Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see this move as more positives than negatives...

The Jets have a new lockerroom leader and a very versatile, multi-talented athlete. He can raise our wildcat offense from the ashes and I think he will be tremendous on special teams.

I just hope this move doesn't point to Tebow competing with Sanchez for the starting QB job. For all of great things Tebow does, he is not a good QB. He's a nice wrinkle to add to any gameplan, but he is not a guy you can hang your hat on and say we're going to win the SB. In that regard, I would much rather have Sanchez being the QB.

I just see this move as the Jets getting better on offense and ST. It doesn't matter that the guy is Tim Tebow, it could be f*cking Rory Sparrow for all I care. The namesake means absolutely nothing to me, and I think that is the real issue that everyone has with this trade.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Long Suffering Jets Fan;4408541]All sideshow talk aside:

We got a game changing young player with exceptional athletic ability for a fourth round pick. He has no injury issues, a tremendous work ethic, inspires people around him and leads by example and as far as I know didn't have any issues with any of the players in Denver.

In addition he changes our vanilla offense to something more dynamic and unpredictable.

One of the concerns is that he is going to overshadow Mark Sanchez and I think this is valid. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Actually it may take some of the pressure off of Sanchez.

Only about half of the first round picks in this league ever amount to anything, never mind the the fourth. Let's get a FA WR (Braylon?) or two, and go OLB, OT, WR in the draft, and perhaps OG in the fifth and see what happens.

No matter where Tebow goes people laugh at him, yet he's done nothing but produce. I think it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Good post.

He would come in to perform the same function as brad smith. Wildcat once in a blue moon and a great red zone option. There just needs to be a statement from the very beginning that there is no battle for the qb position. Sanchez is the starter barring injury. Tebow would be a change of pace player.

I'm probably going to get bashed for this post, but what the heck, it's a forum and I feel like speaking my mind.

I absolutely hate this move and here's why:

1. I personally can't stand all this Tebow hype, the thought of him on the Jets makes me sick

2. I can't stand how we toss away draft picks each year, and I don't want to hear "it's just a 4th round pick", if I'm not mistaken I believe we found Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes and Brad Smith in the 4th round. There's talent to be found in all rounds and I don't like the fact that we're always trading away lower round picks

3. Tim Tebow is not a quarterback, period. That means we're bringing in him for Wildcat purposes I'm assuming? Why is that needed when we have someone perfectly capable in Kerley? Hell, we could bring in Ronnie Brown or any # of other people to serve this purpose (if he hasn't been signed yet, not that advocating this)

4. I truly believe this move was made for marketing purposes/hype, to steal the back of the newspapers and bring the attention our way, not for the betterment of our team

Again, something else people don't want to hear, take a good look at the Giants, they value all their drafts picks and have found incredible players in rounds 1-7 as well as UDFA (like Cruz). I'm a firm believer in building your organization through the draft and valuing all your picks. This is how depth is built. In order to be a contender every year with the salary cap, this type of model is needed. Look at the Giants, Ravens and Steelers to name a few. All very well run organizations, built through the draft with solid depth.

Anyways, it's not the end of the world, I guess since I've been a long suffer Jets fan I'd like to see things changed, and these types of moves don't sit well with me.

Here's hoping to a great season in 2012!

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4408590]I see this move as more positives than negatives...

The Jets have a new lockerroom leader and a very versatile, multi-talented athlete. He can raise our wildcat offense from the ashes and I think he will be tremendous on special teams.

I just hope this move doesn't point to Tebow competing with Sanchez for the starting QB job. For all of great things Tebow does, he is not a good QB. He's a nice wrinkle to add to any gameplan, but he is not a guy you can hang your hat on and say we're going to win the SB. In that regard, I would much rather have Sanchez being the QB.

I just see this move as the Jets getting better on offense and ST. It doesn't matter that the guy is Tim Tebow, it could be f*cking Rory Sparrow for all I care. The namesake means absolutely nothing to me, and I think that is the real issue that everyone has with this trade.[/QUOTE]

Good sensible post.

Jets Insider VIP
    speaking as one who is about as unreligious as a human being can be....

F the religious hatred expressed for the last few days. Time to welcome Tim Tebow to the New York Jets and enjoy the vastly improved Wildcat package plays we will get to experience all next season

A fourth round pick and we get back a sixth from Denver is a bargain for this player based just on the athletic ability we saw vs the Jets last year, not to mention doing the same thing in the playoffs against the Steelers

WELCOME TO THE NEW YORK JETS, TIM

[QUOTE=bcess;4408593]Good post.

He would come in to perform the same function as brad smith. Wildcat once in a blue moon and a great red zone option. There just needs to be a statement from the very beginning that there is no battle for the qb position. Sanchez is the starter barring injury. Tebow would be a change of pace player.[/QUOTE]

I think that statement's coming. I also expect that Tebow will not in anyway take away the spotlight from Sanchez, which means he probably won't take interviews after the game.

