Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Obama Fans

:rotfl: at Obama bootlickers.

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4410573]That's [I]exactly [/I]what Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly do in their books, but the guy they were supporting was George W Bush.

Oh I get it, you thought I thought he was a Conservative ripping the President - no my issue was with hackery.

Reread my last post, you'll get it a second time...[/QUOTE]

This post makes no sense whatsoever. Corn is an unreliable source because he is pro Obama? Huh?

Back to the original point, as a voter do you prefer that your party put up an economic plan that the voters can vote on or do you prefer secrecy and playing politics during an election year and springing a surprise plan on the electorate after the votes are cast?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4410573]That's [I]exactly [/I]what Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly do in their books, but the guy they were supporting was George W Bush.

Oh I get it, you thought I thought he was a Conservative ripping the President - no my issue was with hackery.

Reread my last post, you'll get it a second time...[/QUOTE]

Nope. Your post still doesn't make sense.

Nice try in backtracking, though.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4410489]Huh? People don't vote for economic plans? Please speak for yourself. An unvetted plan got shoved down out throats already with Obamacare. The country is at a crossroads. We are sitting on Trillion dollar deficits that are only scheduled to grow. This is nonpartisan fact. The question is what can we do about it. The GOP put up a bipartisan plan. It will pass in the House. The Democrats can do the same in the Senate. Let the people then review and decide which plan they prefer. That's how democracy works. As a voter regardless of party I want to see the cards on the table and let the people decide.[/QUOTE]

When have you ever "voted for an economic plan"?

When I go to the polls I just see guys names.:confused:

Who needs a economic plan just spend and spend some more and then blame the rich for not paying their fair share!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4411137]Who needs a economic plan just spend and spend some more and then [B]blaim[/B] the rich for not paying their fair share![/QUOTE]

blaime?

SRSLY?

All League
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4410631]This post makes no sense whatsoever. Corn is an unreliable source because he is pro Obama? Huh?

Back to the original point, as a voter do you prefer that your party put up an economic plan that the voters can vote on or do you prefer secrecy and playing politics during an election year and springing a surprise plan on the electorate after the votes are cast?[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten to the interview yet, I'll check it out when I get home.

As for Corn, his books would be on the same shelf as O'Reilly, Hannity, Coulter, Olberman at your local bookstore/library.

Those books are the worst type of political sh*t.

His book is called "Showdown: The Inside Story of How Obama Fought Back Against Boehner, Cantor, and the Tea Party" - which by the way, [B]JetPotato[/B], I wrote the title in my first post in this thread, and a title like that is clearly in support of Obama... but I digress - and he's claiming he knows something about the President's motivations.

I'm inherently skeptical of that.

Corn is speculating, Chiefs. And considering neither of us have read the book (correct?) then why are you using it as proof of anything?

Again, I'll checkout the interview when I get a chance. Just don't see why this douchebag's book, which smells a lot like other piles of **** that would be shelved together under "Liberals and Conservatives demonize each other for profit, attributing motives to people they never met" section, has you believing it.

Just because the guy is pro Obama, doesn't mean he's right about Obama's motivations.

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4411356]I haven't gotten to the interview yet, I'll check it out when I get home.

As for Corn, his books would be on the same shelf as O'Reilly, Hannity, Coulter, Olberman at your local bookstore/library.

Those books are the worst type of political sh*t.

His book is called "Showdown: The Inside Story of How Obama Fought Back Against Boehner, Cantor, and the Tea Party" - which by the way, [B]JetPotato[/B], I wrote the title in my first post in this thread, and a title like that is clearly in support of Obama... but I digress - and he's claiming he knows something about the President's motivations.

I'm inherently skeptical of that.

Corn is speculating, Chiefs. And considering neither of us have read the book (correct?) then why are you using it as proof of anything?

