Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's already started

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets signing Tebow will divide the fanbase. Exactly what we don't need after last season.

The moment Sanchez has a poor game, all hell will break loose.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dvl7;4406977]The Jets signing Tebow will divide the fanbase. Exactly what we don't need after last season.

The moment Sanchez has a poor game, [B]all hell will break loose[/B].[/QUOTE]

I think it already has.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dvl7;4406977]The Jets signing Tebow will divide the fanbase. Exactly what we don't need after last season.

The moment Sanchez has a poor game, all hell will break loose.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Watch the candy a$$ Sanchez wilt before our eyes. And we'll have Tannendunce, Rex, and Sparano to blame for it.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/stonecoldsteveaustinfli.jpg/][IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1125/stonecoldsteveaustinfli.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4406962]OH NO! An ESPN poll says Tebow is winning the vote!!!

Well, Rex and Tony? You know what you have to do.....

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Clearly they should have run a nationwide poll before making the deal.

Then again Sanchez has lost every ESPN poll and if it was important or meant anything he would be long gone.:rolleyes:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4406994]Exactly. Watch the candy a$$ Sanchez wilt before our eyes. And we'll have Tannendunce, Rex, and Sparano to blame for it.[/QUOTE]

I have for awhile now had 100% faith in the trio of Woody, Tanny, and Rex. But this move even has me questioning them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4406994]Exactly. Watch the candy a$$ Sanchez wilt before our eyes. And we'll have Tannendunce, Rex, and Sparano to blame for it.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/stonecoldsteveaustinfli.jpg/][IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1125/stonecoldsteveaustinfli.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

Exactly. Nuked, sandbagged, railroaded, say whatever you want, Sanchez is officially done in NY with this move. Tannenbaum has screwed him.

He's going to need to come out of the gate having All Pro type games or else he'll be turned on before you have any idea what's going on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4406946]Obviously there were a variety of reasons why we underachieved.

But let's not pretend there weren't serious locker room issues. A ten year veteran called the Jets locker room the worst he'd ever been around -- and it's clear the biggest issue was locker room opinions on Mark Sanchez.

So yes, let's sign that embattled QB to an extension to show confidence, only to turn around and trade for the most polarizing media frenzy QB in the league.

This is going to RUIN the season. I really hope Rex and Sparano have a really clever plan about how to implement Tebow, and I really hope Sanchez plays well, because if not, this is going to be a complete unmitigated disaster that costs people jobs.[/QUOTE]

You're acting like we signed Kony 2012 to be our Wildcat QB, sheesh.

We signed arguably the nicest guy in the NFL. If anything, he's FAR more likely to help diffuse situations in our locker room then to cause problems.

If there's an issue, it's more outside of the locker room where you're going to have to deal with a lot of dumb media reports.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;4407105]You're acting like we signed Kony 2012 to be our Wildcat QB, sheesh.

We signed arguably the nicest guy in the NFL. If anything, he's FAR more likely to help diffuse situations in our locker room then to cause problems.

If there's an issue, it's more outside of the locker room where you're going to have to deal with a lot of dumb media reports.[/QUOTE]

It's irrelevant what Tebow will do with our locker room. His presence alone will have the fans and media alike split and clamoring for Tebow to come in the second Sanchez throws an incompletion. And when the media wants to run with a story, you can bet your @ss ignorant sheep like fans will go with them as well. The last thing this team needs is even more fans to turn on Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4406855]Just wait until Sanchez tosses his first pick-6 :eek:[/QUOTE]

Sadist

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4406757]ESPN.com frontpage poll -- who should start, Sanchez or Tebow?

Tebow winning.

This is a nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Dude this is the Jets. Knowing our luck, Sanchez will probably tear his ACL in preseason and Tebow will be starting in week 1. Would it happen any other way for this franchise? ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4406962]OH NO! An ESPN poll says Tebow is winning the vote!!!

Well, Rex and Tony? You know what you have to do.....

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Seriously, do people think Tebow will be named starter because his fans demand it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4406994]Exactly. Watch the candy a$$ Sanchez wilt before our eyes. And we'll have Tannendunce, Rex, and Sparano to blame for it.
    [/QUOTE]

If the "virtual" competition (because from a QB skills perspective there is no real competition) causes Sanchez to wilt, he should not be the Jets QB. If the only thing this move accomplishes is it shows us Sanchez is not the QB of the future, I say great. It saves me from wasting the next ten years rooting for him and the Jets can start looking for a new QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4407051]Exactly. Nuked, sandbagged, railroaded, say whatever you want, Sanchez is officially done in NY with this move. Tannenbaum has screwed him.

