Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jets NO.1 NEED

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfanfromthestart;4406030]

Lastly I feel bad for Sanchez. What they have put this kid thru is crazy. People can say what they want but they ran under the cap all last year and the kid's protection was horrible. He was running for his life and was getting killed. I still don't know what we have in him but Brady could not have played well behind that line and that is a fact. And now we want Tebow, this is out of control. Woody get out and put a real owner in here that cares for his players. Will we ever have a day where we honor a player who has been with the team his entire career, like Hines Ward? BTW, great post!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

This is ridiculous.

Feel bad for Sanchez?

Yeah, my deepest sympathies to the guy who has collected millions from the Jets so far and is banging the likes of Kate Upton and Kim Kardashian...all while being nothing more than a mediocre at best QB. :rolleyes:

This kid has constantly had his hand held ever since he came into the league. The guy has NEVER seen his starting job put in jeopardy no matter how terrible he has played in the past.

You can blame the OL, you can blame Schotty, you can blame the receivers...whatever. The bottom line is the kid still makes stupid mistakes at an alarming rate. I seriously doubt that Schotty was drawing up plays against Miami designed to throw the ball directly into the hands of a 300 lb DL...not once, but twice.

Enough of this crap being worried about Sanchez's feelings. Enough of the bullsh*t.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;4406014]That't the way I see it too. I think that Tannenbaum is all about self promotion even at the expense of the team. He wants to be in the spotlight and wants to be known for big moves. His philosophy of building a team has really been proven to be a loser, and this "pursuit" of Tebow is in many ways the last straw for me. We need a real GM who will properly build a team not this idiot. And please don't use the Brick, Mangold Harris and Revis picks as evidence of his good job, most random Jets fans thrown into the Jets war room would have made the same picks.[/QUOTE]

+1

Tanny must go. Get on the bus!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4406025]Maybe we could get a swell owner like Dolan, who would have owned the Jets if Woody didn't outbid him. :eek:

Then Isiah could be the Jets GM!

[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoFo0bnoHc_eEM0jJ54QxxYHEEKx5RCxl8lhSVyT1DMxByLSuALRdyK2IB[/IMG][/QUOTE]

If Dolan bought the team Parcells does not leave after the 99 season. Dolan would have broke the bank to keep him and that would have been way better than the Herm era. At the very least the Jets would have had their own stadium in NY. Dolan's problem is that he is loyal to his people to a fault - Isiah and Alan Houston are perfect examples of this. Woody seems to be the same - Tanny is not going anywhere.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one can deny Tebow is a playmaker. He needs a role but I will always be for adding playmakers and he is a winner, no doubt about that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;4406014]That't the way I see it too. I think that Tannenbaum is all about self promotion even at the expense of the team. He wants to be in the spotlight and wants to be known for big moves. His philosophy of building a team has really been proven to be a loser, and this "pursuit" of Tebow is in many ways the last straw for me. We need a real GM who will properly build a team not this idiot. [B]And please don't use the Brick, Mangold Harris and Revis picks as evidence of his good job, most random Jets fans thrown into the Jets war room would have made the same picks.[/QUOTE][/B]

[B][SIZE="2"]This exactly!!!![/SIZE][/B]

As I stated on another thread the Jets don't have a plan and for us fans to act like they do is insanity. Take for example this flirtation with Tebow? well the whole plan is silly and here's why?

First and fore most the wildcat for which Tebow is or would be being brought into execute is a GIMMICK!!! A GIMMICK!!!

That is NO NFL team in the last 50 YEARS has won a SB [B]relying [/B]on this type of foolishness to win a SB...Period Not one. So if we want to keep not winning SBs lets impliment the wild cat and hope that we the Jets break this trend....:eek:

Second lets get this straight Jets managment is so weak that they somehow think or believe that bringing in a guy (Tebow) who wont even play that much (that is start) will somehow [B]magically[/B] strengthen the locker room.:rolleyes:

Jets managment can't be believed. One minute they are saying the locker room problems were being exaggereated and then the next "Jet sources" are saying bringing in Tebow will help stabilize the organization.

