Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JON CORZINE, you are so f'ing busted

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4415200]1969 - 1975 USMCR attained the rank of SGT:yes:[/QUOTE]

Oswald and Charles Whitman were Marines too. What is your point?

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4414993]+1

You know what's incredible (to me, anyway)?

This guy was ran two of the most famous financial institutions in history, was a U.S. Senator, and the Governor of the State of NJ, and leaves absolutely no positive legacy behind. In those very prestigious positions he will be remembered for doing nothing at all positive. Amazing.[/QUOTE]

He was fighting fires the entire time he was Governor. The Economy went down the toilet and Christie blamed him for the high unemployment rate. (Now Christie will have to try to explain how unemployment isn't something a Governor can do much about ...after killing Corzine over it 4 years before. ha-ha)

Corzine tried to 'Monetize' the Parkway and NJTPK for $30 Billion cash. He was trying to kill NJ un-funded obligations. But politics killed it. Good public policy was no match for politics. Even though renting out toll roads was done in other states by Republican Governors it was shot down in NJ with the help of the NJ Republican party. This was Corzine big idea.... He lost the political battle over it…It would not surprise me if whoever is Governor following Christie (in 5 years) does something similar to this. Trade the revenue of that NJ’s toll roads generate in order to clear up the un-funded state obligations…. Best deal out there for NJ
    Last edited by Buster; 03-24-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: clean up

All League
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4415079]His legacy is that of a hypocrit. Earns billions in the private sector, leaves to become a politician to tell us all how we should live and signs legislation that drives up NJ taxes and literally blindsides the middle class and when the soup gets hot, cheats his customers.[/QUOTE]

Riiiight... Taxes in NJ before Corzine were low...LOL...

Please... tell us more about NJ ... And how long have you lived there ...and read the newspapers from there...And paid taxes there...Please

[QUOTE=Buster;4415410]Riiiight... Taxes in NJ before Corzine were low...LOL...

Please... tell us more about NJ ... And how long have you lived there ...and read the newspapers from there...And paid taxes there...Please[/QUOTE]

You have all the right in the world to defend Corzine. Will you be speaking at his trial?

All League
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4415436]You have all the right in the world to defend Corzine. Will you be speaking at his trial?[/QUOTE]

I am not defending anyone...If Corzine ordered $200 million to be misappropriated he should do time...

What I am doing is pointing out that your post is 100% BS.

[QUOTE=Buster;4415439]I am not defending anyone...If Corzine ordered $200 million to be misappropriated he should do time...

What I am doing is pointing out that your post is 100% BS.[/QUOTE]

that's an opinion, not mine, but an opinion.

Sounds like my cousin Vinny...Everything that guy just said is Bull$hit.

Can't believe there's still a shill out there dumb enough to defend Corzine...

All League
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4415468]Can't believe there's still a shill out there dumb enough to defend Corzine...[/QUOTE]

Who might that be?

[QUOTE=Buster;4415394]He was fighting fires the entire time he was Governor.[/quote]

[Quote]Corzine tried[/quote]

[Quote]He was trying[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

He was trying all right ... always trying

[url]http://tigerhawk.blogspot.com/2010/10/governor-christie-recounts-his-first.html[/url]

Buster - the guy is an out and out scumbag.

Just as he felt rules didn't apply to him as governor when he broke his leg (or whatever) speeding on the freeway and not wearing a seatbelt, he felt rules didn't apply to him when he stole over a billion dollars cash to try and trade out of a hole as CEO of MF Global.

The wreckage is extensive.

Who cares what this dirtbag "tried" to do.

[QUOTE=Ernie;4415368]Oswald and Charles Whitman were Marines too. What is your point?[/QUOTE]

Since you rarely post here, CR and I are USMC vets. It is an 'insider' joke for us

All League
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4415591]He was trying all right ... always trying

[url]http://tigerhawk.blogspot.com/2010/10/governor-christie-recounts-his-first.html[/url]

Buster - the guy is an out and out scumbag.

Just as he felt rules didn't apply to him as governor when he broke his leg (or whatever) speeding on the freeway and not wearing a seatbelt, he felt rules didn't apply to him when he stole over a billion dollars cash to try and trade out of a hole as CEO of MF Global.

The wreckage is extensive.

Who cares what this dirtbag "tried" to do.[/QUOTE]

You are most likely correct in your analysis of Jon Corzine.

Even if Corzine knew nothing of the sketchy transactions that occurred at MF Global he was the CEO and the buck stops with him. I like how the Treasure makes illegal transactions (they are…aren't they?) and then says "JC told me to do it, I was just following orders". That one never gets old.

Your analysis of the "Seatbelt incident" is a stretch.

Paulie said Corzine accomplished nothing as Governor and he was right. I just did my best to TRY and explain what the “major policy” initiative of the Corzine administration was. Also, I think it was the right move and will probably be done in the future. A future where NJ’s Governor is not politically tied to the politics associated with the monetization fiasco.

[QUOTE=Buster;4415839]Even if Corzine knew nothing of the sketchy transactions that occurred at MF Global he was the CEO and the buck stops with him. I like how the Treasure makes illegal transactions (they are…aren't they?) and then says "JC told me to do it, I was just following orders". That one never gets old.[/quote]
    I think it's been clear for some time that there's gonna be no fall guy but Corzine in the MF Global.

The only thing that I find surprising about the latest in the story is how cut and dried this is.

[QUOTE=Buster;4415839]Your analysis of the "Seatbelt incident" is a stretch.[/quote]
    Sort of but not really. I think it's more indicative of his character than the phony mid-West ethical persona he crafted. Indicative in the way like that the guys who cheat at golf are the guys who'll cheat at anything, ie. wives, wire fraud, etc.

Fact of the matter is, to be CEO of GoldmanSachs you have to have ice water running through your veins. Corzine, Paulson, Blankfein. Regardless of what people think of it, that's no small feat.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4415758]Since you rarely post here, CR and I are USMC vets. It is an 'insider' joke for us[/QUOTE]

I thought that's what PM's were for. :yes:

[QUOTE=Ernie;4416306]I thought that's what PM's were for. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Just where do you thread hijackers come from? There seems to be an abundance on JI lately. Your thought does not have to be mine

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4416793]Just where do you thread hijackers come from? There seems to be an abundance on JI lately. Your thought does not have to be mine[/QUOTE]

That was an insider joke between myself and 32green. In any case the fact that Corzine was a Marine has nothing to do with the thread, so if anyone was the hijacker it be you, my friend. Good thoughts to you.

[QUOTE=Ernie;4416892]That was an insider joke between myself and 32green. In any case the fact that Corzine was a Marine has nothing to do with the thread, so if anyone was the hijacker it be you, my friend. Good thoughts to you.[/QUOTE]

That guy is hysterical! Love those Hampurisms, grade A humor.