Thread: The Media Crapstorm Is Going to Be Unlike Anything You've Ever Seen

The Media Crapstorm Is Going to Be Unlike Anything You've Ever Seen

I'm a Tebow Fan. I'm a Jets Fan. And I Hate. This. Move.

If this were a fourth-round pick for a guy with the exact same measurables and track record as Tebow, but who was named, say, Jim Jebow, I would think it was a nice football move. Versatile slash-back and backup QB, good locker room guy. But I'm afraid the sky-is-falling Jets fans are right on this one. What this move says about our organizational priorities is concerning. And the media crapstorm is going to be unlike anything we've seen. You think the New York press is going to take an interest in contrasting the social lives of Tebow and Sanchez much? You think they're going to look for any wedge to get between them? For anything to make Tebow look like a hypocrite? For anything to make Sanchez look like a playboy who doesn't care as much as Tebow?

Think Favre mixed with the A-Rod/Jeter feud, mixed with the coke-fueled Mets of the late 80s, mixed with, say, the three worst reality shows on Bravo.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Hmm, I like the sound of this Jim Jebow guy.

Dammit, Tanny ****ed it up again, he went after the wrong player.

This is exactly what the Jets wanted. Media $hitstorm to take away publicity from the Giants. Tebow was not needed in any way for the Jets.

Don't care about the media.....Never did

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=King Koopa;4409360]Don't care about the media.....Never did[/QUOTE]

yea....Media crapstorms never affected teams play....:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Tackleem;4409344]I'm a Tebow Fan. I'm a Jets Fan. And I Hate. This. Move.

If this were a fourth-round pick for a guy with the exact same measurables and track record as Tebow, but who was named, say, Jim Jebow, I would think it was a nice football move. Versatile slash-back and backup QB, good locker room guy. But I'm afraid the sky-is-falling Jets fans are right on this one. What this move says about our organizational priorities is concerning. And the media crapstorm is going to be unlike anything we've seen. You think the New York press is going to take an interest in contrasting the social lives of Tebow and Sanchez much? You think they're going to look for any wedge to get between them? For anything to make Tebow look like a hypocrite? For anything to make Sanchez look like a playboy who doesn't care as much as Tebow?

Think Favre mixed with the A-Rod/Jeter feud, mixed with the coke-fueled Mets of the late 80s, mixed with, say, the three worst reality shows on Bravo.[/QUOTE]

Haven't u noticed the media always Sh*ts on us, anyway. Who cares what they say or think. The guy could be the missing ingredient to our offense, isn't that worth taking a chance on? I'm excited by the possibilities of Tebow playing RB, TE, QB in the Seminole. If Sanchez gets hurt or plays like sh*t, put Tebow in and let him run wild.
    F' em

[QUOTE=Peebag;4409367]yea....Media crapstorms never affected teams play....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

OK and if we start winning and Tebow plays well the media will be all over us in a good way

Bottomline is we need to play well anyway, and if things go bad and the media craps on us, we need to be strong enough within the organization to be able to bounce back regardless

The media , Tebow or not, is overrated and strong teams/ organizations can play through it......If we are not strong enough well then we probably would have never made a Super Bowl run in the first place

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Mebbe....if he isnt starting, we can have Tebro go into the stands with Fireman Ed..... and help lead that Jets cheer he does! (the one that goes J-e-t-s, jets jets jets)

That would be so nice.

-

[QUOTE=32green;4409388]Mebbe....if he isnt starting, we can have Tebro go into the stands with Fireman Ed..... and help lead that Jets cheer he does! (the one that goes J-e-t-s, jets jets jets)

That would be so nice.

-[/QUOTE]

Yay

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;4409388]Mebbe....if he isnt starting, we can have Tebro go into the stands with Fireman Ed..... and help lead that Jets cheer he does! (the one that goes J-e-t-s, jets jets jets)

That would be so nice.

-[/QUOTE]

'sup? You been drinkin' on the job?

[QUOTE=Tackleem;4409344]
    If this were a fourth-round pick for a guy with the exact same measurables and track record as Tebow, but who was named, say, Jim Jebow, I would think it was a nice football move. Versatile slash-back and backup QB, good locker room guy. [/quote]

You should have stopped right there.

What it says about this organization is that is the only thing that matters.