Again, I'll checkout the interview when I get a chance. Just don't see why this douchebag's book, which smells a lot like other piles of **** that would be shelved together under "Liberals and Conservatives demonize each other for profit, attributing motives to people they never met" section, has you believing it.

Just because the guy is pro Obama, doesn't mean he's right about Obama's motivations.[/QUOTE]

This is nothing new. The "secret strategy" was mentioned at the time of the debt ceiling debacle in many articles. We even know which factions within Obama's staff promoted compromise and which promoted the "secret plan". Now we have an interview with Axelrod just this past Tuesday in which he admits that the reason the Senate has not proposed a budget in three years is due to "political theater".

Finally the ultimate proof is the lack of an economic plan out of the Obama administration. This is a tactic they are using to win reelection. They believe that if they show their true plans the electorate will run away screaming.

Let me be clear. The Buffet rule has been scored at 46 billion per year. The Bush Tax Cuts in total have been scored at under 200 billion. We now know that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan add approximately 100billion per year. Where does the other 700billion come from? Even worse is that the boomers are just now starting to hit retirement. The retirement entitlement costs are rising exponentially. Essentially even if we enact massive tax hikes on EVERYONE we still cant control the deficit. Major structural spending changes are necessary. The longer we wait the more painful this stuff will be. Our country's greatness hangs in the balance. This issue is too big to be stuffed down the country's throat. Only a vote in a Presidential election can decide which direction we go. People can vote to keep the spending as it is and enact massive tax hikes to the tune of double the current tax burden or we can cut the waste and spending. It is a simple choice that needs to be put to a vote.

All League
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4411495]This is nothing new. The "secret strategy" was mentioned at the time of the debt ceiling debacle in many articles. We even know which factions within Obama's staff promoted compromise and which promoted the "secret plan". Now we have an interview with Axelrod just this past Tuesday in which he admits that the reason the Senate has not proposed a budget in three years is due to "political theater".

Finally the ultimate proof is the lack of an economic plan out of the Obama administration. This is a tactic they are using to win reelection. They believe that if they show their true plans the electorate will run away screaming.

Let me be clear. The Buffet rule has been scored at 46 billion per year. The Bush Tax Cuts in total have been scored at under 200 billion. We now know that the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan add approximately 100billion per year. Where does the other 700billion come from? Even worse is that the boomers are just now starting to hit retirement. The retirement entitlement costs are rising exponentially. Essentially even if we enact massive tax hikes on EVERYONE we still cant control the deficit. Major structural spending changes are necessary. The longer we wait the more painful this stuff will be. Our country's greatness hangs in the balance. This issue is too big to be stuffed down the country's throat. Only a vote in a Presidential election can decide which direction we go. People can vote to keep the spending as it is and enact massive tax hikes to the tune of double the current tax burden or we can cut the waste and spending. It is a simple choice that needs to be put to a vote.[/QUOTE]

I watched it, Axelrod was squirming, but the President can propose but not pass budgets and senate democrats have been playing politics.

It's sh*tty, but I don't see how it's Obama's fault or secret plan.

I'm unhappy the democrats have failed to come up with a budget and negotiate in good faith. Having seen the Republican plan I understand that the Democrats are winning the political argument with this strategy.

What's disappointing is the Republicans could have put the Democrats on the defensive by simply supporting Simpson Bowles. Putting the President in the position of having to personally diss his own commissions plan would have been good politics. By putting out a competing plan the Republicans put themselves on the defensive and took the Democrats off the hook.

In politics it's about politics. The Republicans have been outmaneuvered.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4417836]I'm unhappy the democrats have failed to come up with a budget and negotiate in good faith. Having seen the Republican plan I understand that the Democrats are winning the political argument with this strategy.

What's disappointing is the Republicans could have put the Democrats on the defensive by simply supporting Simpson Bowles. Putting the President in the position of having to personally diss his own commissions plan would have been good politics. By putting out a competing plan the Republicans put themselves on the defensive and took the Democrats off the hook.

In politics it's about politics. The Republicans have been outmaneuvered.
    .[/QUOTE]

Are we looking for solutions to the country's problems or to win the next election?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4417869]Are we looking for solutions to the country's problems or to win the next election?[/QUOTE]

Obvious answer to that one :cool:

[QUOTE=Trades;4417869]Are we looking for solutions to the country's problems or to win the next election?[/QUOTE]

We will have two candidates with a different vision running. The will both have an opportunity to get their message out. They are competing visions not some utopian ideal that we might want.

We collectively have decidely different ideas about what solutions to apply, we don't even have the same idea of what the problems are.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4410489]Huh? People don't vote for economic plans? Please speak for yourself. An unvetted plan got shoved down out throats already with Obamacare. The country is at a crossroads. We are sitting on Trillion dollar deficits that are only scheduled to grow. This is nonpartisan fact. The question is what can we do about it. The GOP put up a bipartisan plan. It will pass in the House. The Democrats can do the same in the Senate. Let the people then review and decide which plan they prefer. That's how democracy works. As a voter regardless of party I want to see the cards on the table and let the people decide. It seems like you prefer secrecy and political gamesmanship. Odd for a voter if you ask me.[/QUOTE]
    the GOP SHOULD lay out their budget figures; and their MO. Their boy Bush decided it was in our best interests; here's a chance to do right by the American public (:rotfl:)...

[QUOTE=SafetyBlitz;4417812]I watched it, Axelrod was squirming, but the President can propose but not pass budgets and senate democrats have been playing politics.

It's sh*tty, but I don't see how it's Obama's fault or secret plan.[/QUOTE]

The President is the leader of the free world. He can get Senate Democrats to pass whatever budget he wants. You are intentionally covering your eyes on this one. It is plain as day. They don't want you to see their plan because if you did you wouldn't like it. Or worse, they have no plan.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4418147]the GOP SHOULD lay out their budget figures; and their MO. Their boy Bush decided it was in our best interests; here's a chance to do right by the American public (:rotfl:)...[/QUOTE]

Google RYAN Plan 2012. The GOP has presented their bipartisan budget. The Senate Democrats have 3 years of no budgets. Oh and it only takes 51 votes to pass a budget in the Senate so whats the excuse?

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4418219]Google RYAN Plan 2012. The GOP has presented their bipartisan budget. The Senate Democrats have 3 years of no budgets. Oh and it only takes 51 votes to pass a budget in the Senate so whats the excuse?[/QUOTE]

Republican Scott Brown, remember him? He's against Ryan's budget.

Having no plan is very wrong. The Democrats have no plan but just plan on spending more then we take in. The Democratic Montra We Came We Saw We Spent and spent some more.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;4418329]Republican Scott Brown, remember him? He's against Ryan's budget.[/QUOTE]

Point?

That's rhetorical, BTW. I don't ever expect you to form a coherent answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Frequent Flyer;4409971]To date, the Obama administration, operating under a Constitutional responsibility to protect the United States, has instead attacked or crippled coal, oil, investment banking, religion, automobiles and the rich.

He and his cronies have side-stepped Constitutional obligations to Congress and to the American people, passed legislation that destroys citizens' liberties and routinely select laws they will enforce and which they will ignore. They are even now, taking steps to ensure that the President has authority to assassinate American citizens.

The Obama administration is out of control and can now be officially declared a regime.

Why has no action been taken against this rogue regime and its supreme ruler? The answer is unclear, though a public brawl with the country's first black President offers little upside. Also, the powers that be may have decided that in an election year, [B]better to bite the tongue and wait to see if the American voters can remove him without public bloodletting[/B]. What is clear is that the supreme ruler's blatant disregard for the Constitution is unprecedented. It is also grievously disrespectful to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country and it is leading America down a very dangerous path.

[url]http://www.nolanchart.com/article9475-the-dawn-of-a-dictatorship.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Most awesome post I've read in awhile. :cool: