Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 700 Club's Pat Robert's quotes......

Pat Robertson is one of the last people I'd turn to for football commentary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=copernicus;4412945]Just an offensive and bigoted response. Thought you were better.[/QUOTE]

I was joking but isn't it funny how jokes can be made all day about Christians but not about Muslims?? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=boxman;4412956]Pat Robertson is one of the last people I'd turn to for football commentary.[/QUOTE]

Or commentary on anything for that matter. He's a nut.

[QUOTE=boxman;4412956]Pat Robertson is one of the last people I'd turn to for football commentary.[/QUOTE]

True, but this is not my point. Much of TEBOW followers are people who dont have a clue about football, only pushing their religion. This will be the demise of Mark Sanchez and the NY JETS.

Thanks Woody Johnson, you jackass

I don't take moral advice from war profiteers.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4412961]I was joking but isn't it funny how jokes can be made all day about Christians but not about Muslims?? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Joking about Christians and comparing Muslims to terrorist attacks on a website so close to the twin towers and 911? Got it, real funny.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=copernicus;4412978]Joking about Christians and comparing Muslims to terrorist attacks on a website so close to the twin towers and 911? Got it, real funny.....[/QUOTE]

Get back to me when Christians start cutting heads off or wear suicide vests.. So it wasn't Muslims on 911?? It was Pat Robertson? :eek: Ahh those young kids they blow up so fast..

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4412903]Wow, Savage, great memory buddy.

By the way, how'd that Favre thing turn out?

Here's a great idea, lets do it again, Tebow is just Favre part II.

What a joke the JETS are[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure Savage keeps notes.

He has a book on everyone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jordy;4412999]I'm pretty sure Savage keeps notes.

He has a book on everyone.[/QUOTE]

No notes it's easy to remember when people post the same crap day after day..:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4412917]LOL I remember that. We think JI just recently became a haven for idiots. Turns out it always has been.[/QUOTE]
    Of course, there was also the Favre "body language" controversy.

That was spine tingling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not wishing injury on Manning, but Robertson is kinda right.

I know he's religiously biased and wouldn't have said those things had it been any player but Tebow, but the Broncos have left themselves with Adam Weber as the only other QB on the roster (I believe).

I imagine they have plans to address that but their fans have to be a bit nervous about that.

I would have thought the Broncos would have had interest in Stanton in the Tebow trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    7000 posts about a backup quarterback the Jets obtained very cheaply who, as far as his role in the offense is concerned, is vastly better than the attempt last season at the wildcat featuring Kerley and Fumblesdamian and who is even better than Brad Smith as a runner AND a passer in that formation. Not to mention being about a billion times better as just a plain backup quarterback than the aged bankrupt charity case that occupied that position last year

The majority of the posts opposing this trade and this backup/wildcat quarterback seem to base their opposition on the fact that Tebow is an evangelical Christian and prays after games on the field (like dozens of other NFL players do). I fully respect the minority of posters that oppose this transaction for football reasons, although I disagree with just about all their objections. But I have no respect for those who attack Tebow and the trade for his religious beliefs whatever they are.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jordy;4413021]Not wishing injury on Manning, but Robertson is kinda right.

I know he's religiously biased and wouldn't have said those things had it been any player but Tebow, but the Broncos have left themselves with Adam Weber as the only other QB on the roster (I believe).

I imagine they have plans to address that but their fans have to be a bit nervous about that.

[B]I would have thought the Broncos would have had interest in Stanton in the Tebow trade[/B].[/QUOTE]

That would make sense he has game experience mostly bad but still he has some.. But its 4 months till camp so they have some time to act.. They don't have to have the team intact 3 weeks after the season ends like Jet fans want..:P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=copernicus;4412940][B]It will when these same people flood sports radio, LIKE THEY DID IN DENVER, to force TEBOW as starter to promote the CHRISTIAN movement. [/B]I have never been more disgusted as JETS fan.....[/QUOTE]

or to save a crappy football team. If the Jets are 1-4, or whatever the Broncos were when Tebow started, I'll understand the calls for Tebow. The truth of the matter is is that it would have happened to Sanchez no matter what. His leash was pretty short coming into this season.

