219. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) No

45 20.55%
  • 2) Hell No. Fire anyone who thinks it is a good plan

112 51.14%
  • 3) Yes. I am on crack.

62 28.31%
Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebowmania in Jetland (merged, moved, locked, unlocked)

Tebowmania in Jetland (merged, moved, locked, unlocked)

I think one of the main reasons Rex wanted Sparano was due to the problems the Jets had defending a physical offense like Miamiís + the wildcat.

Go back and watch that Miami team a few years back when they had all the pieces in place to effectively run it, they were nasty on other teamsí defenses.

They physically beat up teams including the Jets, Pats, ColtsÖ even if they didnít always win the games.

With that, lets say Manning signs with Denver and Jacksonville isn't interested in Tebow.

Would you be pissed if the Jets traded a 3rd rounder to get Tebow for Sparanoís wildcat package?

I donít want him here, but as crazy as the idea may seem, itís something I can see the Jets exploring if they plan to run the Wildcat + sell tickets.

:rolleyes:

Well considering that the wildcat hasn't been effective since 2008 if the reason the Jets hired Sparano was to do the wildcat offense we're basically f__ked.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4394665]I think one of the main reasons Rex wanted Sparano was due to the problems the Jets had defending a physical offense like Miamiís + the wildcat.

Go back and watch that Miami team a few years back when they had all the pieces in place to effectively run it, they were nasty on other teamsí defenses.

They physically beat up teams including the Jets, Pats, ColtsÖ even if they didnít always win the games.

With that, lets say Manning signs with Denver and Jacksonville isn't interested in Tebow.

Would you be pissed if the Jets traded a 3rd rounder to get Tebow for Sparanoís wildcat package?

I donít want him here, but as crazy as the idea may seem, itís something I can see the Jets exploring if they plan to run the Wildcat + sell tickets.[/QUOTE]

The wildcat came from Miami's old qb coach David lee who brought it to Miami from his days as the oc at Arkansas. Darren McFadden used to run it there

Jets Insider VIP
    That was implemented by David Lee. Sparano will not use the wildcat. He will run the offense like he did in dallas.

Which sounds like lots of running, field goal kicking and conservative playcalling. From what I have heard.

All League
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4394665]I think one of the main reasons Rex wanted Sparano was due to the problems the Jets had defending a physical offense like Miami’s + the wildcat.

Go back and watch that Miami team a few years back when they had all the pieces in place to effectively run it, they were nasty on other teams’ defenses.

They physically beat up teams including the Jets, Pats, Colts… even if they didn’t always win the games.

Would you be pissed if the Jets traded a 3rd rounder to get Tebow for Sparano’s wildcat package?

I don’t want him here, but as crazy as the idea may seem, it’s something I can see the Jets exploring if they plan to run the Wildcat + sell tickets.[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is that the Jets have a problem defending against a particular type of offense and that the the solution was to hire an OFFENSIVE coach??? :confused:
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 03-13-2012 at 12:19 PM.

All Pro
    TEBLOW ON THE JETS????????????

THIS IS SOME SORT OF A SICK JOKE RIGHT?????? :steamin::steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4394741]TEBLOW ON THE JETS????????????

THIS IS SOME SORT OF A SICK JOKE RIGHT?????? :steamin::steamin:[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek:

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;4394724]So what your saying is that the Jets have a problem defending against a paticular type of offense and that the the solution was to hire an OFFENSIVE coach??? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes, not as wacky as it sounds, it’s actually the same school of thought that Bill Bilichick uses when he signs free agents.

You take guys who you had no answer for stopping…

I guarantee it played a huge factor in why Sparano was signed + why do you think the Jets ever ran a Wildcat of their own? It wasn't Schotty who wanted it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4394708]Well considering that the wildcat hasn't been effective since 2008 if the reason the Jets hired Sparano was to do the wildcat offense we're basically f__ked.[/QUOTE]
    If I remember correctly, Brad Smith was very effective in 2010.

0% chance of tebow to the jets

Hey, Mark Sanchez could certainly help Tebow develop some of his off-the-field adventures. First move would be to invite him over and introduce him to Kate.

[IMG]http://cdn03.cdn.egotastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/07/kate-upton-ipad-app-teaser-esquire-cap-09-435x580.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    I am not sure why the OP settled on a 3rd for tebow when we could go for a 2nd or even a 1st.

Get'er done Tanny!

[QUOTE=Dcat;4394789]Hey, Mark Sanchez could certainly help Tebow develop some of his off-the-field adventures. First move would be to invite him over and introduce him to Kate.

[IMG]http://cdn03.cdn.egotastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/07/kate-upton-ipad-app-teaser-esquire-cap-09-435x580.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

If I'm Mark and invited Tebow over, I'd be more worried about Tebow going after me then going after my girlfriend. Just saying... :D

[QUOTE=EM31;4394791]I am not sure why the OP settled on a 3rd for tebow when we could go for a 2nd or even a 1st.

Get'er done Tanny![/QUOTE]

The forum has become stale and I only wanted people to get a little pissed here, if I said 1st or 2ndÖ they might track me down and come kill me.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4394750]Yes, not as wacky as it sounds, itís actually the same school of thought that Bill Bilichick uses when he signs free agents.

You take guys who you had no answer for stoppingÖ

I guarantee it played a huge factor in why Sparano was signed + why do you think the Jets ever ran a Wildcat of their own? It wasn't Schotty who wanted it.[/QUOTE]

So you believe that if you can't stop a player or a scheme it's because the offense is always the reason, not the fault of the D.

Nice spin.

Do we hire all the OCs who's teams have beaten the Jets the last 3 years?

Do we stay away given a couple of games where the Miami O did nothing against our D

For a third we could try him at Safety.

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4394793]If I'm Mark and invited Tebow over, I'd be more worried about Tebow going after me then going after my girlfriend. Just saying... :D[/QUOTE]

Tebow would try to convince Kate that chastity is the correct road. Whilst watching her bounce on Mark.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4394807]For a third we could try him at Safety.[/QUOTE]

You redeemed the thread, bro.

[IMG]http://www.topcultured.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/internet-high-five.jpg[/IMG]