[quote]But I'm afraid the sky-is-falling Jets fans are right on this one. What this move says about our organizational priorities is concerning. And the media crapstorm is going to be unlike anything we've seen. You think the New York press is going to take an interest in contrasting the social lives of Tebow and Sanchez much? You think they're going to look for any wedge to get between them? For anything to make Tebow look like a hypocrite? For anything to make Sanchez look like a playboy who doesn't care as much as Tebow?

Think Favre mixed with the A-Rod/Jeter feud, mixed with the coke-fueled Mets of the late 80s, mixed with, say, the three worst reality shows on Bravo.[/QUOTE]

Why are you so bent up over what the media thinks? **** the media.

[QUOTE=Tackleem;4409344]If this were a fourth-round pick for a guy with the exact same measurables and track record as Tebow, but who was named, say, Jim Jebow, I would think it was a nice football move. Versatile slash-back and backup QB, good locker room guy. But I'm afraid the sky-is-falling Jets fans are right on this one. What this move says about our organizational priorities is concerning. [/QUOTE]

You realize this is a contradiction.

You admit that, on paper, this is a "nice football move," and I agree with that statement. Then you allude to the media tornado that will result from this move and question the team's priorities?

I think you've proven that their priorities are in the right place: worry about how to improve the team FIRST, worry about media reaction and all that jazz SECOND.

[QUOTE=Tackleem;4409344]I'm a Tebow Fan. I'm a Jets Fan. And I Hate. This. Move.

This Tebow thing has to be marketed properly. We need a unique formation, something Wildcat-esque but unique for Tebow to "own" it. The roles have to be clearly defined and Tebow has to be a good soldier about it all. We need photos/videos of Sanchez smiling heartily after Tebow scores a rushing TD, and him and Sanchez smiling and laughing together. Being seen in public together won't hurt. Just not at bible camp or in the meatpacking district. How about a Broadway play, meet in the middle?

More than anything else, Tebow needs to be self-depracating. None of this "I'm good enough to be a starter, but I'll play this role for now." He's got to make jokes....about being replaced by a 36 (?) year old Manning, about being second in the town to Jeremy Lin...anything. I don't know, Tim, you're a funny guy, think of something.

If Tim becomes the champion of his niche role, and Mark plays well, and they both genuinely like each other, this could work. The media could try to sabotage it for sure, but built on a fundamental bedrock of winning, this could turn out to be an OK move. I just don't trust the Jets to market this properly.

All League
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4409367]yea....Media crapstorms never affected teams play....:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

This will be my first, and possibly only post on the Tebow to Jets thing. It's over kill already, and only going to get worse, and as a fan, that blows.

You are correct, media and fan reactions and "crapstorms" definitely can affect how a team performs. If the coaches, players and front office let it spiral out of control, it's probably going to affect things negatively.

However, if the situation is handled correctly by the coaches and the FO in the coming days, and the CLEARLY define a role for Mark Sanchez and CLEARLY define a role for Tim Tebow, and both players buy into their role 100%, then that locker room can unite and have a "us against the world" mentality, and sometimes that's a great mentality to have in sports.

Personally, I think the former is more realistic than the latter, but I'm willing to hope to be surprised by the latter happening. It's hard to tell sometimes what it is that makes things finally come together.

Maybe this pushes Sanchez to improve, and he takes the challenge on with maturity and leadership, and maybe he legitimately improves because of it. Maybe instead of 1 leader in the locker room, this fosters multiple leaders, leading by example, trying to do everything possible to make things work, and doing it like professionals.

Again, I think the whole thing back firing is probably more likely than any of that, but I'm willing to wait and see rather than let media ruin a season that isn't starting for another 6 months.

Well... another boring Jets season ahead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Here's a novel thought Jets' front office/ownership: How about attracting media attention and ticket sales via superlative football?

[QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4409429]Here's a novel thought Jets' front office/ownership: How about attracting media attention and ticket sales via superlative football?[/QUOTE]

Right, cause the Jets haven't been one of the most succesful on the field teams in the NFL since Ryan arrived..

[QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4409429]Here's a novel thought Jets' front office/ownership: How about attracting media attention and ticket sales via superlative football?[/QUOTE]

lol. Superlative football? We had that under Coslet and Kotite. Just not positive superlatives....