Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jets NO.1 NEED

The Jets NO.1 NEED

This Tebow crap is further proof of what the Jets really need. A new owner, a real NFL GM and front office. After fifty two years of being a fan of this team I am at my wits end. I thought Woody would be a better owner than Hess and finally make the Jets a respected NFL franchise. All he has done is make us the laughing stock of the NFL. The Jets have no plan. If they did they wouldn't have signed Farve, chased Peyton Manning, and now this Tebow crap. Woody, Tanny, and Rex are the cause of the locker room dysfunction and this circus. Their actions promote that type of atmosphere. I am a season ticket holder for thirty plus years and a PSL buyer. At my age I don't see the Jets ever winning another SB. My hope is Woody will sell the team to someone who really wants to be a NFL owner and WINNER.
    What a farce this franchise is!

All Pro
    back away from the ledge buddy....it isn't worth it....

[QUOTE=Squirt;4405939]This Tebow crap is further proof of what the Jets really need. A new owner, a real NFL GM and front office. After fifty two years of being a fan of this team I am at my wits end. I thought Woody would be a better owner than Hess and finally make the Jets a respected NFL franchise. All he has done is make us the laughing stock of the NFL. The Jets have no plan. If they did they wouldn't have signed Farve, chased Peyton Manning, and now this Tebow crap. Woody, Tanny, and Rex are the cause of the locker room dysfunction and this circus. Their actions promote that type of atmosphere. I am a season ticket holder for thirty plus years and a PSL buyer. At my age I don't see the Jets ever winning another SB.[B] My hope is Woody will sell the team[/B] to someone who really wants to be a NFL owner and WINNER.
    What a farce this franchise is![/QUOTE]

I had this hope when Woody choked on his promise to get us back our own stadium, especially after he put us right back into bed with the Giants. That said, he'll never sell.

if the Jets get Tebow and he is very effectively adding a whole new wrinkle to the offense and garnering media attention taking focus away from the locker room failure and mark sanchez in a sense, will you still be complaining?

BC we all know that regardless of what the Fan GM's want and what the media says the Jets will not replace Mark with Tebow as a full time QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The jury is still out on this current crew, however, sometimes it seems like they are putting a knot in their own noose.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I think Woody is a good owner who truly cares about the success of the team. I like him.

That said, I've lost a LOT of faith in Tannenbaum.

All League
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4405956]I think Woody is a good owner who truly cares about the success of the team. I like him.

That said, I've lost a LOT of faith in Tannenbaum.[/QUOTE]

This.

Woody does what he needs to in order to have a successful team: opens his wallet and stays out of football related decisions.

Unfortunately, the person(s) he has entrusted to make those football related decisions have not been performing very well in the last couple of years.

One fault of Woody may be that he chooses to sign those "ONE" players to generate interest and ticket sales as opposed to a GM telling him that sustained success is the best way to fill seats EVEN if that means taking 2 OL in the first round of the draft as we did in 2006.

At some point since 2006 our strategy/plan went out the window, and it hasn't changed for the better.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :Dlast three years including playoffs....jets wins.....11-13-8 I think this front office has an idea what they are doing

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4405955]The jury is still out on this current crew, however, sometimes it seems like they are putting a knot in their own noose.[/QUOTE]

The Jets #1 need is RT.

The rest of this thread is whining.

Tebow can't block. This move is stupid unless it opens up cap space.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=jetsfreak;4405968]:Dlast three years including playoffs....jets wins.....11-13-8 I think this front office has an idea what they are doing[/QUOTE]

True, now if we can get the only win that matters. I believe they are working towards that goal.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetFreak89;4405964]This.

Woody does what he needs to in order to have a successful team: opens his wallet and stays out of football related decisions.

Unfortunately, the person(s) he has entrusted to make those football related decisions have not been performing very well in the last couple of years.

One fault of Woody may be that he chooses to sign those "ONE" players to generate interest and ticket sales as opposed to a GM telling him that sustained success is the best way to fill seats EVEN if that means taking 2 OL in the first round of the draft as we did in 2006.

