Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The 700 Club's Pat Robert's quotes......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4413221]Rational football sense would have dictated that the Broncos keep Tebow in a back-up capacity. He wasn't making crazy money. And it would have given him the opportunity to learn the QB position from one of the best to ever play the game. Arguably the most football intelligent QB ever. And who knows, he may have developed into a solid starting QB down the road.

However, the obvious answer is...John Elway despised Tebow.

The Broncos would have eaten all $5M of the bonus money to get rid of him if they were forced to.[/QUOTE]

+1 And who knows if a team lost a QB and was desperate a good draft pick could have gone Denvers way..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4413208]How is it defending Favre when I posted Clemens should have been the QB when Favre was hurt??:confused:[/QUOTE]
    Defending his preinjury play when in reality it turned out not to be a good football move just Act 1 of the Jets becoming a circus. I don't remember if you were for or against bringing him in. I don't keep a book :)
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 03-23-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;4413233]Defending his preinjury play when in reality it turned out not to be a good football move just Act 1 of the Jets becoming a circus. I don't remember if you were for or against bringing him in.[/QUOTE]

I was against getting Favre but once it was done I accepted it and was happy the way the Team was playing till the injury.. It turned out to be bad once he was hurt and should have been replaced by Clemens. I can't see the furure like so many here.. I have to wait until something happens..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4413221]Rational football sense would have dictated that the Broncos keep Tebow in a back-up capacity. He wasn't making crazy money. And it would have given him the opportunity to learn the QB position from one of the best to ever play the game. Arguably the most football intelligent QB ever. And who knows, he may have developed into a solid starting QB down the road.

However, the obvious answer is...John Elway despised Tebow.

The Broncos would have eaten all $5M of the bonus money to get rid of him if they were forced to.[/QUOTE]
    If Elway despised him, it was for the media circus he created that was a distraction from productive football. And yes, they would have paid to get rid of him, but the Jets were so eager to get him they were too stupid to realize that.

But, Tebow was never going to learn anything from Manning. He just does not have the skill set to make the precision throws Manning's game relies on and never will. You might as well have LaDanian Tomlison, or Laron Landry, 'learn' from Manning. Or teach your ostrich how to ride a bicycle or a hippo to walk a tightrope.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4412940]It will when these same people flood sports radio, LIKE THEY DID IN DENVER, to force TEBOW as starter to promote the CHRISTIAN movement. I have never been more disgusted as JETS fan.....[/QUOTE]

Really? Wouldn't this be one of the first places they would show up? Am I missing the Evangelical threads?

They certainly put on a heck of show of force at the airport... 5 teenage girls and a bunch of reporters. (even the Phins did better at their protest with 31 pinheads)

And for some reason neither TV nor radio are covering the mass demonstrations. Must be a conspiracy... you think?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4413251]If Elway despised him, it was for the media circus he created that was a distraction from productive football. And yes, they would have paid to get rid of him, but the Jets were so eager to get him they were too stupid to realize that.

But, Tebow was never going to learn anything from Manning. He just does not have the skill set to make the precision throws Manning's game relies on and never will. You might as well have LaDanian Tomlison, or Laron Landry, 'learn' from Manning. Or teach your ostrich how to ride a bicycle or a hippo to walk a tightrope.[/QUOTE]
    Wow. You sure do jump to a lot of conclusions. I suppose because they fit your anti-Tebow-to-the-Jets agenda.

How do you know Elway despised him for the media circus?

Maybe it was simply because a) he didn't like him as a person or b) he didn't like him as a QB or both.

I bet Elway and Bowlen enjoyed that playoff check they got.

How do you know that Tebow was never going to learn anything from Manning?

Just because he doesn't have the same skill set as Manning doesn't mean he can't learn the position better and be a better QB. Tebow is still just 24. Sanchez regressed. Perhaps Tebow can pro-gress. Tebow had a 66% completion pct. in college. His QB rating was off the charts at 170. Maybe he just needs some experience and learning time in the NFL to improve?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the NY Metro area is NOT Colorado

check the demographics

4 million or so Jewish folks -- not Christian Evangelicals

maybe more Roman Catholics -- also not Christian Evangelicals by definitions

sorry, I don't see the likelihood of a massive Evangelical march and takeover of either NY sportstalk OR Jet Life Stadium.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4412881]
    JESUS FREAK CIRCUS that will now be JETS games.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]It will when these same people flood sports radio, LIKE THEY DID IN DENVER, to force TEBOW as starter to promote the CHRISTIAN movement. I have never been more disgusted as JETS fan.....[/QUOTE]

copernicus, you sound like someone who is just maybe a wee lil' bit bigoted against Christians. I seriously doubt that if Tebow was a vocal Muslim, Atheist, Jew, Mormon, or Buddhist that you'd be going on these hate-filled rants.

By your signature it appears to me as if you have some political leanings as well, but is anybody trying to attack you for them?

[QUOTE]OK, how about a century or two of this back in the "inquisition". Or you get a lot of it (in the millions) during the "reformation"....and that was christian on christian crime. Christians killed in Jesus' name throughout the crusades, and what occurred in Bosnia and throughout the former Yugoslavia wasn't pretty either.

ANYONE killing "in the name of God" regardless of the "god", is an abomination, making it seem like Muslims are the only party to this gross sin...is also a sin. Plenty of blame to go around here. [/QUOTE]

You left out in the name of "NO God" as well. And atheistic/anti-theistic/Anti-Semetic societies have killed millions as well (Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Hitler... on and on). Millions more than the crusades or what not in fact, which were even more recent as well.

By some people's reaction to Tim Tebow here and other places - who is simply a football player who has a deep faith in Christ and professes it often - you would think that he was plotting to use his billions of dollars to secretly take over the government, place all kinds of like-minded operatives in places of influence and power (news, papers, schools, TV, movies, music), brainwash millions to believe as he does and then wipe out all who disagree with him once he gained enough followers (now who could POSSIBLY do such a thing?!? :rolleyes:)

The kid is just a football player. We can all debate on whether or not to weigh if the kid can pass consistently or if Sanchez's psyche is too fragile to handle competition, or if dumb fans are going to chant for Tebow to start no matter what Mark does (and I personally think that outside of Schitty's system and with some blockers and another weapon or two, which IMO Tebow is one option, he will GROW this season), but attacking the guy's faith or attacking AN ENTIRE FAITH just because you personally disagree with it, is highly bigoted.

And, although Pat Robertson has said some wacky things in the past, what he said about the whole Tebow/Manning situation has real merit in my opinion. If Peyton's neck goes out or he can't pass in that Denver weather, the FO will look really dumb. If Peyton goes off and leads them to playoff wins and/or a Super Bowl, they'll look good. It's a high-risk/high-reward situation.

On the same regard, the Jets got a low-risk/high-reward deal, as Tebow has 1st-round athletic ability, but just has serious passing accuracy issues, much like Sanchez has been accused of (great skills and talent, questionable decision making). Both of these guys are young and talented. We aren't betting the house on a 40 year old. To use Tebow as a half back that can rifle off a pass, rip off some wildcat formations, or even catching passes out of the backfield or split out wide is very dangerous to opposing defenses - all while having a backup QB? I love it. We all agree that Sanchez should be the starter - as all the front office and most of us fans agree - but on that same note, if Sanchez takes a step back, then we now have a second young option at QB, one who despite his faults won some football games last year, including running around our whole f***n' defense for the win, and dropping a bomb on Pittsburgh to beat them in the playoffs, a feat that this franchise has NEVER EVER DONE. Oops, never mind all that, the kid is a Christian and he's going to brainwash all of NYC into Jesus Freaks! Oh No!!! :eek: WE MUST STOP HIM AND SEND HIM TO A BOONEYVILLE FOOTBALL TEAM BEFORE OUR CITY BECOMES A BUNCH OF PRO-LIFE/LOW-TAX-LOVIN'/BIBLE-CARRYING REDNECKS OR SOMETHING! :rolleyes:
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 03-23-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Typo fix.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4412937]Imagine if Tebow was a muslim no one would fly to games with him..:eek:[/QUOTE]

Too funny..LOL:):):)

[IMG]http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/1002090/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/190/height/190/fly-muslimah-hoody_design.png[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChrisChrusher#40;4413536]copernicus, you sound like someone who is just maybe a wee lil' bit bigoted against Christians. I seriously doubt that if Tebow was a vocal Muslim, Atheist, Jew, Mormon, or Buddhist that you'd be going on these hate-filled rants.

By your signature it appears to me as if you have some political leanings as well, but is anybody trying to attack you for them?

You left out in the name of "NO God" as well. And atheistic/anti-theistic/Anti-Semetic societies have killed millions as well (Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Hitler... on and on). Millions more than the crusades or what not in fact, which were even more recent as well.

