Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Obama Fans

Question for Obama Fans

OK in the past week two interesting developments came together. David Corn's new pro-Obama book details a "secret strategy" by the Obama team to simply ignore the deficit and debt crisis in order to demonize whatever plan the GOP comes up with.

Then yesterday on Greta Axelrod admits that the reason the Dems in the Senate have not passed a budget in 3 years is the same political motivation.

Essentially while the GOP is offering up solutions to our long term structural deficit issues and putting them in writing for the country to review the Obama administration has made a strategic decision to simply ignore the issue and then ram an unvetted plan down the country's throat like they did with Obamacare.

My question for the libs is the following: Are you happy with the Obama strategy of not sharing his plans for dealing with the structural deficit? Do you prefer the Obama strategy of waiting until after the election to enact a plan which the voters have no chance to vote on?

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4407393]Do you prefer the Obama strategy of waiting until after the election to enact a plan which the voters have no chance to vote on?[/QUOTE]

Since when do voters vote on economic plans? :confused:

[QUOTE=FF2®;4407731]Since when do voters vote on economic plans? :confused:[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Try harder and come up with a reasonable response...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4407853]:rolleyes:

Try harder and come up with a reasonable response...[/QUOTE]

Was there a reasonable question?

FF's answer is telling. So what I got from it is that liberals don't want to know about economic plans or budgets. They trust their elected officials to handle that stuff. Whatever they (elected official) wants to do is fine by them.

Is that what you mean FF?

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4408132]FF's answer is telling. So what I got from it is that liberals don't want to know about economic plans or budgets. They trust their elected officials to handle that stuff. Whatever they (elected official) wants to do is fine by them.

Is that what you mean FF?[/QUOTE]

No.

Fortunately we have a system set up so the President doesn't just snap his fingers and change what he wants.

Unless you think the GOP will get right on board with what he wants, them being so accommodating and all.

I am sure they will have somethin' to say about his big secret plan to ruin the country.
    Last edited by FF2®; 03-21-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4408132]So what I got from it is that liberals don't want to know about economic plans or budgets. They trust their elected officials to handle that stuff. Whatever they (elected official) wants to do is fine by them.[/QUOTE]

Your "people" decided to fight a war and not put the numbers in the ledger. Had they done that, their "budgets" would have the same nosedive that Mein Oba-ührer has in his.

You know...I can claim that I make a sh*tload of money a year and am worth alot if I don't include my expenses for my mortgage, car payment, utilities and groceries.

I'm rich, b*tch :P:D

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4408617]Your "people" decided to fight a war and not put the numbers in the ledger. Had they done that, their "budgets" would have the same nosedive that Mein Oba-ührer has in his.

You know...I can claim that I make a sh*tload of money a year and am worth alot if I don't include my expenses for my mortgage, car payment, utilities and groceries.

I'm rich, b*tch :P:D[/QUOTE]

Evyone is being called out, either you hate Obama or love him eternally, there is nothing in the middle.

[QUOTE=cr726;4408877]Evyone is being called out, either you hate Obama or love him eternally, there is nothing in the middle.[/QUOTE]

yes, if you don't want Mitt Romney you must worship Obama.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2®;4407925]Was there a reasonable question?[/QUOTE]

You could really do better than this.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4409330]You could really do better than this.[/QUOTE]

Explain how if you call yourself a conservative (not saying you), cons get to sit here and pretend they understand everything better than everyone who isn't a self proclaimed conservative. It's all black and white and anything perceived as gray is liberal gibberish.

All League
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4407393]OK in the past week two interesting developments came together. David Corn's new pro-Obama book details a "secret strategy" by the Obama team to simply ignore the deficit and debt crisis in order to demonize whatever plan the GOP comes up with.

Then yesterday on Greta Axelrod admits that the reason the Dems in the Senate have not passed a budget in 3 years is the same political motivation.

Essentially while the GOP is offering up solutions to our long term structural deficit issues and putting them in writing for the country to review the Obama administration has made a strategic decision to simply ignore the issue and then ram an unvetted plan down the country's throat like they did with Obamacare.

My question for the libs is the following: Are you happy with the Obama strategy of not sharing his plans for dealing with the structural deficit? Do you prefer the Obama strategy of waiting until after the election to enact a plan which the voters have no chance to vote on?[/QUOTE]

Can we see the context please with Axelrod on Greta? I can't find that interview.

And someone makes a claim about knowing the political motivations of the current President in a book called "Showdown: The Inside Story of How Obama Fought Back Against Boehner, Cantor, and the Tea Party (William Morrow)" and you believe it?

Do ya read Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity's books and take what they think people's motivations are seriously?

All Pro
    Obama squandered a perfect opportunity to implement some much needed, common sense reform in a number of areas. After one term we are basically left with a status quo plutarchy and a bigger safety net during a major economic downturn.

In terms of budgets and economic plans, Obama and the Democrats have been underwhelming at best. They lack vision, strategy, and specifics. The extent of the allegations in this book are uncertain, but they do reinforce the notion of a deeply partisan and divided Washington. It's ugly and counterproductive no matter which side is doing it.

To date, the Obama administration, operating under a Constitutional responsibility to protect the United States, has instead attacked or crippled coal, oil, investment banking, religion, automobiles and the rich.

He and his cronies have side-stepped Constitutional obligations to Congress and to the American people, passed legislation that destroys citizens' liberties and routinely select laws they will enforce and which they will ignore. They are even now, taking steps to ensure that the President has authority to assassinate American citizens.

The Obama administration is out of control and can now be officially declared a regime.

