Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4407067]That's right, Steve Austin. It takes TWO people to have a calm and productive dialogue.

Thank you,[B] Stone Cold! [/B]:yes:[/QUOTE]

Please, WCO. The Rattlesnake.

All Pro
    Weird story all around.

He was a surprise 1st-round selection a year ago who took over a bad team and won 7 straight games and got them into the playoffs. A few months later, he's trade for a 4th and low-round swap. If you heard those facts without knowing the names, you'd say 'impossible'.

My best hope for this is that some team loses their top two QBs early and in desperation trades us a 2nd rounder next year for Tebow. That way we turn a nice profit and call it a day on this sure-to-be circus.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4407093]You're right. Tanny/Rex/Woody/Sparano already did that.

[B]Fans wanted that guy to play and forced Denver to capitulate. Same thing will happen here. [/B]Hope you wanted Sanchez benched, because that's exactly what will happen by week four. Put it in the book.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/stonecoldsteveaustinfli.jpg/][IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1125/stonecoldsteveaustinfli.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

The difference between there and here is that we have seen Tebow play and we've seen him struggle. Logically, who is the better QB?

How can a fan chant for Tebow if Sanchez struggles, if we know that Tebow will struggle a bit too.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4407026]and who said he was going to throw the football more then 4 times max a game?[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? Do you not realize how many loyal fans Tebow has that could care less how he plays? Do you realize our stadium is going to be packed with fans (much to Woody's delight since they'll be buying tickets and jerseys) that from the moment we take the field will be chanting for Tebow? I guarantee you on opening day if Tebow is healthy there will be chants for him before the ball is even kicked off.

Tebow is not a bit player when it comes to the media and his fans. He's the leading man. EVERYTHING is going to be about Tebow now. The press all year-Why didn't we put in Tebow on the goal line, did you consider benching Sanchez after he threw a pick, does Sanchez having a good game today ease some of the tension of playing Tebow more, on and on and on... It will never end. The media knows that Tebow is a polarizing figure, and they know Tebow stories sell, and they are going to continuously push the agenda no matter what. Nobody, NOBODY, is content with Tebow touching the ball 4-8 times a game. It's just not going to fly.
    Last edited by Snell41; 03-21-2012 at 02:18 PM.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4407103]The difference between there and here is that we have seen Tebow play and we've seen him struggle. Logically, who is the better QB?[/QUOTE]

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. This team has no logic. 100% T-Bone will be our starter by week four. Put..it...in..the...book.

[QUOTE=rhyan66;4407068]Not worked up, just disappointed... The boy cant throw the football at a pro-level!!![/QUOTE]

This is a seriousl question - when Tebow was coming out of UF and Dever drafted him, didn't they see him workout at the combine? I have to imagine the FO saw something in him besides his running ability. The kid can throw the ball, albeit, not accurately..... . Not sure it will ever change but what im trying to say is Denver had to have seen throwing ability before drafting the kid.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4407115]Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. This team has no logic. 100% T-Bone will be our starter by week four. Put..it...in..the...book.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I'm not talking about the team's logic. I'm talking about OUR logic.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4407099]Really? Interesting. I beg to differ, but you seem to be steadfast.[/QUOTE]

I wish I saw the positives in this.

[QUOTE=Snell41;4407113]Are you kidding? [B]Do you not realize how many loyal fans Tebow has that could care less how he plays? [/B]Do you realize our stadium is going to be packed with fans (much to Woody's delight since they'll be buying tickets and jerseys) that from the moment we take the field will be chanting for Tebow? I guarantee you on opening day if Tebow is healthy there will be chants for him before the ball is even kicked off.[/QUOTE]

And what percentage of the fan base will that be? 5%?

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4407021]If Sanchez plays well it will be a brilliant move. Tebow will become a luxury for the offense.

If Sanchez blows, then things will get ugly.

I am having a hard time deciding whether this move shows the FO has confidence in Sanchez or if this move shows that the FO has no faith in him.[/QUOTE]

This is where I get a little confused. If Sanchez is terrible, then things will get ugly with Tebow or Drew Stanton or Greg McElroy. So of those three, who is the most likely to win games? I'd say Tebow. So for a 4th rounder, I make the deal and gear up for the firestorm of short term negative reaction. Then I proceed to figure out the best way to utilize his talents to help the Jets to win games.

Can't be enough!!!!!

I'm sorry, for anyone who thinks you can't talk about the "Tebowmania" aspect of this deal is just plain ignorant.

From an X's and O's standpoint, it doesn't make great sense. You just signed Stanton and gave him $500K, McIlroy looked promising last preseason, and now you have a 4th QB? For the wildcat? How often do you run it in a game? 5-6 times max? At least with Brad Smith, he played receiver and special teams (WELL) along with the wildcat (same with Kerley). But Tebow is here JUST for 5-6 snaps a game? And you give up a 4th and 6th rounder to boot? Seriously? Makes NO sense.

Don't forget the Salary Cap. We are strapped as it is, need a Right Tackle, Need a middle linebacker, need another safety, and need a COUPLE outside rush backers. Where are we getting the money for that now that we just added $2 a year to our roster for a guy who's going to give us 5 snaps a game?

Then, from the Tebowmania aspect of it, it's a TOTAL trainwreck. We were sort of the joke of the league before on how transparently we craved attention and headlines... I love Rex... LOVE HIM... but the act was getting old and time to change a bit. This is the opposite. It's a step back from re-establishing legitimacy as a franchise.

Then, you talk about the locker room. Tebow is probably the most polarizing athlete since Barry Bonds. You either love him or hate him. It's going to be the same way in the locker room. Some will hate Sanchez and want Tebow, and others will want the opposite. Same with the fans... first bad game Sanchez has? Guess what, it's Tebow time all over again.