He's going to need to come out of the gate having All Pro type games or else he'll be turned on before you have any idea what's going on.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. They should have just cut Sanchez if they were going to go this route

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;4407105]You're acting like we signed Kony 2012 to be our Wildcat QB, sheesh.

[B]We signed arguably the nicest guy in the NFL. If anything, he's FAR more likely to help diffuse situations in our locker room then to cause problems.[/B]If there's an issue, it's more outside of the locker room where you're going to have to deal with a lot of dumb media reports.[/QUOTE]

I guess Tanny and Rex brang him in to do their dirty work to try to repair the locker room.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dvl7;4407235]It's irrelevant what Tebow will do with our locker room. His presence alone will have the fans and media alike split and clamoring for Tebow to come in the second Sanchez throws an incompletion. And when the media wants to run with a story, you can bet your @ss ignorant sheep like fans will go with them as well. The last thing this team needs is even more fans to turn on Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

My point is there's a distinction between what goes on inside the locker room, and outside the locker room. Nobody inside the locker room cares what Rich Cimini is reporting, or what public perception of the QB situation is. All that matters is what goes on inside the locker room. If Tebow can help that, we'll see, but I don't think he's going to detract from that.

And as of this morning I was worried about the effect this would have on Sanchez, but honestly, someone made a good point and made me reconsider that stance. Mark Sanchez was booed and many people wanted him benched LAST SEASON, and all we had was Mark Brunell as an alternative. It's going to boil down to Sanchez's play one way or another. If he's playing well, nobody will care about Tebow. If he's not playing well, people will want someone else, be it Tim Tebow or Drew Stanton or Greg McElroy. That's all there is to it.

But people are acting like we've unleashed a cancer on the Jets and it's kind of amusing.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 03-21-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4407280]Agreed. They should have just cut Sanchez if they were going to go this route[/QUOTE]

Cut a guy they just extended? Not saying I disagree with you, but this is just one of the many reasons why this is already turning out to be a circus. The polls have already started. Players (Cro) are already speaking out. You know for a fact that at some point during the season Tebow Nation will be pushing to get Tebow in as the starter. It's not that the team should listen, but who needs the distraction/circus?

We ALL know this is going to be a distraction during the season - rightly or wrongly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Choon328;4406803]Give me one reason why, a football reason. Also, give me one reason why adding Tebow doesn't help the team.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="3"]Because NO TEAM IN NFL HISTORY has successfullly used the wildcat consistently to win a SB!!!!![/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]NO ONE!!!![/SIZE][/B]

What about Holmes, the WRs and the down field attempts?????

Don't you think it is odd, a little odd that Jacksonvile, Ravens, Giants, NO, Miami, Steelers, BB etc didn't want this secret weapon!!!

Only the dysfunctional Jet offense knows what they are doing?

You believe that!!!!

Denver had to REDESIGN their Entire offense to get him on the field are you aware of that!!!!

This whole thing is sad.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4406855]Just wait until Sanchez tosses his first pick-6 :eek:[/QUOTE]In preseason no less;)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;4407354]My point is there's a distinction between what goes on inside the locker room, and outside the locker room. Nobody inside the locker room cares what Rich Cimini is reporting, or what public perception of the QB situation is. [B]All that matters is what goes on inside the locker room. If Tebow can help that, we'll see, but I don't think he's going to detract from that.[/B]

And as of this morning I was worried about the effect this would have on Sanchez, but honestly, someone made a good point and made me reconsider that stance. Mark Sanchez was booed and many people wanted him benched LAST SEASON, and all we had was Mark Brunell as an alternative. It's going to boil down to Sanchez's play one way or another. If he's playing well, nobody will care about Tebow. If he's not playing well, people will want someone else, be it Tim Tebow or Drew Stanton or Greg McElroy. That's all there is to it.

But people are acting like we've unleashed a cancer on the Jets and it's kind of amusing.[/QUOTE]

He still can't play football. This is simply a PR move to sell more f*cking jerseys. If they really wanted to fix the locker room problem they would have shipped Holmes's lazy @ss out after he quit on the team. Having Tebow on the team will be a huge problem. Should have signed Tebow to be a consultant if they are only worried about fixing the locker room.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Said this earlier today

Said this earlier today before the trade in a post and will say this again, don't point fingers at anyone else but the owner. What do you do if you are told to go get a guy tell him no.

This is about one thing selling tickets and has been for the past few years, if you build a great team the tickets will sell not building a circus. Right now we are no better than the fins. I have to say this is the first time in my life I can say I agree with Fatso, he was spot on and that kills me to say it. All fans and especially the Giant fans as lol their as..s off. We are a joke thanks Woody.

We need to players and we are giving away our draft picks and burning cap space, unbelievable.