Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So to summarize

So to summarize

We still don't have a pass rush...our O/L has not improved and was among the worst in the NFL....we don't have a real down field threat (like Sanchez is going to have the time to find someone open) and our running game has not improved. Yep so far quite an off season

All Pro
    You don't think this is a bit premature? It's still a month before the draft.

Hall Of Fame
    AND OUR FIRST GAME IS SUNDAY!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

_

[QUOTE=rmeyer52;4406209]We still don't have a pass rush..[B].our O/L has not improved and was among the worst in the NFL[/B]....we don't have a real down field threat (like Sanchez is going to have the time to find someone open) and our running game has not improved. Yep so far quite an off season[/QUOTE]

bit of an overstatement. There is one spot that was terrible, the OL itself is solid.

But I think the draft will address this and the offseason frankly, isn't over yet.

If this is still the case in August I'll be screaming right there with you.

[QUOTE=Austin;4406219]You don't think this is a bit premature? It's still a month before the draft.[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly think we will be able to upgrade WR, RT, OLB and ILB with the draft?

All League
    tebow is gonna play olb

but back to reality, we can upgrade olb and wr in the first 2 rounds
    Last edited by JerseyJet80; 03-21-2012 at 12:03 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4406234]Do you honestly think we will be able to upgrade WR, RT, OLB and ILB with the draft?[/QUOTE]

No.

I think we'll upgrade WR and OLB in the draft.

I think based on the frivilous spending that got us the success we were all so happy with in 09-10 we don't really have the ability to upgrade every position... I think RT is going to get the shaft, and Sparano's protection schemes are going to have to make up for it.

I don't think ILB is that big of a deal.

Do you realize how insane these FA contracts have been this offseason?

Best example is just look at the Manning contract. Most is not guaranteed, but the numbers are astronomical. Meachem. Jackson. Wimbley. The list goes on. Pouha's contract is a steal compared to what's been given out.

The Jets are doing right. Tebow perplexes me, but so far they're going about their way. There's no fast fix anymore, other than Manning - and that's not even a guaranteed fix.

Free agency just started, the Jets are not in position to go after the big name guys - mainly because they've signed core players over the years. The draft is coming, and many other players will be cut that could be options.

Patience, otherwise these threads will continue, spin out of control, and make people look foolish.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4406255]Do you realize how insane these FA contracts have been this offseason?

Best example is just look at the Manning contract. Most is not guaranteed, but the numbers are astronomical. Meachem. Jackson. Wimbley. The list goes on. Pouha's contract is a steal compared to what's been given out.

The Jets are doing right. Tebow perplexes me, but so far they're going about their way. There's no fast fix anymore, other than Manning - and that's not even a guaranteed fix.

Free agency just started, the Jets are not in position to go after the big name guys - mainly because they've signed core players over the years. The draft is coming, and many other players will be cut that could be options.

Patience, otherwise these threads will continue, spin out of control, and make people look foolish.[/QUOTE]

+1

I have no problem with anything we've done this offseason... Unless we trade for Tim Tebow.

In a word, pathetic.

So you'd rather overpay for JAGs? When I look at the parallel universe that we signed all of these JAGs for huge guaranteed contracts your thread was:

"We overpaid and still don't have a pass rush... even with Player X our O/L has not improved and is among the worst in the NFL....we don't have a real down field threat, Player X is overrated and with Player X our running game has not improved. Yep so far quite an off season"

Jets are doing what Championship teams do, quietly going through the offseason. I love the Landry signing and glad we didnt over pay for a JAG like Nelson who actually got cut by the Jags before performing OK in Cincy. Would I like more signings? Of course, but what has that gotten us the last few years? Faneca was a good for a year, Bart Scott was vastly overpaid, so was Calvin Pace, IMO the two best FA aqcuisitions (not trades) we've had in recent memory were Thomas Jones and Damien Woody, both of which were not overpaid.

Let the offseason play itself out and back away from the ledge. Just because we didn't break the bank for JAGs doesn't mean none of the problems will be fixed.

When did the NFL cancel the draft and end free agency? :huh:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4406287]When did the NFL cancel the draft and end free agency? :huh:[/QUOTE]

And Nike didn't even come out with their new jerseys yet!!!

What are we going to wear Sunday?!? :eek:

F*CK--We're not ready!!!!!!

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SyracuseJet;4406287]When did the NFL cancel the draft and end free agency? :huh:[/QUOTE]

Well said! I agree with you! The Negative Nancy group is rearing its ugly head. Next they will link up with the Doom and Gloom brigade and together they will gladly proclaim "SOJ".

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m3um1a[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Is there someone in the draft of still available in FA that you feel can fill any one of our gaping holes?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4406302]And Nike didn't even come out with their new jerseys yet!!!

What are we going to wear Sunday?!? :eek:

F*CK--We're not ready!!!!!!

_[/QUOTE]

Do we even have cap space for new jerseys?!?!

We might need to restructure David Harris's contract to free up some money to go clothes shopping...

Jets Insider VIP
    Omg. Tebow is a Jet. The Sanchez lovers will stage an uprising.

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?txon42[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Austin;4406258]+1

I have no problem with anything we've done this offseason... Unless we trade for Tim Tebow.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="7"]HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4406355]Do we even have cap space for new jerseys?!?!

We might need to restructure David Harris's contract to free up some money to go clothes shopping...[/QUOTE]

We can't restructure him till August. Looks like we'll be playing all our games until then in skivvies.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=rmeyer52;4406209]We still don't have a pass rush...our O/L has not improved and was among the worst in the NFL....we don't have a real down field threat (like Sanchez is going to have the time to find someone open) and our running game has not improved. Yep so far quite an off season[/QUOTE]

Any summary that leaves out the acquisition of Tim Tebow is woefully inaccurate.

Just sayin'.