Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie doing MMA workouts to improve tackling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Cromartie doing MMA workouts to improve tackling.

AbuKedem ‏ @AbuKedem
    @acromartie Can I ask you an honest question, Cro? Longtime #Jets fan here.

Antonio Cromartie ‏ @ACromartie
    @AbuKedem what going on?

AbuKedem ‏ @AbuKedem
    @acromartie I ask this with respect out of curiosity and rising football fever: Are you making a point to work on tackling this offseason?

Antonio Cromartie @ACromartie
    @AbuKedem I respect that yeah I have been doing a lot more MMA to help with being a better tackler this year. More take downs with my MMA training this year.

This guy's tweeter feed has been a bright spot of the off-season, as sad as that sounds.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean, anything can help, he can't get worse at tackling lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cromartie on Tebow:

It's so funny with ppl on twitter when I step in and give my opinion as me being a leader of the Jets and stand up for my QB it's a problem. But now that @TimTebow is on this Team it will b the same way. Glad your here TT

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    His trainer posted a picture of him dragging a huge tractor tire the other day. He's working hard while simultaneously playing GM on twitter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he could improve his tackling, he really would make a heck of a free safety.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the way Cro is handing this offseason. Hope it carries over to the footbal field and the locker room

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    His trainer posted a picture of him dragging a huge tractor tire the other day. He's working hard while simultaneously playing GM on twitter
    I've seen that pic before, not sure this is the first time he's doing this, so don't expect his tackling to be much better this year.

EDIT: Actually, I remember them showing that on Hard Knocks.
    Last edited by RageATL; 03-22-2012 at 04:26 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I love having Cro on the team ... am I alone here ?? He is funny, and seems like good guy trying hard, putting in maximum effort. Oh yeah ... and hes a top 10 .. maybe 5 corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My respect for Cro has risen exponentially over the last few weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As frustrating as he could be sometimes, we are blessed to have him as a Number 2 Corner ( possibly FS now) . The guy is a flat out play maker and has shown in his time here positives on/ off the field..... Might be the next jersey purchase alongside Mangold for me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro is dumb enough to be in the NBA. That said, he doesn't seem like he's got a bad heart, he just gets feint when it comes to contact.

He's Randy Moss-like gifted, he's got the work ethic but if he only had a brain... he'd be the GOAT.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It beats spending the off-season raising your child support payments with more kids I guess.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    Number 2 corner > Free safety

Even if Cromartie had the skill set to play FS I don't understand why people would want to move him. A starting corner is much more important than a free safety.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how all you bums on who replied to this thread calling cro a bum and horrible tackler. Guy is one of the best corners in the league and a huge reason our defense was ranked fifth last year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro's issue with tackling isn't that he's doing it wrong, it is that he doesn't want to do it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome exchange. Thanks for sharing.

Great job by Cro.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Cro's issue with tackling isn't that he's doing it wrong, it is that he doesn't want to do it.
    This.

Technique is taught early on; the willingness, the mindset is something you have or you don't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking that last year. His range and ball skills might be better urilzed playing safety. He's already more physical than "Carrie" Rhodes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible that we draft a CB in the 1st round? Think about it for a second. If Cromartie becomes a better tacklet, he will be a helluva Free Safety.

Revis will still shut down #1s.
    Landry/Cromartie solve our safety issues.
    Wilson is still here.
    1st rounder?

That will be scary.

BTW, Cromartie is only doing this MMA activities to learn new sexual positions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    was thinking same thing..if jets cant get a fs via draft i would consider him over a leohnard or smith and put kyle wilson at the other corner...probably a kherry rhodes do over but better than the altwernatives ..athletic ball hawk..