Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 700 Club's Pat Robert's quotes......

[QUOTE=crasherino;4413040]or to save a crappy football team. If the Jets are 1-4, or whatever the Broncos were when Tebow started, I'll understand the calls for Tebow. The truth of the matter is is that it would have happened to Sanchez no matter what. His leash was pretty short coming into this season.

Tebow is not the long term answer for this team at QB - I'm not sure anyone (who matters) is under any illusion about that. But, we don't know 100% if Sanchez is either. If Sanchez starts sucking and Tebow may provide a short term boast, sure...use him for a while. Its not as if he's inheriting the starting job for the next 10 years. It will be a referendum on Sanchez, not on Tebow.

The backup QB - especially in NY - is always the most popular guy around. If that is more so on account because people like him something about him, it still doesn't really change the fact that he's popular. If Sanchez plays well, we have no problem. If he sh!ts the bed, we'z got problems. The fact that Tebow is here doesn't really change that.[/QUOTE]

35+ years I've been rooting for this team and I've never seen a Super Bowl in my life. We've made it to the championship game THREE times in my life. Once with Testeverde and TWICE in THREE seasons with Sanchez.

I think I can be a little more patient with Sanchez considering

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=crasherino;4413040]or to save a crappy football team. If the Jets are 1-4, or whatever the Broncos were when Tebow started, I'll understand the calls for Tebow. The truth of the matter is is that it would have happened to Sanchez no matter what. His leash was pretty short coming into this season.

Tebow is not the long term answer for this team at QB - I'm not sure anyone (who matters) is under any illusion about that. But, we don't know 100% if Sanchez is either. If Sanchez starts sucking and Tebow may provide a short term boast, sure...use him for a while. Its not as if he's inheriting the starting job for the next 10 years. It will be a referendum on Sanchez, not on Tebow.

The backup QB - especially in NY - is always the most popular guy around. If that is more so on account because people like him something about him, it still doesn't really change the fact that he's popular. If Sanchez plays well, we have no problem. If he sh!ts the bed, we'z got problems. The fact that Tebow is here doesn't really change that.[/QUOTE]

What if Sanchez plays well, say a 2-1 TD/INT ratio, 85-90 QB rating, but the Jets still start out 1-4? We bench Sanchez and put in Tebow? I'd have to look at the stats but I think the was the situation with Denver and Orton last year when they benched him. The team will bend to the will of the fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    1. Please keep binging on the kool-aid. Tebow won't be in the "Brad Smith role" for long. He was brought here to eventually be the starting quarterback and the first time Sanchez has a bad game his insane following which will be filling Metlife Stadium will be screaming for Tebow to be the qb.

not even remotely close to true in my humble opinion. Why are the followers of Tebow "insane" by the way.... once again, your objections come back to hatred of him for his religious affiliation, my friend. And once again, I find that sad

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4413021]Not wishing injury on Manning, but Robertson is kinda right.

I know he's religiously biased and wouldn't have said those things had it been any player but Tebow, but the Broncos have left themselves with Adam Weber as the only other QB on the roster (I believe).

I imagine they have plans to address that but their fans have to be a bit nervous about that.

I would have thought the Broncos would have had interest in Stanton in the Tebow trade.[/QUOTE]

They are smart enough to know that they have acquired a precision passer, and having a 'QB' backup whose completion percentage is in the 40's who can't throw anything but a wobbly long pass and hope the WR can do a circus catch to get it, is not helpful.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4413095]What if Sanchez plays well, say a 2-1 TD/INT ratio, 85-90 QB rating, but the Jets still start out 1-4? We bench Sanchez and put in Tebow? I'd have to look at the stats but I think the was the situation with Denver and Orton last year when they benched him. The team will bend to the will of the fans.[/QUOTE]

If Sanchez is doing well why would they replace him if it's the D that is the reason for the losses?? Even though I was against the trade I'll hold judgement till it shows to be a problem..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4413076]1. Please keep binging on the kool-aid. Tebow won't be in the "Brad Smith role" for long. He was brought here to eventually be the starting quarterback and the first time Sanchez has a bad game his insane following which will be filling Metlife Stadium will be screaming for Tebow to be the qb.

[B]
    2. The wildcat is so overrated. Name me the last wildcat oriented offense to win a Super Bowl. I want to know[/B].

Hines Ward ran a gadget play in the Super Bowl in 2006 OMFG - how could we not think of that first? Giants(2X), Packers, Saints etc. - How could those teams win Super Bowls without the wildcat?

