Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warren Sapp says Jeremy Shockey snitched about bounties

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Warren Sapp says Jeremy Shockey snitched about bounties

[QUOTE]Warren Sapp ‏ @QBKILLA Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    BINGO! RT @elnicastro: Shockey..? RT QBKILLA: Just Heard Who The Snitch Was[/QUOTE]

WOW this is truly a crazy day in sports

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4407734]WOW this is truly a crazy day in sports[/QUOTE]

Wow...figures. Shockey seems like that kind of guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And so he should have....and good on Goodall for lowering the boom.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4407738]Wow...figures. Shockey seems like that kind of guy.[/QUOTE]

A decent professional? Not really, but good for him, if it's true he went up in my book.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Shockey knew about it but Brees didn't? Brees is a piece of crap too. Don't know how this guy is still a rep for the Players Union.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shockey is denying it on twitter like its nobody's business. Also wasn't the source a non-player?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isnt this hurricane or hurricane crime?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    good for him!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ciaran;4407766]A decent professional? Not really, but good for him, if it's true he went up in my book.[/QUOTE]

No, a guy who would snitch on his team mates.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shockey needs to go sleep
    with the fishes.
    What a piece of trash.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Santonio;4407881]Shockey needs to go sleep
    with the fishes.
    What a piece of trash.[/QUOTE]

That's not the haiku format

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys sound like prison inmates. What about someones moral obligation to report that kind of behavior.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Warren snitched on Jeremy? :(

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    good for him for doing the right thing

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4408005]You guys sound like prison inmates. What about someones moral obligation to report that kind of behavior.[/QUOTE]

Foolish comment... So you're giving a guy who witnessed the inner workings of the bounty system for possibly the 3 years he was there yet he said NOTHING a pass?... C'mon man... Shockey wanted to reap the benefits and chose to keep his mouth shut... but once he got shipped out of N.O., and more than likely developed ill feelings towards them as he did the Giants, he felt it was now okay to throw guys under the bus... That's low life... and thats the selfish mentality America as a whole has... Im gonna use you for what your worth and spit you out when i'm done milking you... Documented throughout history...

I believe in being proactive to situations rather than reactive... anybody willing to give Shockey a pass for being reactive to the bounty system years after first witnessing it, is just as bad as he is...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HoustonJET;4408071]Foolish comment... So you're giving a guy who witnessed the inner workings of the bounty system for possibly the 3 years he was there yet he said NOTHING a pass?... C'mon man... Shockey wanted to reap the benefits and chose to keep his mouth shut... but once he got shipped out of N.O., and more than likely developed ill feelings towards them as he did the Giants, he felt it was now okay to throw guys under the bus... That's low life... and thats the selfish mentality America as a whole has... Im gonna use you for what your worth and spit you out when i'm done milking you... Documented throughout history...

I believe in being proactive to situations rather than reactive... anybody willing to give Shockey a pass for being reactive to the bounty system years after first witnessing it, is just as bad as he is...[/QUOTE]

how do you know he didn't say anything or do anything to try and stop it while he was there? the NFL apparently sent out multiple memos about it, telling them may have been his final recourse. Also he doesn't play defense so how did he "reap the benefits of it?"

If you think whistleblowers are the problem with America you are a complete dummy (and ironically those are actually the problem with America)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4408090]how do you know he didn't say anything or do anything to try and stop it while he was there? the NFL apparently sent out multiple memos about it, telling them may have been his final recourse. Also he doesn't play defense so how did he "reap the benefits of it?"

If you think whistleblowers are the problem with America you are a complete dummy (and ironically those are actually the problem with America)[/QUOTE] Dummies or whisleblowers?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4408090]how do you know he didn't say anything or do anything to try and stop it while he was there? the NFL apparently sent out multiple memos about it, telling them may have been his final recourse. Also he doesn't play defense so how did he "reap the benefits of it?"

If you think whistleblowers are the problem with America you are a complete dummy (and ironically those are actually the problem with America)[/QUOTE]

How did he reap the benefits you ask? He did participate and play for the Saints the year they won the Super Bowl, correct? The Saints had a great season in part because of their opportunistic defense(the supposed year the Bounty was developed in N.O.)

How do I know that he didn't say anything? I don't and neither do you, but why did it take all this time to become exposed... it's coming out years after he FIRST recognized what was going on with the Saints defense... If you see a problem it needs to be nipped in the bud from jump, it defeats the purpose of keeping a tight lip only to be told at a later time... years later...

As far as your foolish whistleblower comment... my bad Captain America I didn't mean to pick on the faults we as a country have... There's nothing wrong with this country... I guess that's why we don't have hate crimes, and why we don't bully other countries... yeah that's right...
    Last edited by HoustonJET; 03-21-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HoustonJET;4408192]How did he reap the benefits you ask? He did participate and play for the Saints the year they won the Super Bowl, correct? The Saints had a great season in part because of their opportunistic defense(the supposed year the Bounty was developed in N.O.)

How do I know that he didn't say anything? I don't and neither do you, but why did it take all this time to become exposed... it's coming out years after he FIRST recognized what was going on with the Saints defense... If you see a problem it needs to be nipped in the bud from jump, it defeats the purpose of keeping a tight lip only to be told at a later time... years later...

As far as your foolish whistleblower comment... my bad Captain America I didn't mean to pick on the faults we as a country have... There's nothing wrong with this country... I guess that's why we don't have hate crimes, and why we don't bully other countries... yeah that's right...[/QUOTE]

where did I say America has no faults?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4408220]where did I say America has no faults?[/QUOTE]

You didn't Captain America... from your comments though, I'm assuming that's how you feel... just the same as you assumed i'm a dummy for whatever reason...