219. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1) No

45 20.55%
  • 2) Hell No. Fire anyone who thinks it is a good plan

112 51.14%
  • 3) Yes. I am on crack.

62 28.31%
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebowmania in Jetland (merged, moved, locked, unlocked)

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4394800]So you believe that if you can't stop a player or a scheme it's because the offense is [B]always[/B] the reason, not the fault of the D.

[B]Nice spin. [/B]

Do we hire all the OCs who's teams have beaten the Jets the last 3 years?

Do we stay away given a couple of games where the Miami O did nothing against our D[/QUOTE]

Always? Where did you get that from my post?

I think what I said or was at least implying was that Rex/MT hired Sparano based on the 6 meetings they had against Miami.

If Rex felt Miami ran an easy to defend offense, I'm guessing Sparano wouldn't have been considered.

I don't think that's spinning or such a stretch.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=EM31;4394791]I am not sure why the OP settled on a 3rd for tebow when we could go for a 2nd or even a 1st.

Get'er done Tanny![/QUOTE]

... +999999999999999999999999999999 ...

... package our 1st, 2nd, & 3rd to make this Monster trade happen!!! :yes: ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4394793]If I'm Mark and invited Tebow over, I'd be more worried about Tebow going after me then going after my girlfriend. Just saying... :D[/QUOTE]

Mark's not a virgin?:(

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4394845]... +999999999999999999999999999999 ...

... package our 1st, 2nd, & 3rd to make this Monster trade happen!!! :yes: ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Good point. Plus fewer picks = fewer chances for disharmony in the Jets war room :)

WildCat is dead and done. Maybe three or four times a season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4394831]Always? Where did you get that from my post?

I think what I said or was at least implying was that Rex/MT hired Sparano based on the 6 meetings they had against Miami.

If Rex felt Miami ran an easy to defend offense, I'm guessing Sparano wouldn't have been considered.

I don't think that's spinning or such a stretch.[/QUOTE]

It's a spin as in that's one way to look at it. Just there is more than one way to look at it. Not an insult.

Keep that Jesus freak away from us.

I can see sporano still utilizing wildcat package..... to extent it is used, not sure.... Not chance in hell do we acquire a player like Tebow.... but...... if sanchez went down with injury, I would mind having him....

That's all we need. One bad game and there will be Tebow billboards on the side of buildings in Manhattan. Great for the locker room. Pass (because Tebow can't).

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4394665]I think one of the main reasons Rex wanted Sparano was due to the problems the Jets had defending a physical offense like Miamiís + the wildcat.

Go back and watch that Miami team a few years back when they had all the pieces in place to effectively run it, they were nasty on other teamsí defenses.

They physically beat up teams including the Jets, Pats, ColtsÖ even if they didnít always win the games.

With that, lets say Manning signs with Denver and Jacksonville isn't interested in Tebow.

Would you be pissed if the Jets traded a 3rd rounder to get Tebow for Sparanoís wildcat package?

I donít want him here, but as crazy as the idea may seem, itís something I can see the Jets exploring if they plan to run the Wildcat + sell tickets.[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense. They crafted the offense to suit the players they had, not the other way around. He has no love of the wildcat, he was using his players to the best of their abilities. Same with Denver which created their new offense to suit Tebow. Why would we go out and get players to run an offense that people use when they don't have a real QB? And why wouldn't Mark be able to run a wildcat play if they are so enamored of it?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :D One word..........NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[QUOTE=Monsterxman;4394665]I think one of the main reasons Rex wanted Sparano was due to the problems the Jets had defending a physical offense like Miamiís + the wildcat.

Go back and watch that Miami team a few years back when they had all the pieces in place to effectively run it, they were nasty on other teamsí defenses.

They physically beat up teams including the Jets, Pats, ColtsÖ even if they didnít always win the games.

With that, lets say Manning signs with Denver and Jacksonville isn't interested in Tebow.

Would you be pissed if the Jets traded a 3rd rounder to get Tebow for Sparanoís wildcat package?

I donít want him here, but as crazy as the idea may seem, itís something I can see the Jets exploring if they plan to run the Wildcat + sell tickets.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP

Jets interested in Tebow?

Per ESPN, Schefter. They mention other teams including Jax, Miami and Green Bay.

[url]http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7713078[/url]
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-20-2012 at 03:08 PM.

the other thread was dumped and not sure why since it's legit news, whether or not mods like the content.

All Pro
    IBTD

Veteran
    Oh, please no... just no.

Veteran
    I hate the offseason.

Fits the Tannenbaum MO: big name, backpage headlines galore, does anything else really matter?

Jets Insider VIP
    It's news and it's true. Not sure why it would be dumped.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Listen its not like he would be our starting QB. I wouldn't mind having Tebow as our version of slash. Some wildcat, some 4th and short, 3rd and short, a little H-B, FB etc....

It won't cost a lot to get him thats for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=The Ego Trip;4404614]I hate the offseason.[/QUOTE]

Everyone's stealing my tagline :mad: