Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Namath chimes in

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,593

    Namath chimes in

    Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, who led the Jets to their only Super Bowl title in 1969, was among those unhappy with the trade.

    "I'm just sorry that I can't agree with this situation. I think it's just a publicity stunt. I can't go with it. I think it's wrong," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York. "I don't think they know what they're doing over there."

    Asked if he hoped the deal would ultimately fall through, Namath said, "Absolutely."

    "And I'm a Tim Tebow fan, but I'm a bigger Jet fan than I am a Tim Tebow fan," Namath said


    JOE WILLIE GETS IT

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,921
    Kinda surpirsed to be honest......thought he would actually like the trade for whatever reason.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,539
    If Joe really made that deal with the Devil, the contract is due

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    40
    I'll be honest. I can't stand this guy anymore. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Jets, but you don't see all-time Yankee greats bashing moves they make.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew Free or Die View Post
    I'll be honest. I can't stand this guy anymore. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Jets, but you don't see all-time Yankee greats bashing moves they make.
    That's because they are all still on the payroll

    Joe is critical but he also praises..Just hasn't had much to praise the past 12 months

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,162
    Thats because the yankees are still winning world series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew Free or Die View Post
    I'll be honest. I can't stand this guy anymore. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Jets, but you don't see all-time Yankee greats bashing moves they make.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew Free or Die View Post
    I'll be honest. I can't stand this guy anymore. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Jets, but you don't see all-time Yankee greats bashing moves they make.
    The Yankees have a better history with making smart moves. Hard for a former Yankee to bash when they have 27 Rings.

    Tannenbaum is a complete idiot.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,852
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    That's because they are all still on the payroll

    Joe is critical but he also praises..Just hasn't had much to praise the past 12 months
    I agree with you all the way!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    40
    alright how about Cal Ripken and Brooks Robinson. The Orioles are a mess, don't hear a peep out of them. Heck what about Tom Seaver?

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    That's because they are all still on the payroll

    Joe is critical but he also praises..Just hasn't had much to praise the past 12 months
    Should I do my "Joe can say what he wants, but deserves what he gets" tirade?

    That makes things better, Joe. Tell us how bad things are.

    Thanks for your support.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,483
    at least joe namath tells it like it is. if he doesnt like a pick, or trade, he tells you. doesent play the homer

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Should I do my "Joe can say what he wants, but deserves what he gets" tirade?

    That makes things better, Joe. Tell us how bad things are.

    Thanks for your support.
    ^This.

    I know Namath loves the Jets, I believe that. But doesn't he realize that coming out and talking like this is just pushing the Jets deeper into their already gargantuan hole? Give it a few days, man. They've got enough on their plate for today.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Namath was the TO and OchoCinco of the 60's and 70's.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew Free or Die View Post
    I'll be honest. I can't stand this guy anymore. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Jets, but you don't see all-time Yankee greats bashing moves they make.

    LOL you compare an organization with 26 WSC's to the Jets?

    Now that is funny..

  15. #15
    At least he cares about the Jets, and I wholeheartedly agree with his statement.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,540
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    LOL you compare an organization with 26 WSC's to the Jets?

    Now that is funny..
    27. Just sayin'.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, who led the Jets to their only Super Bowl title in 1969, was among those unhappy with the trade.

    "I'm just sorry that I can't agree with this situation. I think it's just a publicity stunt. I can't go with it. I think it's wrong," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York. "I don't think they know what they're doing over there."

    Asked if he hoped the deal would ultimately fall through, Namath said, "Absolutely."

    "And I'm a Tim Tebow fan, but I'm a bigger Jet fan than I am a Tim Tebow fan," Namath said


    JOE WILLIE GETS IT
    ABRIDGED VERSION....

    JETS front office has no ability to evaluate, draft and mentor talent.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Namath was the TO and OchoCinco of the 60's and 70's.
    Not even close......

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148
    I love Joe but i disagree with him here. I love the tebow move. But i respect joes honesty.

  20. #20
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    301
    I disagree with Joe Namath, but I respect the fact that he tells it the way it is. He always has.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us