Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something I just thought of...

Something I just thought of...

People who are thinking about the Jets using Tebow as a full on publicity stunt.

What was signing Joe Namath to a huge contract?
    What did Sonny Werblin believe that a football game was?

SHOW BUSINESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    People who are thinking about the Jets using Tebow as a full on publicity stunt.

SHOW BUSINESS!
    Yeah, except Joe Namath was a highly rated QB out of college that was mentored by the great Bear Bryant. The dude actually could play QB in the NFL. Tebow can't play QB. When he faced our D he went 3 and out 8 straight times!!! 8!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FYtheSG View Post
    Yeah, except Joe Namath was a highly rated QB out of college that was mentored by the great Bear Bryant. The dude actually could play QB in the NFL. Tebow can't play QB. When he faced our D he went 3 and out 8 straight times!!! 8!!!
    True, but most people believe Namath is way overrated as a QB. Just like Tebow.

True, but most people believe Namath is way overrated as a QB. Just like Tebow.
    But Namath had one of the best arms. People thought he was overpaid, not overrated. Tebow can't play QB. Have you ever seen him throw? He completes 40% of his passes. Did you see what New England did to him the playoffs? Teams had figured out that college Tebow offense by the end of the season.

This move is a cash/attention grab by our insecure owner.

But Namath had one of the best arms. People thought he was overpaid, not overrated. Tebow can't play QB. Have you ever seen him throw? He completes 40% of his passes. Did you see what New England did to him the playoffs? Teams had figured out that college Tebow offense by the end of the season.

This move is a cash/attention grab by our insecure owner.
    I wont be naive and say that there wasn't a bit of publicity stunt in the move.
    But to say that Tebow cant help us is ridiculous.

I have seen Tebow throw a pretty deep ball. It's the accuracy that he sucks at.

By the way, why was Namath overpaid?

I wont be naive and say that there wasn't a bit of publicity stunt in the move.
    But to say that Tebow cant help us is ridiculous.

I have seen Tebow throw a pretty deep ball. It's the accuracy that he sucks at.

By the way, why was Namath overpaid?
    A bit of publicity??? It is all over the back pages and sports shows!! This is an attention grab through and through. How many other back up QBs have their jerseys for sale and are welcomed to a new team with a press conference covered by all the media channels.

Also, we now have to have two offenses because Tebow can't run a regular NFL offense. So instead of trying to fix our regular offense that didn't work, we now have to create "packages" for Tebow. Also, what happens if Sanchez gets hurt and Tebow has to play? Do we change the offense to that college system for him. I'm sure Holmes is going to love blocking and not getting the ball.

Again, Cash/Attention Grab by our insecure owner. The Giants own the town and this is the only way the Jets can grab headlines

A bit of publicity??? It is all over the back pages and sports shows!! This is an attention grab through and through. How many other back up QBs have their jerseys for sale and are welcomed to a new team with a press conference covered by all the media channels.

Also, we now have to have two offenses because Tebow can't run a regular NFL offense. So instead of trying to fix our regular offense that didn't work, we now have to create "packages" for Tebow. Also, what happens if Sanchez gets hurt and Tebow has to play? Do we change the offense to that college system for him. I'm sure Holmes is going to love blocking and not getting the ball.

Again, Cash/Attention Grab by our insecure owner. The Giants own the town and this is the only way the Jets can grab headlines
    I would agree with that, if the Giants didnt take potshots at the Jets last year. Jerry Reese said the Jets win was the biggest win in a few years. Really? If you own the town, you shouldn't care about us.

sanchez did him one better by getting 9 straight 3 and outs vs the PATS, one the worst defenses in the league!!

SHOW BUSINESS!
    ROFLMAO

The world has changed just a little bit since the 1960s

Religion and corporate America are now the NY JETS.

This is worse than Kotite or Coslet because at least they were just incompetant. This screams of being lied to and ripped off. I hope that Sanchez demands a trade for his own sake. What a bunch of baffoons the JETS are. I cant believe that we have a QB in place who hase gone to a championship game twice and beat the Pats on the road in the playoffs and we are going to replace him with a QB that needs an entire revamped offense just to compete. Not to mention a religious cult following of THOUSANDS who will flood the NY air ways with their allegence to Tebow in the sake of the Christian movement. Good grief this is so disturbing on so many levels....

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    sanchez did him one better by getting 9 straight 3 and outs vs the PATS, one the worst defenses in the league!!
    Great, you took one game in an awful season much of it directed at poor OLINE play.

Tebows numbers are GOD AWFUL in just about every game he's played in

Sanchez beat the Pats in the playoffs in New England!!!!!

Sanchez has 4 playoff wins in 3 seasons.

Elway couldnt wait to DUMP Tebow and everything he brings.

Good grief

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    ROFLMAO

The world has changed just a little bit since the 1960s

Religion and corporate America are now the NY JETS.

This is worse than Kotite or Coslet because at least they were just incompetant. This screams of being lied to and ripped off. I hope that Sanchez demands a trade for his own sake. What a bunch of baffoons the JETS are. I cant believe that we have a QB in place who hase gone to a championship game twice and beat the Pats on the road in the playoffs and we are going to replace him with a QB that needs an entire revamped offense just to compete. Not to mention a religious cult following of THOUSANDS who will flood the NY air ways with their allegence to Tebow in the sake of the Christian movement. Good grief this is so disturbing on so many levels....
    Ever seen Mad Men? The dollar still rules. That hasn't changed.

And as for your religious movers.. WHERE ARE THEY? All I've heard the last few days are Jets fans arguing and creating ruckus.

Of course our FO are a bunch of whore hounds for the back page. Look at all of the attention this trade is getting. Sooth has to love it as well JI is imploding over this trade. Such is the nature of being second fiddle to the jints.

I don't have a crystal ball to say how this will turn out but as a Jet fan I am hoping for the best just as I had hope for Blair T., Gholston (and other dumb moves). I also loved when they signed Namath, The Sack Exchange, W. Walker, (on and on)(the solid moves). I'm rooting this becomes a solid move.
    As a Jet fan how can you root otherwise??

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    Yea, and that same terrible Pats D did what to Tebow in the playoff game??

Hall Of Fame

SHOW BUSINESS!
    Joe Namath was a legit QB. Joe Namath is probably still more accurate than Tebow right now. So what else are thinking about??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

SHOW BUSINESS!

Wow. It doesn't matter that Joe was the premier college QB of the day, and NFL teams were salivating over him, and couldn't believe he chose the AFL, right. Nah, he was just some bum chosen because of the publicity.

If I were you I'd give "thinking" a rest for the remainder of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Joe Namath was a legit QB. Joe Namath is probably still more accurate than Tebow right now. So what else are thinking about??
    Werblin was going to pay Lee Groscup all that money if he had a good game one day! Lee Groscup!

Watch the AFL documentary. All I'm saying is that the Jets making moves to raise eyes is not entirely restricted to this era.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Yea, and that same terrible Pats D did what to Tebow in the playoff game??
    actually the denver D did not show up in that game, it was 14-0 after 1st quarter and 35-7 at half. not much tebow could do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post

Wow. It doesn't matter that Joe was the premier college QB of the day, and NFL teams were salivating over him, and couldn't believe he chose the AFL, right. Nah, he was just some bum chosen because of the publicity.

If I were you I'd give "thinking" a rest for the remainder of the day.
    Watch the AFL documentary and what is said about Sonny Werblin. You'll see what I mean.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Watch the AFL documentary and what is said about Sonny Werblin. You'll see what I mean.
    Joe wasn't Tim Tebow coming out of college. He was Andrew Luck.

Your comparison is terrible.