At some point since 2006 our strategy/plan went out the window, and it hasn't changed for the better.[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense. You say Woody does what he needs to do to win. Then you blame Tannenbaum. So then why doesn't Woody get rid of Tannenbaum if he is the problem? Woody does not do what he needs to do to win. If he wants to win he needs to shift some his focus away from PSLs and club seats and start holding people accountable.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is why I have to emotionally detach myself from this team in the offseason. I simply can't bear this nonsense franchise 12 months a year.

Go Knicks!

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4405985]This is why I have to emotionally detach myself from this team in the offseason. I simply can't bear this nonsense franchise 12 months a year.

Go Knicks![/QUOTE]

Oh, the irony of this statement.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4405993]Oh, the irony of this statement.[/QUOTE]

lolz....replacing the Jets for the Knicks is like trying to kick heroin by shooting up PCP instead :P

All League
    [QUOTE=petejet;4405980]This makes no sense. You say Woody does what he needs to do to win. Then you blame Tannenbaum. So then why doesn't Woody get rid of Tannenbaum if he is the problem? Woody does not do what he needs to do to win. If he wants to win he needs to shift some his focus away from PSLs and club seats and start holding people accountable.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely Woody needs to hold people accountable but what I am saying is I don't think he is such a horrendous owner that the only solution would be to sell the team.

Like I said, Woody definitely needs to improve in a few areas (not making decisions based on PSL's, and if the current GM is not running the team with a concrete plan/vision he needs to get a new GM) but I wouldn't say he couldn't improve on these things.

It is not as if he looks to nickel and dime the team and refuses to invest big money into it and he is also not the type of owner who thinks HE knows how to run a football team just because he is a billionaire. I think we could do a lot worse than Johnson.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4405956]I think Woody is a good owner who truly cares about the success of the team. I like him.

That said, I've lost a LOT of faith in Tannenbaum.[/QUOTE]

That't the way I see it too. I think that Tannenbaum is all about self promotion even at the expense of the team. He wants to be in the spotlight and wants to be known for big moves. His philosophy of building a team has really been proven to be a loser, and this "pursuit" of Tebow is in many ways the last straw for me. We need a real GM who will properly build a team not this idiot. And please don't use the Brick, Mangold Harris and Revis picks as evidence of his good job, most random Jets fans thrown into the Jets war room would have made the same picks.

[QUOTE=jetsfreak;4405968]:Dlast three years including playoffs....jets wins.....11-13-8 I think this front office has an idea what they are doing[/QUOTE]

Actually our success was a bit of an illusion. We were lucky to get into the playoffs and leveraged our lack of injuries into exceptional success in post season games. In the meantime, our philosophy of building a team was slowly destroying our depth, cap position and skill level. Right now this team will be very lucky to be a .500 team next year.

Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4405996]lolz....replacing the Jets for the Knicks is like trying to kick heroin by shooting up PCP instead :P[/QUOTE]

Maybe we could get a swell owner like Dolan, who would have owned the Jets if Woody didn't outbid him. :eek:

Then Isiah could be the Jets GM!

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoFo0bnoHc_eEM0jJ54QxxYHEEKx5RCxl8lhSVyT1DMxByLSuALRdyK2IB[/IMG]

I was thinking the same thing

Like you I have been a Jet fan from the Titan days, my two sons are both huge Jet fans. We were season ticket holders for over 25 years, we travel to other cities to see them play. That said this owner is a joke. Rex and Tanny take their orders from the Q Tip man. Maybe he should take a lesson from Elway. No way he was a favorite to land Manning but Manning is in Denver. He also said that he would take less for Tebow to make sure he was put in the right place. That is class and will serve you well going forward when you are trying to sign other players. This is all about selling tickets, that is all this jerk cares about. Try putting a quality product on the field and you won't have to worry about selling tickets. Try not dumping our high quality players and signing other peoples trash.

Lastly I feel bad for Sanchez. What they have put this kid thru is crazy. People can say what they want but they ran under the cap all last year and the kid's protection was horrible. He was running for his life and was getting killed. I still don't know what we have in him but Brady could not have played well behind that line and that is a fact. And now we want Tebow, this is out of control. Woody get out and put a real owner in here that cares for his players. Will we ever have a day where we honor a player who has been with the team his entire career, like Hines Ward? BTW, great post!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Looks like someone else needs to buy a nut sack.

_