Why have a GM or a HC if you need a second year player to stablize the locker room:huh:

It is all so silly.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all do realize that the ultimate JETS hater, Manish Mehta, started this rumor... when will you all learn that the media loves to sensationalize the news...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4406084][/B]

[B][SIZE="2"]This exactly!!!![/SIZE][/B]

As I stated on another thread the Jets don't have a plan and for us fans to act like they do is insanity. Take for example this flirtation with Tebow? well the whole plan is silly and here's why?

First and fore most the wildcat for which Tebow is or would be being brought into execute is a GIMMICK!!! A GIMMICK!!!

That is NO NFL team in the last 50 YEARS has won a SB [B]relying [/B]on this type of foolishness to win a SB...Period Not one. So if we want to keep not winning SBs lets impliment the wild cat and hope that we the Jets break this trend....:eek:

Second lets get this straight Jets managment is so weak that they somehow think or believe that bringing in a guy (Tebow) who wont even play that much (that is start) will somehow [B]magically[/B] strengthen the locker room.:rolleyes:

Jets managment can't be believed. One minute they are saying the locker room problems were being exaggereated and then the next "Jet sources" are saying bringing in Tebow will help stabilize the organization.

[B]Why have a GM or a HC if you need a second year player to stablize the locker room[/B]:huh:

It is all so silly.[/QUOTE]

If I were the owner, I would have fired Rex over that debacle last year. Excuse me, you didn't realize you lost the team? You didn't have the pulse of the team, or know anything about what the offense was doing? Isn't that your responsibility? (Handing Rex a check) Here's what I owe you. Now GTF out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4406061]This is ridiculous.

Feel bad for Sanchez?

Yeah, my deepest sympathies to the guy who has collected millions from the Jets so far and is banging the likes of Kate Upton and Kim Kardashian...all while being nothing more than a mediocre at best QB. :rolleyes:

This kid has constantly had his hand held ever since he came into the league. The guy has NEVER seen his starting job put in jeopardy no matter how terrible he has played in the past.

You can blame the OL, you can blame Schotty, you can blame the receivers...whatever. The bottom line is the kid still makes stupid mistakes at an alarming rate. I seriously doubt that Schotty was drawing up plays against Miami designed to throw the ball directly into the hands of a 300 lb DL...not once, but twice.

Enough of this crap being worried about Sanchez's feelings. Enough of the bullsh*t.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4406056]Looks like someone else needs to buy a nut sack.

_[/QUOTE]

May I ask, why law..?

You could be a great nut salesman.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Just wow!

This thread is SO over the top.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should be entirely satisfied with anything short of a championship.

And I'm not suggesting (as some others regularly do) that people who question the moves made by the FO are something less than real fans.

BUT....

The past 14 years (12 of which, I believe, have been under Woody Johnson's ownership) has been THE BEST period of sustained success in this franchises entire history.

With Mike Tannenbaum as GM, the Jets have only 1 losing season out of 6.

And the Rex Ryan era boasts our only back to back AFC Championship Game appearances in the team's history. In fact, in only 3 years, Rex has brought us to half the AFCCGs we have been to in the past 4 decades.

Again, none of this is to say that there aren't problems that need to be addressed, or that there should be some jobs on the line this year. But the whining in this thread is totally out of control.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4405954]if the Jets get Tebow and he is very effectively adding a whole new wrinkle to the offense and garnering media attention taking focus away from the locker room failure and mark sanchez in a sense, will you still be complaining?

BC we all know that regardless of what the Fan GM's want and what the media says the Jets will not replace Mark with Tebow as a full time QB.[/QUOTE]

If isn't a plan. I suspect the Jets off season plan wasn't to have Denver sign Payton Manning and put Tebow on the trade block.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gsulli5861;4406076]No one can deny Tebow is a playmaker. He needs a role but I will always be for adding playmakers and he is a winner, no doubt about that.[/QUOTE]

Line up Teabag at running back, move Sanchez to WR and make McElroy the new starter.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you actually think that Tanny makes a decision

Do you actually think that Tanny makes a decision without the approval of Woody, especially when it something like trading for Tebow? This all comes from Woody. We don't have a RT and we are going to spend our cap and a draft pick on him.

What I am trying to say is let's be a class organization and go for quality instead of headlines.

