Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading Tebow to the Jaguars for Lowery seems logical...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Trading Tebow to the Jaguars for Lowery seems logical...

Maybe I'm reaching by have this wishful thinking, but I do think it's rather reasonable... The Jaguars were mentioned to be highly interested in Tebow... maybe Tannenbaum has some friends in the Broncos FO that helped us out because they knew how much the Jaguars wanted him... I don't know, but I do know Mike is a pretty clever GM as proof of the Landry and Sanchez contracts... I just hope this is just a small move in order to make a big move.. Or else I'll just be happy watching the JETS rack up wins this coming season, while I growl every time the camera flashes Tebow on the sideline with a JETS ball cap on...

Just my $0.02...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Jesus!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure that's it !! :yes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHaaaaaa????? YOU don't do that after sending a 4th and 6th round pick to a team for a player they were going to eventually cut anyhow just to trade him somewhere else. This isn't Madden Xbox football. The Jets front office is a mess.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Wiggy;4407148]WHaaaaaa????? YOU don't do that after sending a 4th and 6th round pick to a team for a player they were going to eventually cut anyhow just to trade him somewhere else. This isn't Madden Xbox football. The Jets front office is a mess.[/QUOTE]

Im not really understanding what you mean... You do know that we received a 7th round pick as well(for what it's worth)... why not trade for Lowery who can definitely play FS, a position of need for us... I remember Lowery doing pretty good playing Safety(he saved us vs the Vikings in that rainy Sunday Night game in '10)... I'm really just trying to find some optimism in a murky situation...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have it

Tim Tebow and the 7th for Dwight Lowery and the 6th.

It makes perfect sense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or tanny just wants to destroy the jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Jax wanted Tebow they could have had him. Even that attention starved team realized it was a bad move.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;4407259]Or tanny just wants to destroy the jets[/QUOTE]

It was a good move by the Broncos. They figure they could trade a ticking time bomb to the Jets and destroy their season without even having to play them. Well played John Elway. Well played.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4407265]If Jax wanted Tebow they could have had him. Even that attention starved team realized it was a bad move.[/QUOTE]

Not if denver was asking for a higher price. Bringing that notion of the Broncos being afraid that Tebow would succeed in J'ville and couse backlash for the Broncos. And add the fact that Tebow supposedly wanted to go there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that was going to happen, it would have happened in a 3 way trade.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4407265]If Jax wanted Tebow they could have had him. Even that attention starved team realized it was a bad move.[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, the reason he was traded to the Jets was damage control - the Bronco’s know his use will be limited here...

You think they want risk seeing Tebow starting for another team next year and having any success?

Their crazy fans would be pissed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4407274]It was a good move by the Broncos. They figure they could trade a ticking time bomb to the Jets and destroy their season without even having to play them. Well played John Elway. Well played.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha best response I've seen today

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4407312]On the contrary, the reason he was traded to the Jets was because the Bronco’s know his use will be limited.

You think they want risk seeing Tebow starting for another team next year and having any success?

Their fans would be pissed.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Its like Green Bay putting in the clause in Farve trade that we dont flip him to the Vikings

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Monsterxman;4407312]On the contrary, the reason he was traded to the Jets was damage control - the Bronco’s know his use will be limited here...

Their crazy fans would be pissed.[/QUOTE]

The Broncos brought in Manning, they could care less where Tebow went. They know what he is, thats why they were so happy to rid themselves of him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4407274]It was a good move by the Broncos. They figure they could trade a ticking time bomb to the Jets and destroy their season without even having to play them. Well played John Elway. Well played.[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest, with or without this move, how big of a threat were we going to be in the AFC this season anyway? We certainly don't have the look of a SB contender

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HoustonJET;4407109]Maybe I'm reaching by have this wishful thinking, but I do think it's rather reasonable... The Jaguars were mentioned to be highly interested in Tebow... maybe Tannenbaum has some friends in the Broncos FO that helped us out because they knew how much the Jaguars wanted him... I don't know, but I do know Mike is a pretty clever GM as proof of the Landry and Sanchez contracts... I just hope this is just a small move in order to make a big move.. Or else I'll just be happy watching the JETS rack up wins this coming season, while I growl every time the camera flashes Tebow on the sideline with a JETS ball cap on...

Just my $0.02...[/QUOTE]

so u draft lowery, then trade him for nothing, then trade for tebow for a 4th and 6th then trade tebow for re-acquire lowery?
    NO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Wiggy;4407148]WHaaaaaa????? YOU don't do that after sending a 4th and 6th round pick to a team for a player they were going to eventually cut anyhow just to trade him somewhere else. This isn't Madden Xbox football. The [B]Jets front office is a mess.[/B][/QUOTE]

huh? a poster suggested it not Mike T.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4407347][B]The Broncos brought in Manning, they could care less where Tebow went. [/B] They know what he is, thats why they were so happy to rid themselves of him.[/QUOTE]

Really? what about those Tebow fanatics you speak of?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4407417]so u draft lowery, then trade him for nothing, then trade for tebow for a 4th and 6th then trade tebow for re-acquire lowery?
    NO.[/QUOTE]

In order to fill a position of need with a person familiar with our defensive system, of course, why not?... They considered, for a few seconds, Jerricho coming back... Picking up Lowery(and his contract) to play FS would easily replace the 4th round pick we gave up... and the 7th round pick we got from the Broncos in exchange for our 6th is small change considering the relatively small amount of stars that come that late in the draft...