlessly fit into what Sparano could do if needed.

    so isn't that killing 2 birds with one stone? let people beg for tebow if sanchez is flat....he's at that point anyway...if he comes out flat this season tebow or no tebow sanchez is going to be blasted...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    dont care what the media does...the jets don't have to play him as a QB bc the media says so...also, we'd in essence put pressure on Sanchez without really threatening his job....although we would know that there is a guy who would probably seamlessly fit into what Sparano could do if needed.

    so isn't that killing 2 birds with one stone?
    Tim Tebow would be a bad move because he can't throw.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us