By some people's reaction to Tim Tebow here and other places - who is simply a football player who has a deep faith in Christ and professes it often - you would think that he was plotting to use his billions of dollars to secretly take over the government, place all kinds of like-minded operatives in places of influence and power (news, papers, schools, TV, movies, music), brainwash millions to believe as he does and then wipe out all who disagree with him once he gained enough followers (now who could POSSIBLY do such a thing?!? :rolleyes:)

The kid is just a football player. We can all debate on whether or not to weigh if the kid can pass consistently or if Sanchez's psyche is too fragile to handle competition, or if dumb fans are going to chant for Tebow to start no matter what Mark does (and I personally think that outside of Schitty's system and with some blockers and another weapon or two, which IMO Tebow is one option, he will GROW this season), but attacking the guy's faith or attacking AN ENTIRE FAITH just because you personally disagree with it, is highly bigoted.

And, although Pat Robertson has said some wacky things in the past, what he said about the whole Tebow/Manning situation has real merit in my opinion. If Peyton's neck goes out or he can't pass in that Denver weather, the FO will look really dumb. If Peyton goes off and leads them to playoff wins and/or a Super Bowl, they'll look good. It's a high-risk/high-reward situation.

On the same regard, the Jets got a low-risk/high-reward deal, as Tebow has 1st-round athletic ability, but just has serious passing accuracy issues, much like Sanchez has been accused of (great skills and talent, questionable decision making). Both of these guys are young and talented. We aren't betting the house on a 40 year old. To use Tebow as a half back that can rifle off a pass, rip off some wildcat formations, or even catching passes out of the backfield or split out wide is very dangerous to opposing defenses - all while having a backup QB? I love it. We all agree that Sanchez should be the starter - as all the front office and most of us fans agree - but on that same note, if Sanchez takes a step back, then we now have a second young option at QB, one who despite his faults won some football games last year, including running around our whole f***n' defense for the win, and dropping a bomb on Pittsburgh to beat them in the playoffs, a feat that this franchise has NEVER EVER DONE. Oops, never mind all that, the kid is a Christian and he's going to brainwash all of NYC into Jesus Freaks! Oh No!!! :eek: WE MUST STOP HIM AND SEND HIM TO A BOONEYVILLE FOOTBALL TEAM BEFORE OUR CITY BECOMES A BUNCH OF PRO-LIFE/LOW-TAX-LOVIN'/BIBLE-CARRYING REDNECKS OR SOMETHING! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Bigoted against Christians? I am a Christian, just laugh at how hypocritical many are. As far as you [I]seriously doubting that if Tebow was a vocal Muslim, Atheist, Jew, Mormon, or Buddhist that you'd be going on these hate-filled rants, [/I] How could you speak for me? I dont like anyone who pushes religion on people. PERIOD. I watch sports, in part, to escape from politics and religion. The Jets just invited this into their backyard all for the sake of attention. Right winged Christians are as bad as radical Muslims who are as bad as over the top Jewish people. This goes for ANYONE who uses religion to push their agenda.

Bottom line, the JETS are an EMBARRASSMENT. Their owner is playing the fans for FOOLS. I have never been so upset with this team in all my life.

The FOOTBALL move of bringing TIM TEBOW to the JETS makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

The fact that thousands of his followers are radical CHristians brings another element to my displeasure in this. Mark Sanchez has no shot with the cards stack against him like this.

I cant believe what has happened to this promising team.

Woody, Rex, and Tannenbaum............ALL FRAUDS

(BTW, your last quote in this post is not mine)
    Last edited by copernicus; 03-23-2012 at 03:33 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ChrisChrusher#40;4413536]c

[/QUOTE]

Political leanings? The elite political leaders of America presently blame the country's economic woes on the 6th grade math and English teachers of America. I find it a bit ridiculous. If that is "political leanings" then I am guilty.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get it now. I really get it.

Last year, me and my nasty anti-religious streak was about as anti-Tebow as someone can get. Go ahead. Check my posts. A lot of it was way out of line. I have a tendency to get that way. But he played on an opposing team...a team that for all intents and purposes, knocked us out of the playoffs.

It really is amazing the pure hatred the guy can bring to the fans of a team that he was traded to. He hasn't even played a down and 65% of the people here are convinced this is the worst the to ever happen to the Jets.

Really?

How can someone who....disregarding what his abilities on the field are...is a down-to-earth, really nice guy be so hated?

Go ahead and call me a hypocrite for changing my opinion of him. I kinda deserve it.

But....part of me want the guy to start the first game of the year. Just to piss off everyone. I mean...wtf. He's a member of our team like it or not. You can question the front office. That's fair.