Hey at 6'3" and 240 Lbs and the mobility he bring to the table he may not be a bad choice for some two TE sets. Keller is 6'2" 250, Gronkowski is 6'5" 255, Hernandez 6'2" 245. Some interesting possibilities.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 03-21-2012 at 09:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4407007][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/stonecoldsteveaustinfli.jpg/][IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1125/stonecoldsteveaustinfli.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

Only on JI can Stone Cold Steve Austin and Tim Tebow be in the same thread. LOL!!!!

the jets organization is a total JOKE. 40+ yrs of misery continues. TEBLOW heads to NY

[QUOTE=tehprince;4408685]I'm probably going to get bashed for this post, but what the heck, it's a forum and I feel like speaking my mind.

I absolutely hate this move and here's why:

1. I personally can't stand all this Tebow hype, the thought of him on the Jets makes me sick

2. I can't stand how we toss away draft picks each year, and I don't want to hear "it's just a 4th round pick", if I'm not mistaken I believe we found Leon Washington, Kerry Rhodes and Brad Smith in the 4th round. There's talent to be found in all rounds and I don't like the fact that we're always trading away lower round picks

3. Tim Tebow is not a quarterback, period. That means we're bringing in him for Wildcat purposes I'm assuming? Why is that needed when we have someone perfectly capable in Kerley? Hell, we could bring in Ronnie Brown or any # of other people to serve this purpose (if he hasn't been signed yet, not that advocating this)

4. I truly believe this move was made for marketing purposes/hype, to steal the back of the newspapers and bring the attention our way, not for the betterment of our team

Again, something else people don't want to hear, take a good look at the Giants, they value all their drafts picks and have found incredible players in rounds 1-7 as well as UDFA (like Cruz). I'm a firm believer in building your organization through the draft and valuing all your picks. This is how depth is built. In order to be a contender every year with the salary cap, this type of model is needed. Look at the Giants, Ravens and Steelers to name a few. All very well run organizations, built through the draft with solid depth.

Anyways, it's not the end of the world, I guess since I've been a long suffer Jets fan I'd like to see things changed, and these types of moves don't sit well with me.

Here's hoping to a great season in 2012![/QUOTE]

I thought I was the long suffering Jets fan? I agree with all you said on the draft picks, but I like this move. This guy is not a nobody he is proven athletic, dynamic playmaker that can revolutionize our offense, but as you said not a QB. The Jets will need to manage the media circus (if they even want to), or this experiment will fail. Sanchez still needs to be the face of the franchise.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=bigdanNJ;4409070]the jets organization is a total JOKE. 40+ yrs of misery continues. TEBLOW heads to NY[/QUOTE]

You're riight. He didn't win at the high school college or pro level, he has horrible work ethic and is selfish, oh wait

[QUOTE=Long Suffering Jets Fan;4409111]I thought I was the long suffering Jets fan? I agree with all you said on the draft picks, but I like this move. This guy is not a nobody he is proven athletic, dynamic playmaker that can revolutionize our offense, but as you said not a QB. The Jets will need to manage the media circus (if they even want to), or this experiment will fail. Sanchez still needs to be the face of the franchise.[/QUOTE]

lol
    revolutionzie our offense? the wildcat or remenants of the wildcat has been around since 1930s

the only thing he is going to revolutionize is being the first QB that cant actually pass

[QUOTE=TheOne;4409137]lol
    revolutionzie our offense? the wildcat or remenants of the wildcat has been around since 1930s

the only thing he is going to revolutionize is being the first QB that cant actually pass[/QUOTE]

Revolutionize may be a bit strong, I'll give you that...

At best he'll be 3rd string QB, but his value to the team will be as the new Brad Smith.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Long Suffering Jets Fan;4409111]I thought I was the long suffering Jets fan? I agree with all you said on the draft picks, but I like this move. This guy is not a nobody he is proven athletic, dynamic playmaker that can revolutionize our offense, but as you said not a QB. The Jets will need to manage the media circus (if they even want to), or this experiment will fail. Sanchez still needs to be the face of the franchise.[/QUOTE]

The "secret sauce" with Tebow is the excitement level goes up when he goes in. That would be a nice counter to crowd noise in road games; and at home it would be electric...assuming he is utilized correctly.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4407091]If the Jets drafted Tebow in the 4th round 2 years ago, I wouldn't have been upset.

Since then Tebow has show he can, at least, run out of the wildcat and get 5 Yards/Carry. Now the Jets are investing a 4th round pick.

I didn't want him because of the distraction, but Tebow in a vacuum is worth more than a 4th round pick.[/QUOTE]

Can't argue that, it's just such a circus. This off the field stuff can affect the on the field stuff, that's the problem.