Tebow is not the long term answer for this team at QB - I'm not sure anyone (who matters) is under any illusion about that. But, we don't know 100% if Sanchez is either. If Sanchez starts sucking and Tebow may provide a short term boast, sure...use him for a while. Its not as if he's inheriting the starting job for the next 10 years. It will be a referendum on Sanchez, not on Tebow.

The backup QB - especially in NY - is always the most popular guy around. If that is more so on account because people like him something about him, it still doesn't really change the fact that he's popular. If Sanchez plays well, we have no problem. If he sh!ts the bed, we'z got problems. The fact that Tebow is here doesn't really change that.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4412922]One crazy old man?

How about the THOUSANDS of followers of TEBOW who believe the same message from Roberts? The THOUSANDS of TEBOW fans who are not NFL fans but will be on every radio program and eating up empty seats to push their religious agenda?

All for a QB who is terrible.......[/QUOTE]

[B]Par·a·noi·a   [par-uh-noi-uh] noun[/B]

1.baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4412994]Get back to me when Christians start cutting heads off or wear suicide vests.. So it wasn't Muslims on 911?? It was Pat Robertson? :eek: Ahh those young kids they blow up so fast..[/QUOTE]

Oklahoma City, Atlanta Olympics... Short memory, eh?

Anyway back on topic. Pat Robertson is a jerk, but if Tebow guides us to the promised land I'll go back to church every Sunday.

[QUOTE=Savage69;4412994]Get back to me when Christians start cutting heads off or wear suicide vests.. So it wasn't Muslims on 911?? It was Pat Robertson? :eek: Ahh those young kids they blow up so fast..[/QUOTE]

There are good and bad people in all religions. I dont need to remind anyone of Timithy McVeigh actions and the most recent of American soldiers urinating on dead soldiers and the awful killing of 17 innocent civilians including unarmed children and women.

Dont want this to turn in an ugly direction. This is my last post in this thread on this particular subject

Really love your football posts Savage. No hard feelings whatsoever............

[QUOTE=sg3;4413030]7000 posts about a backup quarterback the Jets obtained very cheaply who, as far as his role in the offense is concerned, is vastly better than the attempt last season at the wildcat featuring Kerley and Fumblesdamian and who is even better than Brad Smith as a runner AND a passer in that formation. Not to mention being about a billion times better as just a plain backup quarterback than the aged bankrupt charity case that occupied that position last year[/QUOTE]

1. Please keep binging on the kool-aid. Tebow won't be in the "Brad Smith role" for long. He was brought here to eventually be the starting quarterback and the first time Sanchez has a bad game his insane following which will be filling Metlife Stadium will be screaming for Tebow to be the qb.

2. The wildcat is so overrated. Name me the last wildcat oriented offense to win a Super Bowl. I want to know.

Hines Ward ran a gadget play in the Super Bowl in 2006 OMFG - how could we not think of that first? Giants(2X), Packers, Saints etc. - How could those teams win Super Bowls without the wildcat?

3. Tebow is better than Brunell or Clemens? So was Drew Stanton or any other qb that's even remotely average.

Jets Insider VIP
    not to be a spoilsport but Timothy McVeigh was not a Muslim. Neither was Jared Loughner or Robert Bales or Lee Harvey Oswald

Bad people exist regardless of nationality, race or creed

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Bhoys in Green;4413051] Oklahoma City, Atlanta Olympics... Short memory, eh?

Anyway back on topic. Pat Robertson is a jerk, but if Tebow guides us to the promised land I'll go back to church every Sunday.[/QUOTE]

He didn't do that as a religious fanatic he was more of a anarchist that hated the Government.. I agree Robertson has some screws loose.. And the Atlanta guy Eric Rudolph also known as the Olympic Park Bomber, is a far-right militant responsible for a series of bombings across the southern United States between 1996 and 1998, which killed two people and injured at least 150 others in the name of an anti-abortion and anti-gay agenda.. He was really nuts..