Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Per Shefter: Jets have discussed Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Tim Tebow would be a bad move because he can't throw.
    right....

which is the original point...if he is used in a certain role with a throwing option (Wildcat) or just as a straight up short yardage runner, I think he fits quite nicely into Sparano's system.

Plus when Tebow was drafted many teams were talking about converting him to TE. He's got versatility. And if the Jets traded for him it wouldnt be for his arm.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm sick of having a gimmick offense, why can't we play straight-up? No wildcat, no option, just a regular, line up and beat the guy in front of you offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I'm sick of having a gimmick offense, why can't we play straight-up? No wildcat, no option, just a regular, line up and beat the guy in front of you offense.
    unfortunately, Sparano will definitely run the wildcat and gimmick stuff. It's part of his core system. And I'm all for it. Schotty ran "gimmick" plays that could be predicted pre snap. So long as it's unpredictable it will work more often than not.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Where is Jetswin when you need him?

_

I'm on the job my man

NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! WHY EVEN WASTE THE TIME DISCUSSIING THIS???

All Pro
    Whats his contract pay him this year?

doubt the Jets could afford him with out redoing his contract.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'm on the job my man

_

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I'd be more interested in Namath's take on Tebow joining us than Schefter's........Oh yeah, and get Namath drunk first.
    I'd be more interested in Namath coming back to QB at his age and drunk than even the thought of signing Tebow as a QB Dummy used only in tackling drills.

...heard when Tebow found out about Manning he threw a fit...but it fell 5 yds short...

Not sure why this was dumped, it was reported by a credible source that the Jets have discussed the trade. It's Jets news.

That being said, I pray this never, ever happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...heard when Tebow found out about Manning he threw a fit...but it fell 5 yds short...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    dont care what the media does...the jets don't have to play him as a QB bc the media says so...also, we'd in essence put pressure on Sanchez without really threatening his job....although we would know that there is a guy who would probably seamlessly fit into what Sparano could do if needed.

so isn't that killing 2 birds with one stone? let people beg for tebow if sanchez is flat....he's at that point anyway...if he comes out flat this season tebow or no tebow sanchez is going to be blasted...
    See, the thing is, it's NOT good to put "pressure" on Mark, or any QB for that matter. It's usually bad.

This is a league where you have to make split second decisions to throw the ball, often times through tight windows. If he starts playing tight because there's someone breathing down his neck, starts playing scared to make mistakes because Tebow might replace you the next interception you throw, it's bad. You're checking down out of potential big plays then for the safe throw. You're hesitating and missing your windows. You have to trust your instincts and play fearless to make it in the NFL.

There's an expression that when you have 2 Quarterbacks, you really have none. That's basically where we'd be going.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    Not sure why this was dumped, it was reported by a credible source that the Jets have discussed the trade. It's Jets news.

Let's see, how do I say this without getting banned....

never mind.

Suffice it to say that anything Tebow/Jets has been specifically black-listed from the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post

Agreed.

It all depends on the cost of getting him. The guy can run, is a decent change of pace player and causes match-up problems for defenses. No one should feel the least bit worried about this being a threat to our starter. (Though I suppose there would be the problem of half of the silly fans chanting Tebow, tebow the moment sanchez threw and incompletion.)

The guy is good leader and a winner and it's never bad to have those guys on your team. If he came cheap I'd have no problem with it but if the price was anything significant it would not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    See, the thing is, it's NOT good to put "pressure" on Mark, or any QB for that matter. It's usually bad.

This is a league where you have to make split second decisions to throw the ball, often times through tight windows. If he starts playing tight because there's someone breathing down his neck, starts playing scared to make mistakes because Tebow might replace you the next interception you throw, it's bad. You're checking down out of potential big plays then for the safe throw. You're hesitating and missing your windows. You have to trust your instincts and play fearless to make it in the NFL.

There's an expression that when you have 2 Quarterbacks, you really have none. That's basically where we'd be going.
    So by not having two automatically the other guy gets better? That's silly. Tebow wouldn't be coming here as any threat to the starter, what he woukld be doing is giving the team the best wildcat option in the league and if Sparano is die hard at using it why not look at getting the ultimate player for that system?

Well at least we get to keep the ****ty Schroy threads in the main forum.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

This is Jet news, should not have been dumped IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    So by not having two automatically the other guy gets better? That's silly. Tebow wouldn't be coming here as any threat to the starter, what he woukld be doing is giving the team the best wildcat option in the league and if Sparano is die hard at using it why not look at getting the ultimate player for that system?
    I do believe that QBs who are on the hot seat play worse then the same QB would when he has security. It's impossible to ignore the human factor in this equation. If you're looking over your shoulder all the time, it has to effect you.

And like it or not, he would instantly become a legit threat to Sanchez's job. Dismiss his play last season all you want, but he did make it to, and win a playoff game as his teams QB. So has Sanchez, but I'm sure that won't slip the fans or the media's mind the first time Sanchez has a bad game.

I called this a week ago and said the Jets could have interest for "wildcat applications" and was laughed at here.

If smashmouth and wearing down teams is the goal then this could make sense.