3. Tebow is better than Brunell or Clemens? So was Drew Stanton or any other qb that's even remotely average.[/QUOTE]

No one ever said that the Jets O would become "wild cat oriented" They said they will run SOME plays but that is about it.

[QUOTE=sg3;4413105]1. Please keep binging on the kool-aid. Tebow won't be in the "Brad Smith role" for long. He was brought here to eventually be the starting quarterback and the first time Sanchez has a bad game his insane following which will be filling Metlife Stadium will be screaming for Tebow to be the qb.

not even remotely close to true in my humble opinion. Why are the followers of Tebow "insane" by the way.... once again, your objections come back to hatred of him for his religious affiliation, my friend. And once again, I find that sad[/QUOTE]

This thread and you and Savage's posts are the exact reason why this Tebow move is so asinine. This is not just another football player the Jets traded for he's a marketing force and a political/social figure lightning rod who's going to turn this franchise into a 10-ring (or as the papers say) a NO-RING Circus.

The Jets actually had a shot at having a nice bounce-back 10 or even 11 win season next year just flying under the radar going to war with Sanchez and a better roster and coaching staff. I really thought Tanny was having a good off-season up to this point.

Now this team is the Jersey Shore. What a disgrace.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4413107]They are smart enough to know that they have acquired a precision passer, and having a 'QB' backup whose completion percentage is in the 40's who can't throw anything but a wobbly long pass and hope the WR can do a circus catch to get it, is not helpful.[/QUOTE]
    Maybe so, but I'd take my chances with Tebow over Adam Weber.

Manning is one good hit away from retirement.

All League
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4412994]Get back to me when Christians start cutting heads off or wear suicide vests.. So it wasn't Muslims on 911?? It was Pat Robertson? :eek: Ahh those young kids they blow up so fast..[/QUOTE]OK, how about a century or two of this back in the "inquisition". Or you get a lot of it (in the millions) during the "reformation"....and that was christian on christian crime. Christians killed in Jesus' name throughout the crusades, and what occurred in Bosnia and throughout the former Yugoslavia wasn't pretty either.

ANYONE killing "in the name of God" regardless of the "god", is an abomination, making it seem like Muslims are the only party to this gross sin...is also a sin. Plenty of blame to go around here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4413116] [B]This thread and you and Savage's posts are the exact reason why this Tebow move is so asinine.[/B] This is not just another football player the Jets traded for he's a marketing force and a political/social figure lightning rod who's going to turn this franchise into a 10-ring (or as the papers say) a NO-RING Circus.

The Jets actually had a shot at having a nice bounce-back 10 or even 11 win season next year just flying under the radar going to war with Sanchez and a better roster and coaching staff. I really thought Tanny was having a good off-season up to this point.

Now this team is the Jersey Shore. What a disgrace.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't me that started the thread and you might want to check you sig picture before blaming anyone else for being a lightning rod..

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow! This board has become so...

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbrhVYeccCjTVSwFH8pidpUEjbJ2hdLoe_46wgUItvSN33TTjk8i9HiE4F[/IMG]

Please keep the Muslim hating in the Politic Forum.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=patsfanken;4413137]OK, how about a century or two of this back in the "inquisition". Or you get a lot of it (in the millions) during the "reformation"....and that was christian on christian crime. Christians killed in Jesus' name throughout the crusades, and what occurred in Bosnia and throughout the former Yugoslavia wasn't pretty either.

[B]ANYONE killing "in the name of God" regardless of the "god", is an abomination[/B], making it seem like Muslims are the only party to this gross sin...is also a sin. Plenty of blame to go around here.[/QUOTE]

While I agree 100% with that I'll feel better when I see a muslim protest that condemns the radicals.. And we helped the Muslims in Bosnia yet if you looked at the News after 911 you saw celebrations in Muslim countries across the globe..

[QUOTE=petejet;4412955]The Jets were 8-3, just beat the previously undefeated Titans and were in first place before he got injured. Yeah the team was in shambles.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah and how did the qb that we dumped for Favre do when he went to a team that won all of 1 game the previous year. If I remember correctly he won the divisional championship beating us in our own home on the last game of the year.

How great a character was Favre if he cared more about his consecutive game record then the team? Sounds odd that Savage who brutalized the Compiler (and I don't disagree with him on that) defends Favre here.

Practice Squad

Well put

[QUOTE=sg3;4413030]7000 posts about a backup quarterback the Jets obtained very cheaply who, as far as his role in the offense is concerned, is vastly better than the attempt last season at the wildcat featuring Kerley and Fumblesdamian and who is even better than Brad Smith as a runner AND a passer in that formation. Not to mention being about a billion times better as just a plain backup quarterback than the aged bankrupt charity case that occupied that position last year

The majority of the posts opposing this trade and this backup/wildcat quarterback seem to base their opposition on the fact that Tebow is an evangelical Christian and prays after games on the field (like dozens of other NFL players do). I fully respect the minority of posters that oppose this transaction for football reasons, although I disagree with just about all their objections. But I have no respect for those who attack Tebow and the trade for his religious beliefs whatever they are.[/QUOTE]

+1000²

I do think that Pat Robertson makes a good point on Tebow. Denver sucked before his clutch run to the playoffs. While I don't wish any ill will on Manning, who has had a HOF career. He is one good hit away from see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya. I think it is a mistake on their part to trade Tebow, and a plus for the JETS to attain his exceptional football skills on offense.

Their loss is our gain.

NYJETS:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;4413198]Yeah and how did the qb that we dumped for Favre do when he went to a team that won all of 1 game the previous year. If I remember correctly he won the divisional championship beating us in our own home on the last game of the year.

How great a character was Favre if he cared more about his consecutive game record then the team? Sounds odd that Savage who brutalized the Compiler (and I don't disagree with him on that) defends Favre here.[/QUOTE]

How is it defending Favre when I posted Clemens should have been the QB when Favre was hurt??:confused:
    Last edited by Savage69; 03-23-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4412881]From msnfoxsports...............
    [I]
    Pat Robertson, televangelist and a leader in the Christian Right movement, said the Denver Broncos treated Tim Tebow "shabbily," adding an injury to the team's new quarterback Peyton Manning "would serve them right."

Robertson came to the aid of the devoutly religious Tebow after the unconventional signal caller was shipped off to the New York Jets in a late evening trade with Denver on Wednesday.

"The Denver Broncos treated him shabbily," Robertson said on "The 700 Club."

"He won seven games, he brought them [Denver] into the playoffs, for heaven sakes. I mean, they were a nothing team. He rallied them together with spectacular last-minute passes and, you know, when they beat Buffalo — I mean, Pittsburgh, excuse me — it was a tremendous victory."

Robertson, who also came to Tebow's defense in December by blasting a "Saturday Night Live" parody that featured Jesus visiting the NFL star in the Broncos' locker room, chided Denver for signing four-time MVP Manning despite his missing all of last season after a series of offseason neck surgeries."And you just ask yourself, OK, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. [B]If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right," he said.[/B][/I]

Sorry Mark, the JETS sabatoged your career for the JESUS FREAK CIRCUS that will now be JETS games. Good luck with your next team. I hope you stick it up Woody Johnson, Rex, and Tanny's ass..........[/QUOTE]
    Another great copernicus thread. I had no idea that knucklehead Pat Robertson said anything.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jets1958;4413042][B]Par·a·noi·a   [par-uh-noi-uh] noun[/B]

1.baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.[/QUOTE]

If you don't believe this has been the case already in Tebow's career and will continue to be, and now ten-fold (at least) with the huge megaphone the NY media will provide for him to get out his message, you haven't been paying attention.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NYJETS;4413199]+1000²

I do think that Pat Robertson makes a good point on Tebow. Denver sucked before his clutch run to the playoffs. While I don't wish any ill will on Manning, who has had a HOF career. He is one good hit away from see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya. I think it is a mistake on their part to trade Tebow, and a plus for the JETS to attain his exceptional football skills on offense.

Their loss is our gain.

NYJETS:yes:[/QUOTE]
    Rational football sense would have dictated that the Broncos keep Tebow in a back-up capacity. He wasn't making crazy money. And it would have given him the opportunity to learn the QB position from one of the best to ever play the game. Arguably the most football intelligent QB ever. And who knows, he may have developed into a solid starting QB down the road.

However, the obvious answer is...John Elway despised Tebow.

The Broncos would have eaten all $5M of the bonus money to get rid of him if they were forced to.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4413095]What if Sanchez plays well, say a 2-1 TD/INT ratio, 85-90 QB rating, but the Jets still start out 1-4? We bench Sanchez and put in Tebow? I'd have to look at the stats but I think the was the situation with Denver and Orton last year when they benched him. The team will bend to the will of the fans.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, we don't have a QB controversy. Tebow's situation in NY is nothing like that of Tebow in Denver.

Here, the overriding issue would be the anti-Sanchez crowd, not the pro-Tebow. In Denver, it was both.