Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Happiness, inner peace and ways to de-stress

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4498618]

The issues are multi-layered and far-reaching. For instance, this week my daughter suffered her 3rd seizure in 12 days, a big increase from what we are used to seeing. This one she had whilst exiting the pool, falling to the ground off the ladder and turning cyanotic. This happened while I was just sitting down with my dad for lunch (far from my house) and my wife was babysitting my niece and nephew. The resultant sh!tstorm of her thinking how to tell me that our daughter is dying, coupled with my frantic rush home, the massive amount of emergency personnel in my kitchen, subsequent trip to the ER and general disagreement about what is the best course of treatment is enough to drive pretty much anyone here on JI or many other places straight batsh!t crazy.

[/QUOTE]

jeebus :(

Can't even imagine. I feel like a tool for even complaining about anything after hearing that.

You [I]do[/I] look European, btw. German maybe, but not Polish.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4498650]jeebus :(

Can't even imagine. I feel like a tool for even complaining about anything after hearing that.

[B]You [I]do[/I] look European,[/B] btw. German maybe, but not Polish.[/QUOTE]

I think the Korean she-male confirmed this a while ago. Way to open old wounds. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't even imagine. I feel like a tool for even complaining about anything after hearing that. [/QUOTE]

Not the point I was going for, pal and nothing wrong about complaining about your own problems, either. I was just trying to paint the picture of how complex the source of some of my stress is for the uninitiated. Kind of hard to de-stress when even a simple lunch goes sideways, know what I mean?:D

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4498650]You [I]do[/I] look European, btw. German maybe, but not Polish.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4498653]I think the Korean she-male confirmed this a while ago. Way to open old wounds. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Buncha deeks on this site.:D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A nice, relaxing hobby like fishing or gardening, one that's unrushed, that you can do a lot, and that puts you somewhere you want to be.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4498637]Thanks, man. Life is full of stress. To each of us that stress may be the worst thing in the world at that moment, and sometimes it actually is. I've learned that each day, or sometimes two days later, I am capable of hitting 'restart' and moving on. It's hard, but it's a whole lot better than it was.[/QUOTE]

Just the fact that you're able to hang in there in the first place without totally losing it is pretty admirable. Keep up the fight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4498717]Just the fact that you're able to hang in there in the first place without totally losing it is pretty admirable. Keep up the fight.[/QUOTE]

Please, guy is just mad he couldn't finish his club sandwich. :rolleyes:

:D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4498697]A nice, relaxing hobby like fishing or gardening, one that's unrushed, that you can do a lot, and that puts you somewhere you want to be.[/QUOTE]

Or a Broadway Musical every once in a while.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4498747]Or a Broadway Musical every once in a while.

_[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sg7YpIBTTg[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

You [I]do[/I] look European, btw. German maybe, but not Polish.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4498669]

Buncha deeks on this site.:D[/QUOTE]

Not good looking enough to be Polish is what I meant. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4498798]Not good looking enough to be Polish is what I meant. :D[/QUOTE]

Dude.

I'm 1/4 Polish.

:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4498816]Dude.

I'm 1/4 Polish.

:yes:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.memes.at/pics/you-win-this-time-low.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4413299]If anyone finds the answer to this please let me know.[/QUOTE]

No one has the answer yet? Sunmummabeeech!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4498825]No one has the answer yet? Sunmummabeeech![/QUOTE]

There is no one size fits all answer to anything in life. Ponder that young blood.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4412509]He has ulcers you dummy. Drinking will make it worse, WAY WORSE.

Now that they have begun to show up in your intestine you need to fix it.

Are you a heavy drinker/smoker/tobacco user? If you are, the ulcers will never go away if you continue.

Also, did your doctor tell you that stress is the main cause of your ulcers? It might be your diet. Ulcers could be a sign of that you are eating something that you could be allergic to and it is damaging you. Food allergies will cause ulcers, even you do not get the traditional allergy symptoms. And the fact that it is in your intestine makes me think this could be food related.

If it is stress, which I think is only part of the problem, then it is hard to tell you how to alleviate stress if we don't know what is causing the stress. Some stress is unavoidable. Also my experience with stress is mainly minor agita which occurs in the throat rather than stomach and intestine.

If you want to alleviate stress, the best way to do so is exercise. Go for a walk. Find a hobby that you can do by yourself.

Hope everything works out for you.[/QUOTE]

Actually not completely true. I had ulcers a few years back when I owned a bar. The dr told me to quit drinking, smoking and caffeine. I was drinking alot of rum a cokes, and given my occupation at the time I figured I'd go with the quit caffeine first. I started drinking martinis instead of rum and coke, quit coffee etc. Within 2-3 weeks my ulcers healed. To this day I only drink cola once in awhile, maybe 2 with rum a year. I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but it worked incredibly well for me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CraigFL;4499286]Actually not completely true. I had ulcers a few years back when I owned a bar. The dr told me to quit drinking, smoking and caffeine. I was drinking alot of rum a cokes, and given my occupation at the time I figured I'd go with the quit caffeine first. I started drinking martinis instead of rum and coke, quit coffee etc. Within 2-3 weeks my ulcers healed. To this day I only drink cola once in awhile, maybe 2 with rum a year. I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but it worked incredibly well for me.[/QUOTE]

I went to my doctor, I said doc, my back hurts. He said you're fat. I said I'd like to get a second opinion. He said, Ok, you're ugly too.

Then he told me to start running 5 miles a day. I called him two weeks later, I said hey doc - I'm 70 miles from home. (Go ahead, do the math.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4499542]I went to my doctor, I said doc, my back hurts. He said you're fat. I said I'd like to get a second opinion. He said, Ok, you're ugly too.

Then he told me to start running 5 miles a day. I called him two weeks later, I said hey doc - I'm 70 miles from home. (Go ahead, do the math.)[/QUOTE]

I know Henny Youngman and you're no Henny Youngman. Boooooooo!!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4499604]I know Henny Youngman and you're no Henny Youngman. Boooooooo!!!!![/QUOTE]

Actually, that was Rodney Dangerfield...but you're on the right track!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4499609]Actually, that was Rodney Dangerfield...but you're on the right track![/QUOTE]
    They should donate your body to science fiction.