Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tannenbaum needs to be removed as the GM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4408797]Tanny is Woody's employee, not his friggin' friend.
    Next time your boss asks you to do something, refuse and see how it goes, tang.[/QUOTE]

First of all, you are assuming Woody's the one pushing for Tebow. That might be the case but we just don't know. And I'm not suggesting that Tanny say to Woody, "Shut up. You old fart." But he should try to explain to Woody how Tebow adds NOTHING to the team. He could also say the Jags beat him out for Tebow's services.

And FYI, my boss respects what I bring to the job enough to listen to my advice. Sorry that's not the case for you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    jets are a total JOKE. 40+ yrs of misery continues

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4408805]any way you cut it, the Jets are a mess right now. I blame Woody AND Tannenbaum.[/QUOTE]

We are undefeated right now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I nominate football guru teng to be the GM of the Jets. Obviously his proven football management skills are much better than those of Tannenbaum or any of the other GMs

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am usually a pretty optimistic Jet fan. I believed that we'd have a nice bounce back year after I knew the Jets would take a step back. I don't like this move at all. Questionable beyond belief. Jets really didn't need Tebow and see it now as a publicity thing.

Rex and Tanny will be gone by the end of next season. Shame on Rex for allowing this to happen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4409108]I am usually a pretty optimistic Jet fan. I believed that we'd have a nice bounce back year after I knew the Jets would take a step back. I don't like this move at all. Questionable beyond belief. Jets really didn't need Tebow and see it now as a publicity thing.

Rex and Tanny will be gone by the end of next season. Shame on Rex for allowing this to happen.[/QUOTE]

totally agree, by the end of 2012, woody will fire rex and tanny. 40+ yrs of misery continues

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bigdanNJ;4409133]totally agree, by the end of 2012, woody will fire rex and tanny. 40+ yrs of misery continues[/QUOTE]

Ok ok, you don't have to keep putting 40+ years of misery continues in every post. :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    strange really that all those who wallow continuously about their 40 years of misery should choose to continue to be miserable....

maybe they missed most of the last 14 seasons since 1997 when the Jets have been far from miserable because they were too busy wallowing instead of watching

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4408805]any way you cut it, the Jets are a mess right now. I blame Woody AND Tannenbaum.[/QUOTE]

You're usually a good poster

Please tell me, with reason, how the hell the Jets are a mess?

The only mess that exists is the BULL**** spewed by the jet hating media all day!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GandWFan;4408762]You are right. Where is Bradway? Now there is a football guy![/QUOTE]

I almost choked when I read that, LOL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4409091]We are undefeated right now.[/QUOTE]

Not really.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lighten up, Francis.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah! he's got no football background!

...except for those 15+ years in football of course.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sanchez 3:16;4409311]yeah! he's got no football background!

...except for those 15+ years in football of course.[/QUOTE]

While everyone was busy calling him a moron for not reading the contract he was saving his boss $2.5 million because he DID read the contract and knew he could out poker Denver.

He saw a justifiable negotiation point in the $5 mil payback clause and went for it. That was salary we were obligated to pay but he made them cut it in half. I'm missing how that makes him a bad GM?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear he called jamarcus russell and wants to bring him in for a visit

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetman67;4408792]I don't believe this was a Woody decision. He is too busy lately stumping for Romney.[/QUOTE]

Tebow is a Mormon must have been Romney?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have given them the 5 mil to keep the 4th rounder[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4409393]While everyone was busy calling him a moron for not reading the contract he was saving his boss $2.5 million because he DID read the contract and knew he could out poker Denver.

He saw a justifiable negotiation point in the $5 mil payback clause and went for it. That was salary we were obligated to pay but he made them cut it in half. I'm missing how that makes him a bad GM?[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teng;4408780]If that's true, then Tanny's got no integrity and is just a freakin' yes man.[/QUOTE]

Show me any GM who doesn't listen to what the owner(s) want and I will show you a former NFL GM who is probably doing tv/radio.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4409216]The only mess that exists is the BULL**** spewed by the jet hating media all day![/QUOTE]

As usual, you are dead-on! While I was highly critical of Tebow during the season, he is an upgrade to the backup position. Also makes the Jets wildcat that much more dangerous.