Good point on the media, that very well may be true, we shall see.

I ask you all this question, who has been on this team for more that 5 years? Where is our Hines Ward who has in recent memory started with and retired a Jet? Class organizations respect their players. I love my team and always will, the way it is run is my problem and that comes from the top!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4406200]Line up Teabag at running back, move Sanchez to WR and make McElroy the new starter.[/QUOTE]

Hire Jenny Vrentas as new OC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

_[/QUOTE]

As soon as your done licking Tebow's, maybe someone else canhave a chance to buy it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4406215]As soon as your done licking Tebow's, maybe someone else canhave a chance to buy it.[/QUOTE]

LOLGFY.

I want nothing to do with Tebow.

But if you find a nut sack, get two of them, one for you and one for this whiny baby too.

Wahhhh wahhhh wahhh.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=johnnysd;4406014]That't the way I see it too. I think that Tannenbaum is all about self promotion even at the expense of the team. He wants to be in the spotlight and wants to be known for big moves[B]. His philosophy of building a team has really been proven to be a loser,[/B] and this "pursuit" of Tebow is in many ways the last straw for me. We need a real GM who will properly build a team not this idiot. And please don't use the Brick, Mangold Harris and Revis picks as evidence of his good job, most random Jets fans thrown into the Jets war room would have made the same picks.[/QUOTE]

If by "loser" you only mean, hasn't won a SB, fine. But the jets have had 1 losing season in 6 years under Tannenbaum, gone to the playoffs 3x, Gone to the AFC Championship game 2x, most would agree that the Jets made a great move to try and get a top young QB (obviously the jury is still out there, but I think most would agree that if Sanchez has been a little better, the Jets would have won another 5 games over the last 3 seasons)

I understand that the Jets haven't won a SB yet, but the overreaction on how "bad' Tannenbaum, Ryan, and even Woody as owner has been is somewhat astounding to me.

Any GM needs a certain amount of luck, skill, and talent. Tannenbaum isn't perfect, and he is overrated on this site, but the idea of, "his philosophy to build this team has been a loser" is just hyperbole.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

_[/QUOTE]

It's always about the nut sack with you. :confused:

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4406229]If by "loser" you only mean, hasn't won a SB, fine. But the jets have had 1 losing season in 6 years under Tannenbaum, gone to the playoffs 3x, Gone to the AFC Championship game 2x, most would agree that the Jets made a great move to try and get a top young QB (obviously the jury is still out there, but I think most would agree that if Sanchez has been a little better, the Jets would have won another 5 games over the last 3 seasons)

I understand that the Jets haven't won a SB yet, but the overreaction on how "bad' Tannenbaum, Ryan, and even Woody as owner has been is somewhat astounding to me.

Any GM needs a certain amount of luck, skill, and talent. Tannenbaum isn't perfect, and he is overrated on this site, but the idea of, "his philosophy to build this team has been a loser" is just hyperbole.[/QUOTE]

It's been over 40 years. The Jets looked to have the best overall team in the NFL in 08 only to crap out down the stretch. Followed in 09 by what looked to be a mean, nasty dominating D only to slip in both 10 and 11, good but not what any of us really expected certainly not a D that could carry a team to a SB.

From my POV from the peak at 8 and 3 in 08 the Jets have been in decline and have had some bad drafts. 09 we had a great D but Rex and his brother seem to have been figured out, it might well have been scheme more than personal.

This is a big offseason for Tanny. He has to get the draft right. The fact that we may well be in the Tebow hunt is a little creepy right now. It shows that we aren't focused with a real off season plan and he is throwing **** at the wall, it it's true.

The team we share a building with seems to be much more organized when it comes to having a plan and sticking with it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4406071]If Dolan bought the team Parcells does not leave after the 99 season. Dolan would have broke the bank to keep him and that would have been way better than the Herm era. [B]At the very least the Jets would have had their own stadium in NY[/B]. Dolan's problem is that he is loyal to his people to a fault - Isiah and Alan Houston are perfect examples of this. Woody seems to be the same - Tanny is not going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Dolan is the entire reason why the Jets don't have their own stadium in NY - he spent a ton of money on lobbyists to kill the West Side Stadium just because he was afraid of competition for the Garden