Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solarís 80% Plunge Hurts Utilities From Hawaii to Spain

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    lo....srry.

6,000 years ago

You're good people OCCH. I enjoy our "debates" here...you and the mysteriously absent CanadaSteve are my fave Christian posters here. Where the heck has Steve been anyway? I've seen him on a few Tebow threads.
    First defending Tebow, now me/CS -- I'm honestly afraid what your endgame is here

But seriously, thanks for the kind words. I'll try to keep them in mind the next time you're telling me what a religious conservative loon I am

Hall Of Fame
    I own a home in AZ and will consider solar. Reality is installation of panels has added about 100,000 jobs. Unfortunately we are now in a trade war with China on panels and the cost of the panels is going up. US jobs are in installation, there is no reason to punish the Chinese for bringing the cost of panels down. If they dump them it cost less to install them. If they dump them and we install them we import less oil.

There is no reason the US needs to push the manufacturing of these cells. We should be upgrading our grid, working on storage technology and encourage the cheap entry of manufactured products from overseas that reduce our need to subsidize manufacturers that can't compete.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I own a home in AZ and will consider solar. Reality is installation of panels has added about 100,000 jobs. Unfortunately we are now in a trade war with China on panels and the cost of the panels is going up. US jobs are in installation, there is no reason to punish the Chinese for bringing the cost of panels down. If they dump them it cost less to install them. If they dump them and we install them we import less oil.

There is no reason the US needs to push the manufacturing of these cells. We should be upgrading our grid, working on storage technology and encourage the cheap entry of manufactured products from overseas that reduce our need to subsidize manufacturers that can't compete.
    +1,000,000,000,000

I agree in term of energy and America's energy security we need to make/force solar generated power a bigger piece of the pie.

I say cut a deal with China...guarantee $2 billion (or whatever) worth of purchases from China at a low price and then work a deal to have the former American manufactures sell them retail.

Diversifying our energy supply is crucial. I remember the 1973 & 1979 ďgas crisesĒ.

Does anyone else?