Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: What has happened to this franchise ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

What has happened to this franchise ?

Like a lot of Jet fans I don't understand the Tebow signing when the Jets have so many other problems (O/L and pass rush). I still puzzled why they picked ip Hunters option when he was among the worst offensive linemen in the NFL ?

After watching the Namath special on HBO I have a new respect for Broadway Joe and frankly I agree with his assesment that the Jets are essentially a rudderless ship at sea right now.

It comes to can we beat the Patriots twice during the season and be competitive with winning teams and right now I just don't see how they can with the remaining cap money. Sure Tebow will get a lot of cheers when he scores a TD from the Wildcat but most people view the Wildcat as a gimmick not a part of a winning Super Bowl teams arsenal.

I am speechless right now with the moves the Jets have made, or haven't made this off season. I know there is still a lot of time before camp but one has to wonder if they are intent on putting a winning team on the field or one that is just there to entertain us ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are a JOKE. clueless for the past 40+ yrs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ignoring the O-Line and the void left by dispatching Braylon Edwards is the most baffling at this point. We still have a lot of time, not to mention the draft so let's see what they do moving forward.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have alot of holes to fill OT,RB,WR, S, and a pass rusher.

I know we signed Landry and schilens (SP) and our own free agents.

I know you can't add all of them but we should have used our salary cap to sign at least 2 of these positions via free agency and then adderss the others via the draft.

The OL situation is a huge part of why Sanchez struggled last year and with Hunter still here the QB will struggle again.

I feel that this team has been hijacked by all this tebow crap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets added a safety some low cost WR's and did nothing about the oline. That fact that they signed tebow has zero to do with the other wholes. The jets have to draft well this year and use all of their picks, not trade up 5 times and end up with 4 picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And this needed it's own thread why?

does rmeyer52 ever post other than creating threads?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    You are a joke for this post.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    There comes a point when THIS becomes fukcing annoying.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Like a lot of Jet fans I don't understand the Tebow signing when the Jets have so many other problems (O/L and pass rush). I still puzzled why they picked ip Hunters option when he was among the worst offensive linemen in the NFL ?

After watching the Namath special on HBO I have a new respect for Broadway Joe and frankly I agree with his assesment that the Jets are essentially a rudderless ship at sea right now.

It comes to can we beat the Patriots twice during the season and be competitive with winning teams and right now I just don't see how they can with the remaining cap money. Sure Tebow will get a lot of cheers when he scores a TD from the Wildcat but most people view the Wildcat as a gimmick not a part of a winning Super Bowl teams arsenal.

I am speechless right now with the moves the Jets have made, or haven't made this off season. I know there is still a lot of time before camp but one has to wonder if they are intent on putting a winning team on the field or one that is just there to entertain us ?
    Who was out there that they could've afforded in free agency?

Fans keep bringing up all these fantastic and affordable players that the Jets missed out on, but I don't remember any of them.

Yes, Wayne Hunter wasn't very good last year. Did it ever occur to you that there were no reasonable replacements for him who were that much better? And name me the pass rusher that was out there that Tannenbaum missed out on. And all of these great options at safety that the Jets didn't get. Reggie Nelson resigned with the Bengals. The Jets signed Landry. What was the other great option that they missed?

It is just unreal how dense fans can be.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    stop your redundant spamming and hijacking every thread with the same lame Joe Benigno whining refrain, for godsake

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The regular season doesn't start until September..... & just like every damn season players will come and go for the next 5 months. Save the crying until then if you think we're still missing pieces.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    We have alot of holes to fill OT,RB,WR, S, and a pass rusher.

I know we signed Landry and schilens (SP) and our own free agents.

I know you can't add all of them but we should have used our salary cap to sign at least 2 of these positions via free agency and then adderss the others via the draft.

The OL situation is a huge part of why Sanchez struggled last year and with Hunter still here the QB will struggle again.

I feel that this team has been hijacked by all this tebow crap.
    It's not about Tebow. We have knuckleheads running the team. The leaders of this team went after Tebow, it's not his fault. He's just another player that was signed to help this team, yeah he's a Christian, but he's also a really good athlete. We have the three stooges to thank for this mess. I hope they make us all eat our words. But without bringing in talent to fill in the majors holes, this team will have problems winning 6 games.

Let's hope they prove us fans wrong.