Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Tannenbaum needs to be removed as the GM.

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Tanny is Woody's employee, not his friggin' friend.
    Next time your boss asks you to do something, refuse and see how it goes, tang.
    First of all, you are assuming Woody's the one pushing for Tebow. That might be the case but we just don't know. And I'm not suggesting that Tanny say to Woody, "Shut up. You old fart." But he should try to explain to Woody how Tebow adds NOTHING to the team. He could also say the Jags beat him out for Tebow's services.

    And FYI, my boss respects what I bring to the job enough to listen to my advice. Sorry that's not the case for you.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,483
    jets are a total JOKE. 40+ yrs of misery continues

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    any way you cut it, the Jets are a mess right now. I blame Woody AND Tannenbaum.
    We are undefeated right now.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,780
    I nominate football guru teng to be the GM of the Jets. Obviously his proven football management skills are much better than those of Tannenbaum or any of the other GMs

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    I am usually a pretty optimistic Jet fan. I believed that we'd have a nice bounce back year after I knew the Jets would take a step back. I don't like this move at all. Questionable beyond belief. Jets really didn't need Tebow and see it now as a publicity thing.

    Rex and Tanny will be gone by the end of next season. Shame on Rex for allowing this to happen.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I am usually a pretty optimistic Jet fan. I believed that we'd have a nice bounce back year after I knew the Jets would take a step back. I don't like this move at all. Questionable beyond belief. Jets really didn't need Tebow and see it now as a publicity thing.

    Rex and Tanny will be gone by the end of next season. Shame on Rex for allowing this to happen.
    totally agree, by the end of 2012, woody will fire rex and tanny. 40+ yrs of misery continues

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    totally agree, by the end of 2012, woody will fire rex and tanny. 40+ yrs of misery continues
    Ok ok, you don't have to keep putting 40+ years of misery continues in every post.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,780
    strange really that all those who wallow continuously about their 40 years of misery should choose to continue to be miserable....

    maybe they missed most of the last 14 seasons since 1997 when the Jets have been far from miserable because they were too busy wallowing instead of watching

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    17,749
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    any way you cut it, the Jets are a mess right now. I blame Woody AND Tannenbaum.
    You're usually a good poster

    Please tell me, with reason, how the hell the Jets are a mess?

    The only mess that exists is the BULL**** spewed by the jet hating media all day!

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,538
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    You are right. Where is Bradway? Now there is a football guy!
    I almost choked when I read that, LOL.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Not Scout
    Posts
    9,051
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We are undefeated right now.
    Not really.

  12. #32
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Lighten up, Francis.

  13. #33
    yeah! he's got no football background!




    ...except for those 15+ years in football of course.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    yeah! he's got no football background!




    ...except for those 15+ years in football of course.
    While everyone was busy calling him a moron for not reading the contract he was saving his boss $2.5 million because he DID read the contract and knew he could out poker Denver.

    He saw a justifiable negotiation point in the $5 mil payback clause and went for it. That was salary we were obligated to pay but he made them cut it in half. I'm missing how that makes him a bad GM?

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    I hear he called jamarcus russell and wants to bring him in for a visit

  16. #36
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I don't believe this was a Woody decision. He is too busy lately stumping for Romney.
    Tebow is a Mormon must have been Romney?

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,162
    I would have given them the 5 mil to keep the 4th rounder
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    While everyone was busy calling him a moron for not reading the contract he was saving his boss $2.5 million because he DID read the contract and knew he could out poker Denver.

    He saw a justifiable negotiation point in the $5 mil payback clause and went for it. That was salary we were obligated to pay but he made them cut it in half. I'm missing how that makes him a bad GM?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    If that's true, then Tanny's got no integrity and is just a freakin' yes man.
    Show me any GM who doesn't listen to what the owner(s) want and I will show you a former NFL GM who is probably doing tv/radio.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The only mess that exists is the BULL**** spewed by the jet hating media all day!
    As usual, you are dead-on! While I was highly critical of Tebow during the season, he is an upgrade to the backup position. Also makes the Jets wildcat that much more dangerous.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us