Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Namath chimes in

Jets Insider VIP

Namath chimes in

Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, who led the Jets to their only Super Bowl title in 1969, was among those unhappy with the trade.

"I'm just sorry that I can't agree with this situation. I think it's just a publicity stunt. I can't go with it. I think it's wrong," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York. "I don't think they know what they're doing over there."

Asked if he hoped the deal would ultimately fall through, Namath said, "Absolutely."

"And I'm a Tim Tebow fan, but I'm a bigger Jet fan than I am a Tim Tebow fan," Namath said

JOE WILLIE GETS IT

All League
    Kinda surpirsed to be honest......thought he would actually like the trade for whatever reason.

If Joe really made that deal with the Devil, the contract is due

I'll be honest. I can't stand this guy anymore. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Jets, but you don't see all-time Yankee greats bashing moves they make.

[QUOTE=Brew Free or Die;4408546]I'll be honest. I can't stand this guy anymore. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Jets, but you don't see all-time Yankee greats bashing moves they make.[/QUOTE]

That's because they are all still on the payroll :D

Joe is critical but he also praises..Just hasn't had much to praise the past 12 months

Thats because the yankees are still winning world series.[QUOTE=Brew Free or Die;4408546]I'll be honest. I can't stand this guy anymore. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Jets, but you don't see all-time Yankee greats bashing moves they make.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Brew Free or Die;4408546]I'll be honest. I can't stand this guy anymore. I don't want Tebow anywhere near the Jets, but you don't see all-time Yankee greats bashing moves they make.[/QUOTE]

The Yankees have a better history with making smart moves. Hard for a former Yankee to bash when they have 27 Rings.

Tannenbaum is a complete idiot.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4408565]That's because they are all still on the payroll :D

Joe is critical but he also praises..Just hasn't had much to praise the past 12 months[/QUOTE]

I agree with you all the way!

alright how about Cal Ripken and Brooks Robinson. The Orioles are a mess, don't hear a peep out of them. Heck what about Tom Seaver?

[QUOTE=C Mart;4408565]That's because they are all still on the payroll :D

Joe is critical but he also praises..Just hasn't had much to praise the past 12 months[/QUOTE]

Should I do my "Joe can say what he wants, but deserves what he gets" tirade?

That makes things better, Joe. Tell us how bad things are.

Thanks for your support.

at least joe namath tells it like it is. if he doesnt like a pick, or trade, he tells you. doesent play the homer

[QUOTE=John_0515;4408591]Should I do my "Joe can say what he wants, but deserves what he gets" tirade?

That makes things better, Joe. Tell us how bad things are.

Thanks for your support.[/QUOTE]

^This.

I know Namath loves the Jets, I believe that. But doesn't he realize that coming out and talking like this is just pushing the Jets deeper into their already gargantuan hole? Give it a few days, man. They've got enough on their plate for today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Namath was the TO and OchoCinco of the 60's and 70's.

LOL you compare an organization with 26 WSC's to the Jets?

Now [B]that[/B] is funny..

At least he cares about the Jets, and I wholeheartedly agree with his statement.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ASH_1962;4408688]LOL you compare an organization with 26 WSC's to the Jets?

Now [B]that[/B] is funny..[/QUOTE]

27. Just sayin'.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;4408515]Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, who led the Jets to their only Super Bowl title in 1969, was among those unhappy with the trade.

"I'm just sorry that I can't agree with this situation. I think it's just a publicity stunt. I can't go with it. I think it's wrong," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" on ESPN1050 in New York. "I don't think they know what they're doing over there."

Asked if he hoped the deal would ultimately fall through, Namath said, "Absolutely."

"And I'm a Tim Tebow fan, but I'm a bigger Jet fan than I am a Tim Tebow fan," Namath said

JOE WILLIE GETS IT[/QUOTE]

ABRIDGED VERSION....
    [SIZE="6"]
    JETS front office has no ability to evaluate, draft and mentor talent.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4408630]Namath was the TO and OchoCinco of the 60's and 70's.[/QUOTE]

Not even close......:mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    I love Joe but i disagree with him here. I love the tebow move. But i respect joes honesty.

I disagree with Joe Namath, but I respect the fact that he tells it the way it is. He always has.