Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: Cromartie doing MMA workouts to improve tackling.

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro's only issue is between his ears. Everything with him is mental. Physically he has no ceiling. If he ever got the mental part of the game fixed he could be better than Revis.

    Tackling and defense is a mentality.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,897
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is like when Chad took karate and thought it was going to make him into a Brett Favre gunslinger.

    Sorry Cro. MMA takedowns have nothing to do with form tackling.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I love having Cro on the team ... am I alone here ?? He is funny, and seems like good guy trying hard, putting in maximum effort. Oh yeah ... and hes a top 10 .. maybe 5 corner.
    Cro is a good dude and a fine CB. Jets are lucky to have him as #2 CB.

    Can you imagine if we got a real, constant pass rush? Philly can keep Aso-le

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he wants to improve on tackling, he should practice tackling.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just had a funny visual of Cro trying to take GSP down.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HardHittingJets View Post
    I love how all you bums on who replied to this thread calling cro a bum and horrible tackler. Guy is one of the best corners in the league and a huge reason our defense was ranked fifth last year.
    Cro whiffing on Cruz's 99 yard run....a huge reason things turned out as they did last year also.

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    East Windsor NJ, Brooklyn born & raised
    Posts
    4,977
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    AbuKedem ‏ @AbuKedem
    @acromartie Can I ask you an honest question, Cro? Longtime #Jets fan here.

    Antonio Cromartie ‏ @ACromartie
    @AbuKedem what going on?

    AbuKedem ‏ @AbuKedem
    @acromartie I ask this with respect out of curiosity and rising football fever: Are you making a point to work on tackling this offseason?

    Antonio Cromartie @ACromartie
    @AbuKedem I respect that yeah I have been doing a lot more MMA to help with being a better tackler this year. More take downs with my MMA training this year.


    This guy's tweeter feed has been a bright spot of the off-season, as sad as that sounds.

    Yeah, I can see this helping.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Cro whiffing on Cruz's 99 yard run....a huge reason things turned out as they did last year also.
    Kyle Wilson. Cro showed good awareness just being in position to tackle. The guy he was covering was running across the field.

    But, you can't blame the season on one play. The Oline and receivers sucked all year. The team was going nowhere.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Kyle Wilson. Cro showed good awareness just being in position to tackle. The guy he was covering was running across the field.

    But, you can't blame the season on one play. The Oline and receivers sucked all year. The team was going nowhere.
    Uh...no. Detect who else also got faked out at :12-:14

    http://readandreact.net/2011/12/24/v...uchdown-video/

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Uh...no. Detect who else also got faked out at :12-:14

    http://readandreact.net/2011/12/24/v...uchdown-video/
    Uh . . . no. Who was COVERING Cruz? The guy Cro was covering was running across the field. Cro showed good awareness just to be in position to make the tackle.

    Kyle Wilson is to blame.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    N.Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    was thinking same thing..if jets cant get a fs via draft i would consider him over a leohnard or smith and put kyle wilson at the other corner...probably a kherry rhodes do over but better than the altwernatives ..athletic ball hawk..
    Ryan, I hate to burst your bubble, but the only one who should want Cromartie at FS is ME!

    You just have to look at his entire history as a CB. Cromartie excels when he's in press coverage playing man coverage. Getting his hands on the receiver early. Getting physical with him. Where he sh!ts the bed is when he's put into soft zones and has to react to the receivers first and 2nd moves. Now he becomes Just Another Guy.

    Well Ryan, playing FS is like playing in a soft zone on a permanent basis. Not good for Cromartie. Essentially you'd be taking him away from something he does well, and asking him to do something he does poorly. Not good coaching.

    Of Course, I'd like Cromartie to be moved to FS, because as a Pats fan, the Jets would be weakening TWO positions. Wilson isn't as good as Cromartie at CB, and Cro wouldn't be as good as Leonhart as FS (though he'd look the part better) Sounds like a plan to me :wink:

    BTW- If I were a Jet fan, I'd be very pleased with the way Cromartie's off season is going.....including the Tebow tweets

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If he wants to improve on tackling, he should practice tackling.
    Since when does logic play into this?

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Since when does logic play into this?
    John is still holding out hope that the Jets themselves have some.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    John is still holding out hope that the Jets themselves have some.
    John 5:15 will now become John 3:16

  15. #35
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    gainesville ga
    Posts
    822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Cro is dumb enough to be in the NBA. That said, he doesn't seem like he's got a bad heart, he just gets feint when it comes to contact.

    He's Randy Moss-like gifted, he's got the work ethic but if he only had a brain... he'd be the GOAT.
    Funny......this is came to mind when I read this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_3Ut...e_gdata_player

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if he improves his tackling (don't expect drastic results) he's still a CB.

    He has no business playing FS. There is absolutely no reason to put him in that position when he is such a great cover corner. It's a far more important and valuable position than safety.

    They will either bring back Leonhard, draft someone or plug the hole with a Pool type of signing this summer -- someone off the scrap heap.

    I don't think they need an all-pro back there anyway. Just someone who doesn't sh!t himself every time he has to cover a TE, like Eric Smith does. Maybe Tracy Wilson can play? We'll see.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    AbuKedem ‏ @AbuKedem
    @acromartie Can I ask you an honest question, Cro? Longtime #Jets fan here.

    Antonio Cromartie ‏ @ACromartie
    @AbuKedem what going on?

    AbuKedem ‏ @AbuKedem
    @acromartie I ask this with respect out of curiosity and rising football fever: Are you making a point to work on tackling this offseason?

    Antonio Cromartie @ACromartie
    @AbuKedem I respect that yeah I have been doing a lot more MMA to help with being a better tackler this year. More take downs with my MMA training this year.



    This guy's tweeter feed has been a bright spot of the off-season, as sad as that sounds.
    how about he does tackling workouts....

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    John 5:15 will now become John 3:16
    John would give Tebow the Stone-Cold Salute then.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    if hes on twitter i guarantee u he's around the jets message boards

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,400
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    Ryan, I hate to burst your bubble, but the only one who should want Cromartie at FS is ME!

    You just have to look at his entire history as a CB. Cromartie excels when he's in press coverage playing man coverage. Getting his hands on the receiver early. Getting physical with him. Where he sh!ts the bed is when he's put into soft zones and has to react to the receivers first and 2nd moves. Now he becomes Just Another Guy.

    Well Ryan, playing FS is like playing in a soft zone on a permanent basis. Not good for Cromartie. Essentially you'd be taking him away from something he does well, and asking him to do something he does poorly. Not good coaching.

    Of Course, I'd like Cromartie to be moved to FS, because as a Pats fan, the Jets would be weakening TWO positions. Wilson isn't as good as Cromartie at CB, and Cro wouldn't be as good as Leonhart as FS (though he'd look the part better) Sounds like a plan to me :wink:

    BTW- If I were a Jet fan, I'd be very pleased with the way Cromartie's off season is going.....including the Tebow tweets
    What has this board come to that we need to rely on Pats fans for quality posts?

    Have you guys been fans of the Jets for over 1 year? Do you so quickly forget how/why we got Cro at such a discounted rate? For a quick review just read the post above.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us