Why has no action been taken against this rogue regime and its supreme ruler? The answer is unclear, though a public brawl with the country's first black President offers little upside. Also, the powers that be may have decided that in an election year, [B]better to bite the tongue and wait to see if the American voters can remove him without public bloodletting[/B]. What is clear is that the supreme ruler's blatant disregard for the Constitution is unprecedented. It is also grievously disrespectful to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country and it is leading America down a very dangerous path.

[url]http://www.nolanchart.com/article9475-the-dawn-of-a-dictatorship.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4409595]Can we see the context please with Axelrod on Greta? I can't find that interview.

And someone makes a claim about knowing the political motivations of the current President in a book called "Showdown: The Inside Story of How Obama Fought Back Against Boehner, Cantor, and the Tea Party (William Morrow)" and you believe it?

Do ya read Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity's books and take what they think people's motivations are seriously?[/QUOTE]

LOL LOL LOL

David Corn, the author, is a liberal [I]supporter[/I] of Obama. The guy wrote a book called The Lies of George Bush.

He wrote this book to paint Obama in a positive light. He actually believed this portion of it was a good reflection on the administration. It is backfiring.

Yeah, he's the same as Hannity and Beck. :rolleyes: Get a clue.

Its interesting that all our Democrat friends here did not answer the question. It seems straight forward to me. The Obama team has stated that they aren't going to go public with a budget. They have readily admitted that politically they believe their reelection chances are better by ignoring budgets and letting the GOP put out plans which they bash. This is fact admitted by Obama's team on more than one occasion and confirmed by Corn's book.

Safety, you question the validity of these facts. You only need to open show a link to the Obama's deficit reduction plan to disprove these facts. 3 years of no budgets proposed in a Democrat controlled Senate is further proof that this is a strategic decision.

Again my question for Democrats is the following: Are you comfortable with your party making a strategic decision not to share their plans with the public but rather to wait until after the elections to shove an unvetted plan down our throats similar to Obamacare? Would you prefer to have both parties put their plans on the table and let the people decide?

Edit: Another interesting tidbit. The CBO scored Obama's proposed buffet rule for taxing the rich by a minimum of 30%. It raises approximately 46Billion per year on average. The deficit is currently on target for an average of 1 trillion dollars per year. If Obama gets the buffet rule passed the deficit will be reduced to approximately 957Billion per year for the next 10. All things being equal we will be 27Trillion in the hole by 2022 and we will be paying interest on the debt in the range of 1trillion plus yearly. In effect it is a clearly unsustainable debt level that will lead to economic meltdown. Both parties know this. Anyone with understanding of the situation knows that major changes are necessary.

I repeat my original thought. Knowing that major budgetary changes are needed would you prefer that political leaders
    A) Put a plan on the table and allow the people to vote on it.
    b) Keep their plans to themselves, wait for the election, then once the voting is done unveil the plans on an unsuspecting public.
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 03-22-2012 at 10:27 AM.

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4409595]Can we see the context please with Axelrod on Greta? I can't find that interview.

Do ya read Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity's books and take what they think people's motivations are seriously?[/QUOTE]

Here is the clip of Axelrod on Bret Bair's show. Sorry I thought it was Great.

[url]http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/21/axelrod-senate-dems-havent-passed-a-budget-in-three-years-because-er-the-theater-of-politics-or-something/[/url]

Pay particular attention to the part where Axelrod blames their lack of a budget or a plan on "they have to deal with the theater of politics"
    Your point on books written by conservatives is invalid. Corn is a Progressive and maniacal Obama supporter. The "secret strategy" he mentions in the book has been confirmed in multiple left wing sources.
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 03-22-2012 at 10:35 AM.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4410379]Again my question for Democrats is the following: Are you comfortable with your party making a strategic decision not to share their plans with the public but rather to wait until after the elections to shove an unvetted plan down our throats similar to Obamacare? Would you prefer to have both parties put their plans on the table and[B] let the people decide?[/B][/QUOTE]

This isn't how it works. Again the people don't vote on budget plans. They vote for the candidate they believe is best for a country on a number of issues. If Republicans want to run for election and have what they think is a better plan, thats certainly within their rights.

Can you explain to me how an unvetted plan gets shoved down our throats? Is there not a system in place including Republicans that decides this? Or does the president get to decide the budget all by himself?

[QUOTE=FF2®;4410425]This isn't how it works. Again the people don't vote on budget plans. They vote for the candidate they believe is best for a country on a number of issues. If Republicans want to run for election and have what they think is a better plan, thats certainly within their rights.

Can you explain to me how an unvetted plan gets shoved down our throats? Is there not a system in place including Republicans that decides this? Or does the president get to decide the budget all by himself?[/QUOTE]

Huh? People don't vote for economic plans? Please speak for yourself. An unvetted plan got shoved down out throats already with Obamacare. The country is at a crossroads. We are sitting on Trillion dollar deficits that are only scheduled to grow. This is nonpartisan fact. The question is what can we do about it. The GOP put up a bipartisan plan. It will pass in the House. The Democrats can do the same in the Senate. Let the people then review and decide which plan they prefer. That's how democracy works. As a voter regardless of party I want to see the cards on the table and let the people decide. It seems like you prefer secrecy and political gamesmanship. Odd for a voter if you ask me.

All League
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4410159]LOL LOL LOL

David Corn, the author, is a liberal [I]supporter[/I] of Obama. The guy wrote a book called The Lies of George Bush.

He wrote this book to paint Obama in a positive light. He actually believed this portion of it was a good reflection on the administration. It is backfiring.

Yeah, he's the same as Hannity and Beck. :rolleyes: Get a clue.[/QUOTE]

That's [I]exactly [/I]what Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly do in their books, but the guy they were supporting was George W Bush.

Oh I get it, you thought I thought he was a Conservative ripping the President - no my issue was with hackery.

Reread my last post, you'll get it a second time...