It will, not could, but WILL, destroy what little confidence Sanchez still has left. The "contract extension" was meant to help boost him confidence that the team was behind him... this move will do everything to knock him back down.

There is quite literally ZERO chance that this move has any positive affects for the team moving forward. ZERO.

Worst move in franchise history... maybe worst move in SPORTS history.

I am neutral on the move, the deal is very cap friendly, 4th rd and a 6th rd, a tad high, but 6ths dont pan out as much as 4ths do...

the cap freindly nature of the deal is interesting.

ther emight be teams calling for this guy moving forward who knows, denver had a fire sale, maybe jax or insert other team will have a changet of heart and give up a 2nd next year...

not a bad one year flyer, gut check for sanchez and the whole organization..

why not

nobody said being a jets fan was going to be easy...

i like the guy as a football player, not as a qb, let's see what pans out, could be fun... who knows...

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4407130]I wish I saw the positives in this.[/QUOTE]

Well, besides the obvious Wildcat thing.

He can play TE and RB. He can throw from the RB position.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4406969]I am tired of this rhetoric. For anyone who wants to reasonably talk about this move, come to this thread.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://morethandice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/gainusa-attention-whore.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4407124]Huh? I'm not talking about the team's logic. I'm talking about OUR logic.[/QUOTE]

Look, I don't want to fight with you or anyone else. I don't like this T-Bone move. My reaction is as valid as that of folks like you who dig it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;4407005]No..

Because I disagree with the move but am not retarded and flipping out like most of the people here.

For me it all comes down to the investment... Tebow has some positives. We aren't paying him a ton and we didn't have to give up a ton. Because of that, I see it as stupid to get all worked up about it.[/QUOTE]

I also think it's a stupid move, but I'll keep my head straight and try to figure out what the Jets are thinking.

Part of me thinks they're just doing it for attention, but I really don't want to believe that's the truth.

So they want to light a fire under Sanchez and find out one way or the other if he has the onions to make it. In this case, they appear to be willing to risk it all to find out. If Sanchez fails, this team and this front office will be blown up.

They might think he is just going to be the Wildcat guy, but we all know right now that isn't going to happen unless Sanchez is virtually perfect this season.

There isn't anybody out there who can say this move is fool-proof. There is a major disaster risk here, and quite frankly it is unnecessary.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Snell41;4407113]Are you kidding? Do you not realize how many loyal fans Tebow has that could care less how he plays? Do you realize our stadium is going to be packed with fans (much to Woody's delight since they'll be buying tickets and jerseys) that from the moment we take the field will be chanting for Tebow? I guarantee you on opening day if Tebow is healthy there will be chants for him before the ball is even kicked off.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They put up billboards in Denver for him to play, you dont think they are going to start chanting for him at the games??

The only positive I see is that it will be a lot easier selling some of my tickets this year.

[QUOTE=Foley21;4407139]I'm sorry, for anyone who thinks you can't talk about the "Tebowmania" aspect of this deal is just plain ignorant.

From an X's and O's standpoint, it doesn't make great sense. You just signed Stanton and gave him $500K, McIlroy looked promising last preseason, and now you have a 4th QB? For the wildcat? How often do you run it in a game? 5-6 times max? At least with Brad Smith, he played receiver and special teams (WELL) along with the wildcat (same with Kerley). But Tebow is here JUST for 5-6 snaps a game? And you give up a 4th and 6th rounder to boot? Seriously? Makes NO sense.

Don't forget the Salary Cap. We are strapped as it is, need a Right Tackle, Need a middle linebacker, need another safety, and need a COUPLE outside rush backers. Where are we getting the money for that now that we just added $2 a year to our roster for a guy who's going to give us 5 snaps a game?

Then, from the Tebowmania aspect of it, it's a TOTAL trainwreck. We were sort of the joke of the league before on how transparently we craved attention and headlines... I love Rex... LOVE HIM... but the act was getting old and time to change a bit. This is the opposite. It's a step back from re-establishing legitimacy as a franchise.

Then, you talk about the locker room. Tebow is probably the most polarizing athlete since Barry Bonds. You either love him or hate him. It's going to be the same way in the locker room. Some will hate Sanchez and want Tebow, and others will want the opposite. Same with the fans... first bad game Sanchez has? Guess what, it's Tebow time all over again.

It will, not could, but WILL, destroy what little confidence Sanchez still has left. The "contract extension" was meant to help boost him confidence that the team was behind him... this move will do everything to knock him back down.

There is quite literally ZERO chance that this move has any positive affects for the team moving forward. ZERO.

[B]Worst move in franchise history... maybe worst move in SPORTS history.[/B][/QUOTE]

This is what I mean by overreaction.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4407151]Exactly. [B]They put up billboards in Denver for him to play,[/B] you dont think they are going to start chanting for him at the games??

The only positive I see is that it will be a lot easier selling some of my tickets this year.[/QUOTE]

Yes in Denver. What percentage of the Jets fan base do you think these "cultists" will take up. 5%?

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4407103]The difference between there and here is that we have seen Tebow play and we've seen him struggle. Logically, who is the better QB?

How can a fan chant for Tebow if Sanchez struggles, if we know that Tebow will struggle a bit too.[/QUOTE]

Tebow fans don't care. This site is going to have a huge influx of new members. Tebow fans are going to flood the stadium. They're not Jets fans, they're Tebow fans just like Favre had a huge contingent of fans. They are going to be chanting and doing everything they can to see him play, including booing Sanchez at every turn. It's now one giant disgusting circus.