Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tannenbaum needs to be removed as the GM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Tannenbaum needs to be removed as the GM.

I've never been impressed by this guy as a GM. Seriously, what are his qualifications as a talent evaluator? I don't think he even has a football background. The guy's a freakin' accountant. I'd be fine if he were the cap guru of years past but his decisions in the past couple of off-seasons have left me scratching my head.

He might be the "GM" in name only. I think he defers to Rex on a lot of the personnel decisions. It's good that they're sympatico but the GM should identify the needs on a team and come up with solutions. He should be deciding which players to get, not just facilitating ways to trade for players that the coach wants.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should apply for the job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teng;4408658]I've never been impressed by this guy as a GM. Seriously, what are his qualifications as a talent evaluator? I don't think he even has a football background. The guy's a freakin' accountant. I'd be fine if he were the cap guru of years past but his decisions in the past couple of off-seasons have left me scratching my head.

He might be the "GM" in name only. I think he defers to Rex on a lot of the personnel decisions. It's good that they're sympatico but the GM should identify the needs on a team and come up with solutions. He should be deciding which players to get, not just facilitating ways to trade for players that the coach wants.[/QUOTE]

I am betting WOODY pushed this on him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4408757]I am betting WOODY pushed this on him.[/QUOTE]

If that is true he is a disgrace of an owner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are right. Where is Bradway? Now there is a football guy!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teng;4408658]I've never been impressed by this guy as a GM. Seriously, what are his qualifications as a talent evaluator? I don't think he even has a football background. The guy's a freakin' accountant. I'd be fine if he were the cap guru of years past but his decisions in the past couple of off-seasons have left me scratching my head.

He might be the "GM" in name only. I think he defers to Rex on a lot of the personnel decisions. It's good that they're sympatico but the GM should identify the needs on a team and come up with solutions. He should be deciding which players to get, not just facilitating ways to trade for players that the coach wants.[/QUOTE]

What is the point of this thread?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][SIZE="5"]FAVRE WAS AN OWNERSHIP DECISION

REX WAS AN OWNERSHIP DECISION

MOVING UP IN DRAFT FOR SANCHEZ WAS AN OWNERSHIP DECISION

MANNING WAS AN OWNERSHIP DECISION

TEBOW IS AN OWNERSHIP DECISION[/SIZE][/B]

All the above had as much to do with the business of football as they did with the game of football. Woody says what he wants and tells Tanny to make it happen.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I don't think that's the case. I think Rex, Sparano, and Tanny were all in agreement on acquiring Tebow. Heck, I'm down with trading for him, but not this way, getting HIM and then NOT getting him and then trying to get him again...
    Last edited by Refuel; 03-21-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Getting HIM, not them. Stupid fingers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This screams Woody. This is a money making venture. Selling Jerseys, making copies.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=david1023;4408756]You should apply for the job.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably be just as qualified since I've got a background in finance. And your post adds nothing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's true, then Tanny's got no integrity and is just a freakin' yes man.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offense, but I'm not even reading your post. Complete overreaction.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teng;4408780]If that's true, then Tanny's got no integrity and is just a freakin' yes man.[/QUOTE]

STFU twerp.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4408759]If that is true he is a disgrace of an owner.[/QUOTE]

Wanting your team to be relevant is a disgrace :rolleyes:.
    Misguided & uninformed yes....but a disgrace?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe this was a Woody decision. He is too busy lately stumping for Romney.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Refuel;4408767] Heck, I'm down with trading for him, but not this way, getting [SIZE="7"]them[/SIZE] and then NOT getting him and then trying to get him again...[/QUOTE]

Are we trading for more than one player? Im confused...:eek:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teng;4408780]If that's true, then Tanny's got no integrity and is just a freakin' yes man.[/QUOTE]

Tanny is Woody's employee, not his friggin' friend.
    Next time your boss asks you to do something, refuse and see how it goes, tang.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, cause I'm sure you don't hesitate to put your boss in his place when it's warranted. And this is the NFL, GMs answer to the OWNERs, not some mid-level boss.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GandWFan;4408762]You are right. Where is Bradway? Now there is a football guy![/QUOTE]

Yeah, he is a football guy and Tanny was still okay with him being on the team even after taking over his job. What does that tell you about Tanny? His predecessor screwed up royally, but he still wanted him along to hold his hand. It's because Tanny can't evaluate talent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    any way you cut it, the Jets are a mess right now. I blame Woody AND Tannenbaum.